PDA

View Full Version : R&B Singer, Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Shiny
02-12-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/story/2012-02-11/whitney-houston/53053070/1

Say what you will about Whitney. She was many things, but you can't deny that she had a great set of lungs. She was also a pretty decent actress. I was just watching something with her on T.V. today and she looked healthy and happy even though she was with that fame whore Ray J. Sad to see her go and sad over the fact that her voice was gradually deteriorating. R.I.P.

Freya
02-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Oh snap! RIP Whitney :(

Pheesh
02-12-2012, 03:46 AM
We will always love you.

...Dear god, I'm sorry. I'll leave now.

DMKA
02-12-2012, 05:07 AM
I just heard. It ruined my evening.

So many legendary American entertainers have died, many way too young, in the last few years. It's making me sad.

RIP Whitney. You made some bad choices that ruined your career, but I still love you. ;_;

Chris
02-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I must say that I wasn't one bit surprised when I first heard the news this morning. But, this is indeed a tragic ordeal. :(

I think we all, at one point or another, have embarrassed ourselves by singing a Whitney song in public.

Rocket Edge
02-12-2012, 02:37 PM
I think we all, at one point or another, have embarrassed ourselves by singing a Whitney song in public.
I think I have done this :|

Tragic news but like some of you I'm not completely surprised. She had an amazing voice, the best since Marvin Gaye IMO. R.I.P.

Bubba
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think with some of her lifestyle choices then you could unfortunately see this coming. I wasn't really into her music but you can't deny the talent that she had. I really didn't like what she did with "I Will Always Love You" (far too piercing) but she could really belt out a tune.

It always amuses me whenever I hear someone try to sing a Whitney song and 99% of the time they don't even come close to doing it justice. Definitely a rare talent. Rest in Peace.

Old Manus
02-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Should have got a better bodyguar-*shot*

SuperMillionaire
02-13-2012, 09:27 PM
How sad. First Michael Jackson, then Amy Winehouse, and now Whitney Houston.

In the cases of Jackson and Houston, both were recovering drug addicts who tried to get clean, but just as they were about to make their comebacks, they died.

May she, and all the others before her, rest in peace for all eternity. Their legacies will live on...

Shiny
02-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Whitney did make her comeback in 2009 and it was a success album sales wise, but then as she went touring people realized the drugs had taken a toll on her. Her voice was no longer what it was. For that reason, I highly doubt she would've been able to make a legit comeback this year, but either way still sad to see her go.

Sylvie
02-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Imagine if she hadn't have fucked her life up with cocaine. She may even be alive today.