PDA

View Full Version : The Mognet Game - Sign Up Until Feb. 25th!

Tigmafuzz
02-13-2012, 08:57 AM
EDIT: Sign-ups are over!
Thread 1 (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/141641-mognet-game-thread-1-a.html)
Thread 2 (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/141776-mognet-game-thread-2-a.html)

We're going to play a game called
Mognet!

Not the original Mognet game where every fifth poster gets a Mognet Message. That's far too boring. We're going to play the new, slightly more complicated version. This one is actually played in two different threads.

Currently playing:
1. Tigmafuzz
2. Psychotic
3. NorthernChaosGod
4. Agent Proto
5. ShlupQuack
6. Jiro

Here's how it works:

Part 1 - Mognet

A new thread will be made to begin the game as soon as enough people have signed up, or on Feb. 25th regardless of the number of participants. This will be referred to as the "first" thread. The person who starts the thread comes up with a simple topic to discuss, and we discuss the topic Wait, "normal" on EoFF? This is already far too confusing.

Put the number of your reply (the first person to reply is #1, then the next is #2, etc.) at the BEGINNING AND END of your post. The person who starts the thread is not replying, so they are #0.

Every sixth reply changes the current topic slightly - or to something completely random, whatever.

I like sweaters more than jackets, but it's only because I prefer the freedom of movement. Jackets sometimes feel constricting. And also only if the sweater isn't itchy. I'd rather be bound and gagged than be itchy from my own clothing.

Next topic: What's your favorite cartoon from your childhood?

Every thirtieth person to reply gets sent a Mognet Message by everyone else playing, with a comment.
Your comment must be something about your personality, or indicative of who you are. Also, it helps if you have a sense of humor and can laugh about yourself. Nobody likes a Debbie Downer, mmmkay?

Part 2 - Speculation

Every person who gets sent messages for their thirtieth reply posts in (which will be made once thirty replies have been reached) all the comments from the Mognet Messages they received, and everyone else tries to guess who sent which comment. This will be the second thread. Only three comment guesses per participant.

Repped person:

Comment 1: I consider myself a horrible person because of my dark taste in humor
Comment 2: The concept of sentient android ponies brings me great joy
Comment 3: Taco taco, burrito burrito
Comment 4: My favorite genre of music sounds like whales making love
Comment 5: If I had a dollar for every time I've been to #eoff, I'd still be broke
Comment 6: I questioned Psy's omnipotence and thus am no longer a Cid's Knight
Guessing people:

1 - Tigmafuzz
2 - Pike
6 - Jiro
Only one guess per comment, meaning none of this:

3 - NCG or Sharky

Part 3 - Revelation (and POINTS)

After all the other players have guessed on who made which comment, the person who received the Mognet Messages will reveal who actually made each comment.

The point system is as follows:

1 point if your reply in the first thread is a multiple of six
2 points if your reply in the first thread is a multiple of six and you remember to change the topic
5 points if your reply in the first thread is a multiple of thirty, but only after you've posted your Mognet Messages in the second thread to be guessed upon

1 point for making three guesses in the second thread
3 points for every correct guess in the second thread, added to your one point if you made three guesses
2 extra points if you get all three guesses correct, for a total of 12 (1 for making three guesses + 3 per correct guess + 2 extra)

The points will be periodically updated in the first thread.

So come one, come all, and let's play
Mognet!

Psychotic
02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I have no understanding whatsoever of this. As such I would love nothing more than to sign up.

Comment 6: I questioned Psy's omnipotence and thus am no longer a Cid's Knight:greenie:

Jiro
02-13-2012, 05:41 PM
The third comment was obviously HC

NorthernChaosGod
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Sounds confusing, but it comes with rep. :p

theundeadhero
02-13-2012, 10:49 PM
The only rep I see people getting from rep whoring is bad rep :p

Tigmafuzz
02-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Lol. Does that mean you're playing?

Agent Proto
02-14-2012, 05:22 AM

3 - NCG or Julian

Bad example of a Bad Guess Example.

NorthernChaosGod
02-14-2012, 08:41 AM
I was going to say something about that, but thought it might be weird.

Lol. Does that mean you're playing?
Yes.

Tigmafuzz
02-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Alright. We've got Psy and NCG. More people join!

3 - NCG or Julian

Bad example of a Bad Guess Example.
Lol I meant to put "NCG or Sharky." I don't know why I put Julian twice xD

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Please keep rep genuine and do not make it part of a game. The whole point of getting reps is that you earn them, and that comes from more than just posting at the right place at the right time. Perhaps use Visitor Messages or Mognet/Private Messages instead?

Basically if someone starts abusing the rep system to get a bunch of rep points be it through forum games, threads asking for reps or through spam, I start deleting said reps. :p With awards being given out at Ciddies-time for most reps given/received/etc, we don't want people rigging a system which is designed to give credit where credit is due.

EDIT: After reading the second part of the event, I would say that Private Messages (aka Mognet Messages) are the way to go for this event. :) I'll update your post!

NorthernChaosGod
02-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Now I'm less excited. :p

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe we should put up stats for how many Mognet Messages people have so they can e-peen over that ;)

Jiro
02-15-2012, 06:32 PM
I have a fair few mognets :)

Tigmafuzz
02-16-2012, 04:27 AM
I like this idea better.

Agent Proto
02-16-2012, 05:13 AM
I like getting PMs. I guess you can sign me up then?

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2012, 06:13 AM
Maybe we should put up stats for how many Mognet Messages people have so they can e-peen over that ;)
Only if we make a category for most Mod warnings. :p

Tigmafuzz
02-16-2012, 06:20 AM
Only if we make a category for most Mod warnings. :p
I would like to see who the most, as well :D

Jiro
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Both of you have to try harder if you want to win that one.

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey! I had my moments. The staff just wanted to ban me and I didn't want to leave. :p

Tigmafuzz
02-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Just a few more days to sign up and we only have four players. It's going to be pretty easy to guess who made each comment when there's only three other people =/

Shlup
02-21-2012, 04:42 AM
I keep trying to understand these instructions.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/234/765/b7e.jpg

Tigmafuzz
02-21-2012, 04:56 AM
It's actually fairly simple. In the first thread, you just continue the conversation topic and put the number of your reply at the beginning and end of your post. If your number is a multiple of six, you change the topic.
If your reply is a multiple of thirty, everyone sends you a PM, and you start the second thread after you get their messages.

In the second thread, after posting the comments you received via Mognet, everyone makes three guesses each as to who made which comment. And then points are awarded.

NorthernChaosGod
02-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Just join us, Amanda. We need more people to play. :(

Shlup
02-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Fine.

Jiro
02-21-2012, 05:52 AM
Sign me the fuck up for whatever this is brother.

Tigmafuzz
02-23-2012, 09:13 PM
I guess six players would be enough. But there's still two more days if anyone else feels like signing up :-/

Jiro
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
We'll have so much fun that others'll wanna join.

Tigmafuzz
02-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Alrighty, it looks like the thread will start tomorrow with 6 players. Not bad, I guess. I may need to change the rule from every 6th post to every 4th or 5th to make it quicker and a little more fair to everyone (if everybody posts at the time they wake up without re-checking the thread then whoever got the points the first time will continue getting the points) and I may need to change the Mognet rule to 25th post. But if everyone's comfy with the rules the way they stand now, I'll just leave it alone.

Jiro
02-25-2012, 03:32 PM
You're the boss man, I'm sure you know how to make it efficient!