PDA

View Full Version : How many of you lost the first battle?

VeloZer0
02-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Thread title explains it all. You might be shocked to know that I, self acclaimed board FFT guru, lost the first battle multiple times in a row.

Then I figured out you had to use the L & R buttons to add additional units. I though the damn game was impossible!

(Or expand the thread to include any embarrassing losses)

Gamblet
02-13-2012, 06:13 PM
I didn't fail the first battle, but I restarted a couple of times because my only two Chemists in the party turned to crystals.. And I am a good player, played the game through like 5 times. I don't know what happened.

Tigmafuzz
02-16-2012, 06:08 AM
The first time I played the game forever ago, I had already seen a couple of videos about the game, but all I really got from them was "jobs are important." So I spent a few extra hours with random battles to get some JP and unlocked a few new job classes. But then I made it to the next storyline mission and lost because Algus had died, even though I was about 6 levels higher than I needed to be. Damnit Algus.

Jiro
02-25-2012, 06:42 AM
I didn't lose the first battle but I was bad and someone died. So I restarted and mopped the floor with them. It's going to be a sharp learning curve I fear, I have no idea what anything means.

VeloZer0
02-25-2012, 03:04 PM
By died I assume you mean crystalized/treasurized?

It's going to be a sharp learning curve I fear, I have no idea what anything means.
Interestingly enough in FFT you can get by with knowing very little, knowing more just helps and makes the game more engaging.

Mirage
02-25-2012, 09:23 PM
I never even completed the first game, but I'm pretty sure I won the first battle.

*Laurelindo*
06-08-2012, 03:06 PM
The game is actually really bad at explaining the party formation thing, so I believe almost everyone has been royally screwed the first time (including myself)

It's good though that you didn't mean the *very* first battle outside Igros Castle, because that's the only battle I have ever seen that actually requires strategy to lose.

Mirage
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Well to be fair, I restarted it because someone died permanently, and I didn't want to have any of that going on in my save file. I wouldn't have lost the battle though.

Greatermaximus
07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't believe I did. I remember using Delita as a meat shield(vulgar term) most of the time. After the tenth playthrough I learned what was essential to beat the game each time.

Jowy
08-03-2012, 10:45 PM
I didn't know I had generic soldiers and thought i had to do that entirely with Ramza and Delita. I died a lot.

DMKA
08-04-2012, 03:56 AM
I died on the first battle several times.

I've still never beat the game. I got to the fourth or fifth battle I think (the one with the black mages lighting everything on fire) and ragequit.

Gamblet
08-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I died on the first battle several times.

I've still never beat the game. I got to the fourth or fifth battle I think (the one with the black mages lighting everything on fire) and ragequit.

You are missing out!

Mercen-X
08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I've already retold the story times a baker's dozen, but... I stopped playing Tactics altogether because I lost the first battle and I didn't want to have to watch the opening sequence all over again. It just takes too long. Is War of the Lions as long and painfully slow? Can you skip the sequence?

Jowy
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
they had no homes
no jobs
L
I
T
T
L
E

M
O
N
E
Y

You can skip the scenes in the iOS version which is just a port of the PSP's.

Hollycat
08-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I always lose the first battle after the first forest a few times.