PDA

View Full Version : First in line.

Agent Proto
02-11-2012, 03:39 AM
You're the first in line to watch a hot box office movie at the movie theaters. All the seats are available, so where do you plan to seat to enjoy your movie?

I usually sit near the back.

Shlup
02-11-2012, 03:47 AM
Dead center.

Though I'm not usually picky if I have to sit somewhere else.

Freya
02-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Middle row, middle seat. I count how many rows there are and then count how many seats and get the very middle.

I don't like sitting close to the screen because I don't like having to look up. Otherwise if it's full, I don't care where BUT if I have a choice. Middle row, middle seat.

NorthernChaosGod
02-11-2012, 03:53 AM
Whichever row has the best viewing angle so that I don't have to tilt my head up or down, and then nearest to the middle as possible.

Sephex
02-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Depends on who I am with, really. Though if it is up to me I sit around the mid center of the theater.

Agent Proto
02-11-2012, 04:06 AM
I have a feeling most of you will be choosing the middle or center of the theater.

Bunny
02-11-2012, 04:24 AM
If it stadium seating, I sit in the very middle of the back row, usually below the projector. If it is not stadium seating, I turn around and leave the theater.

blackmage_nuke
02-11-2012, 04:54 AM
6 from the back center. Or if its a really small cinema just up the back

Quindiana Jones
02-11-2012, 05:50 AM
Middle column, at about 55-60% of the way up.

fire_of_avalon
02-11-2012, 06:12 AM
For non-stadium seating I generally sit three our for rows from the back in the middle. In stadium style seating I like to be in the middle middle.

My sister likes to sit on the sides. Ugh.

Quindiana Jones
02-11-2012, 06:19 AM
The outer seats are for thieves and whores. :colbert:

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 06:30 AM
I like to sit on the far sides, in the furthest seat right behind the row that opens up into the alley. That way if there's a fire or bomb or something I can jump up and over the seat in front of me and be right in the alley and make my escape, but I'm not actually next to the alley so I don't have to worry about somebody coming up and trying to shank me from around the corner without me having enough time to react.

Or in the back is fine too.

Jiro
02-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Two thirds of the way back somewhere near the middle. Also potentially back right corner (facing the screen) because that's where I can charm a lady right.

Bubba
02-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Yep, right in the middle. I sit towards the front though because my eyes are terrible.

Shlup
02-11-2012, 10:44 AM
The outer seats are for thieves and whores. :colbert:
And me when I have a soda pop 'cause I always have to pee twenty minutes after drinking a soda pop.

Chris
02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
I prefer the outer seats, too. Also, I don't like sitting next to strangers, so I either bring along a friend, or catch at a movie at a very late point when the movie is nearing its end, so there won't be a lot of people in the theatre.

Psychotic
02-11-2012, 12:22 PM
My town is filled with inbreds and chavs and I always choose to sit somewhere far away from these common peasants so that I do not contract their ailments.

Pike
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM
At our theater every room has got this great metal bar somewhere around the middle where you can put your feet up (you're not supposed to but the theater staff stopped caring once they realized everyone does it), so as long as I get the metal bar I'm good.

Sephex
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I think it's funny when teenage couple sit in the double seat thinking it's a love seat or something. Then some handicapped person or staff swings by and tells them to get the hell out of the seat.

Shiny
02-12-2012, 12:15 AM
My high school History teacher: "I don't want to sit in the front of the movie theater because I don't want to get a neck ache. I don't want to sit in the back on the movie theater because I don't want to get a sexually transmitted disease."

I usually like to sit on the side so I can get up and go to the bathroom because I will have inevitably drank too much delicious red drink they always serve that's supposed to be a medium, but is actually a super large. Crazy American sizes. If I know I don't want to miss anything in the movie and/or I don't have a drink, I sit in the middle, but I don't count the smurfing rows because I don't care.

GhandiOwnsYou
02-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Best case scenario, towards the back, in the sides. With precisely the number of friends to take up that row of side seats. I hate sitting next to strangers in a theater.

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2012, 12:29 AM
All you people and your stranger phobia... don't go to the movie on opening night. PROBLEM. SOLVED.

Tigmafuzz
02-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Don't go to the movies, period. Get them for free. Using the power of the internet! PROBLEM SOLVED, PERMANENTLY.

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2012, 05:02 AM
Don't go to the movies, period. Get them for free. Using the power of the internet! PROBLEM SOLVED, PERMANENTLY.
Then you have to wait too long for a decent copy.

Iceglow
02-13-2012, 09:19 AM
When I go to the cinema? I let the lady decide where we'll be sitting because I'm a gentleman.

Jiro
02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
From the other stories you have told me, that statement is false.

Levian
02-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm more picky about what I stuff my face with than where I sit when I'm at the movies. Prioritize!

Agent Proto
02-13-2012, 09:28 PM
You don't want the best seat?

Levian
02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
It's not possible to know what seat is the best until the movie starts. You might get Marge Simpson in front of you, a seatkicker behind you and an armresthogger beside you. It's better to supply yourself with enough chocolate to forget that evil exists in this world.

G13
02-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Back middle. I'm usually the only one in that wild sex orgy that's actually interested in watching the movie.

Pike
02-14-2012, 12:28 AM
It's not possible to know what seat is the best until the movie starts. You might get Marge Simpson in front of you, a seatkicker behind you and an armresthogger beside you. It's better to supply yourself with enough chocolate to forget that evil exists in this world.

This is a pretty valid point.

Iceglow
02-14-2012, 12:39 AM
From the other stories you have told me, that statement is false.

I'm a gentleman only so far once you push past that veneer then all kinds of depravity are unleashed but cinema dates much like a restaurant date where I haven't got a fixed plan in place are up to my lady consort.

Peegee
02-14-2012, 01:23 AM
I like the middle seat, a little above center, because I'm so short. Sometimes I bring a booster seat but that doesn't accommodate one of those giant American sized steps. Ugh

At least now I can throw popcorn at the most people from my vantage point.

Laddy
02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Middle at the third quartile. Said seating provides optimal viewing pleasure will minimal hassle.

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 03:14 PM
A few rows from the back at the end of the row. There are extra seats in that row, so in front of me is a rail rather than a seat. Footrest!