PDA

View Full Version : They call me Hal! That's not my name. That's not my name.

Freya
02-12-2012, 07:34 AM
v1c2OfAzDTI

How good are you at remembering people?

I can remember faces really well but names escape me. Often times I have to ask someone five times in one night before it semi sticks.

Tigmafuzz
02-12-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm excellent at remembering faces and names. Just not connecting the two.

Psychotic
02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
If I meet you socially then I'm usually pretty great. I'm not great with work clients though as I usually see them once and I've seen hundreds, so if I saw one out and about in public I would not recognise 90% of them.

However I think a more pressing issue has presented itself in the thread. Why the smurf have you just tainted EoFF with the god damn Ting Tings?

DMKA
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Man I hate that song.

I'm pretty good at remembering names of people I've met and have a face to go with said name.

Pike
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm terrible at remembering both faces and names. Mostly names. I'll know people for months and not remember their name. It's great.

fire_of_avalon
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
The inability to remember names is something that's been happening to me over the last year or so. I can remember the first interviewee whose name I couldn't remember. I was a sad.

Freya
02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
That song is awesome and you should love it :colbert:

Mirage
02-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Whenever I got into a new class at high school, college, etc, I would usually end up knowing the names of two people after half a year. I'm terrible with names. Maybe I just don't care who people I don't talk to are named.

Bunny
02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
As bad as it sounds, when I first meet someone I assume that I will never see them again, so I don't really put in the effort of remembering their name. I remember their face, I do that very well, but names and I are at odds most of the time. If I meet a person a second time, I usually remember their name from then on.

If you have a really strange name though, I will never forget that shit.

Jiro
02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm bad at remembering names but I'm getting a bit better. Meeting a shit load of new people here though so it's hard.

Sephex
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I am good at remembering faces and names. However, if I meet a girl that I have a crush on, for some reason I have trouble remembering her face in exact detail.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Faces? Awesome! Names? Not so much. There were people on my floor at my uni rez that the whole time I was there I never knew their name but I knew their face. I learned how to avoid people's names very well.

I remember names well if I am interested, romantically or platonic. Heck, I will remember a lot more than their name.

Shiny
02-13-2012, 03:49 AM
I forgot what I going to post on account of how awful that song is.

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2012, 05:12 AM
I am never posting on topic in your threads again. That song hurts my ears.

Shlup
02-13-2012, 05:50 AM
I'm great at remembering names if I have a second to process the information. When I was teaching, I always remembered the first names of all 100+ students by the end of the first day, and all of their last names by the end of the week.

Freya
02-13-2012, 06:12 AM
You didn't have to LISTEN to the song. It was just the song that my coworkers were singing yesterday and I decided to make a thread about it, Julian xP

Iceglow
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty bad with names, I'll forget them or I'll not remember the right one at the right time. Therefore if I cannot remember a name I will generally be like "Oh hey man, 'sup?" and variously use words like "dude" "man" "bro" "mate" "hun" "darling" "sweetie" depending on the gender of the person til I either remember the name or hear someone say it. It's surprising more people don't catch on to this fact with me, guess I got good at the avoidance of names.

On the other hand I'll generally remember faces quite well, so if I meet someone face to face I will remember talking to them at a later date even when I don't remember names. This is quite useful if I'm out in a bar and had a one night stand with a girl because it means depending on how she reacts when noticing me I can either make it a multiple event or avoid her well.

Bubba
02-13-2012, 10:05 AM
When I meet someone, I always repeat their name back to them to cement in my head what they're called. I used to be terrible at remembering names but found this technique works a treat.

As for the Ting-Tings I'm afraid I'm not a big fan. The first few times I heard this song when it came out, I didn't mind it. Then after the ninth or ten time her voice just got far too irritating. I chose not to play it Freya, sorry. But... I can think of no other song that is relevant to the topic so therefore it is allowed!