PDA

View Full Version : Advance Wars

Depression Moon
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Just decided to play this because I remember the trophy assist in Brawl and decided to look this game up. This is probably the second strategy game I owned, the other being the Final Fantasy one on PSN and I found it to be quite addicting. I think I'm still just going through tutorials though since it says I'm still on field training though it doesn't feel like it anymore. I'm currently at the stage where you're introduced to weather effects. I've been losing like crazy on this stage, but I love games that make me think.

Sephex
02-13-2012, 10:32 PM
This is a series I need to get into. Playing Shining Force II last year reminded me that I have been meaning to play more SRPGs.

Jiro
02-14-2012, 02:46 AM
I assume this is actually the first Advance Wars you're playing then? I have Dark Conflict and it's pretty sweet. I had one of the earlier ones a long time ago which was a little bit more streamlined and easier, but I'm enjoying Dark Conflict thoroughly.

Depression Moon
02-14-2012, 02:56 AM
Yeah, I'm playing the first one.

Iceglow
02-14-2012, 11:09 AM
I have both Dark Conflict and Advance Wars on GBA. They're excellent games. These along with Pokemon, Golden Sun and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 1 and 2 are the only real reasons I ever owned a GBA or DS. I'm looking to get the new Golden Sun game that came out last year cheaply at some point and play that but I missed Golden Sun 2 so I may have to play some Rom's first.

Depression Moon
12-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I've been having some issues with this game and I was wondering if anyone here might know how to help me. I had finally picked this game back up yesterday because I never finished it and my save file was still there and sound. Today I opened it up and the game opened up like it was my first time playing. I tried to load from a .sav and a sgm file, but it said the file type is unsupported and the sgm doesn't even show up when I click on open file location in a program search, but it'll still open from that window.

Is there a way to recover this save data or would I have to start the game all over?