PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3 in space!

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Can non gold members play this?!

Sephex
02-14-2012, 07:35 PM
I have no idea, but I just want to say that they better let you hit the news reporter again in the full game.

DK
02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I refuse to play it. I will not touch anything ME3 related until I get the full game.

I have no idea, but I just want to say that they better let you hit the news reporter again in the full game.

While this was one of the funniest moments of the previous games, Psy told me the worst news the other day, namely being that awful whore who does the IGN strategize videos on XBL (and maybe PS3? Idk) is in the game. The only way I will let Bioware off for this disgusting filth is if she is the one that gets beasted. I mean, they can let you punch the reporter if you want, but I know who I'd be smashing given the choice. :colbert:

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2012, 08:08 PM
I pre-ordered the N7 edition, paid most of it with a gift card and some with my debit card. But then my bank yanked ALL of my money out of my account because of some kind of error with my deposit, so the order hasn't processed. It's been in limbo for two weeks, and any attempts to check on it online result in an error, and if I check by phone I get disconnected every time. I hope it goes through because I threw the gift card away before I realized what happened. That would be $75 down the toilet!

EDIT:

Aw yeah it went through.

Freya
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Chobot, yeah you can either romance her or kick her off your ship. Bitch is going flying for me.

And yes, Microsoft is waving the Gold membership requirement to DL this at the same time rather than having to wait a week.

Also also, the infiltrator class on the Demo sucks. That class is suppose to focus more on sniping and they don't give you a sniper rifle for the mission. Otherwise it's fun. The atlas was a bitch to kill but, while frustrating, the AI actually being smart was fun. I couldn't stay and hide cause they'd throw grenades at me or flank me. I had to keep moving. It all would have gone better had I been able to snipe :mad2: but it was still fun.

Unless you bought BF3 and registered it, the MP wont be open till the 17th for everyone else. That you do need Gold for but that's understandable.

Also also also they have mentioned you will be able to punch the reporter again just haven't officially confirmed it.

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
This is so exciting I get to talk about games I like with people when they launch now!

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
I refuse to play it. I will not touch anything ME3 related until I get the full game.
:up:

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Like Freya, I play Infiltrator so I was a little disappointed to have my class gimped by not having a sniper rifle. It is sorta the whole point of the class. I was also relieved yet saddened when the By-Pass minigame was taken away. As much as "lockpicking" or in this case "hacking" skills are annoying, it is also what makes Technical based characters special. :/

As for the general gameplay, the feel is somewhere between ME1 and ME2, which is probably intentional. The context for taking cover feels slightly more fluid yet at the same time frustrating if you are used to ME2 because sometimes you absently move the wrong way and cover is gone. :/ I think if I turn my mouse sensitivity down as well, it might help. Also, I totally need to assign melee to a mouse key. Pressing "F" is rather annoying.

Also, yay for krogan females! :D

Quindiana Jones
02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Can I romance the Krogan female? I know I'd rather do that than Chobot.

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 01:25 PM
The neighbor's unprotected wi-fi just isn't good enough for downloading from the Xbox Live Marketplace. I guess I will be waiting until March after all!

Bunny
02-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Won't be playing the demo since it isn't available on Steam.

Fuck Origin.

Jessweeee♪
02-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Holy shit you guys. Mass Effect 3 in SPACE!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2012/02/mass-effect-3-becomes-true-space-oddity-/1#.Tz1Ul21F6gu

Freya
02-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Omg multiplayer is awesome. It's like gears horde mode just with specialties. I'm awesome at infiltrator but holy Tit fuck vanguard is fun!

f f freak
02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I agree that multiplayer is awesome. I've only just started as a level 3 Sentinel and I'm having so much fun. Only problem is the people I've been playing with are terrible. In my first game I was with 3 Level 3 Soldiers and they were all so bad. One got killed a few seconds after the first wave begun and ragequit, so we were already down a man. Then the other two kept dying and I had to revive them, but then when I died they just left me to time out. I was really annoyed, especially when we lost a few minutes after my death. Still, this may actually get me to purchase a Gold Account so I can play the real thing.

Psychotic
02-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I play as an Asari called Rodney I shoot the things with the guns and freeze the octopus

Skyblade
02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
I don't actually give any spoilers, just my impression of the single player demo, but for those who want no first impressions, turn aside.

The single player part of the demo is flat out horrible. It's almost completely action based, and there are parts where you can tell they just took a hatchet to the script when setting up the demo. On the rest, you are praying they took a hatchet to the script, because the intro does not flow smoothly from ME2, and there is a lot of non-interactive scripting.

As for combat, mostly it sucks because of the demo design. They enforced a four gun loadout on characters during the mid-game mission, which cripples you if you aren't a Soldier, since the new weight system means that your abilities reload slower with that many weapons if you don't have the weight to carry them (and, news flash, the other classes don't). Other than that, I just really hate the jump from one cover to the next, mostly because it uses the same commands I always use to exit cover. They bind way, way too many things to the Spacebar (and, since the commands are grouped, you can't freely rebind them).

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Haven't played it yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they cut like a kajillion lines of script from the demo. With the way they begun Mass Effect 2. I mean that was pretty wtf what is going on o_o

Freya
02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Psy and Quin keep letting me die. :(

Madame Adequate
02-17-2012, 06:56 PM
BioWare in ruining great games shocker!

Nobody is surprised.

Except BioDrones.

http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy178/Automilf/biodrone.png

Skyblade
02-17-2012, 07:13 PM
I didn't say they ruined the game, just that they ruined the demo. Which they did.

Honestly, I don't even know why they bothered having the "story" and "roleplay" options on the demo, because there is basically no story to it. Play the single player demo and you'll see what I mean.

One thing does frighten me a little: Between this demo and SWTOR, I am getting worried that BioWare is forgetting how to make full use of the dialogue wheel. I don't want the left hand side left empty forever.

Freya
02-17-2012, 07:29 PM
The demos purpose wasn't to get people who have already played it back into it. They know you'll play. They are trying to gear toward new people. And what market is untapped? The CoD kids. That's the purpose of the demo so of course they aren't going to have hundreds of dialogue options. They will show the basic gameplay and how cinematic like cutscenes work. If you were expecting more than that from a demo then I don't think you've played too many demos before.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I've been an Adept in the first two, but I didn't like it much in this installment. I played with the Engineer in multiplayer (and immediately improved), so I'm gonna play ME1 and 2 again as one.

P.S. Combat Drones are the best thing ever.

Shiny
02-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Oh god, can I still pre-order? I don't want to play the demo, damnit. Bioware you tease!

Freya
02-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah, the standard edition is still up for preorder.

I fell through the map on multiplayer o.o I have yet to unlock any aliens but I have unlocked the rare shotgun and heavy pistol. One shooting those damn phantoms is soooo satisfying.

Psychotic
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I have carved out a niche role for myself as an Asari sniper. I freeze you then I pop your head off! Or if you're a Guardian with a riot shield, I throw your shield out of my way, then I pop your head off :cool:

Freya
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Vs7kix6_8Ks

Ashley looks hot. AND MAKOS!

Quindiana Jones
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Massively disappointed they didn't give Ash a chainsaw this time around.

DMKA
02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
That trailer is awesome with the exception of the uncanny valley child face.

I'm excited to play it. I really hope it's the last one.

Shiny
02-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Yay, Ashley and her boomstick. Too bad I killed her because she's racist. I can't wait to see the extended cut! Music and visuals were orgasmic.

Freya
02-21-2012, 06:35 PM
ANDDDD here's the full one. The husk stuff still creeps me the fuck out.

eBktyyaV9LY

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Played the demo.

Did I see...a husk dragon whiz by?

I Took the Red Pill
02-22-2012, 01:08 AM
Mass Effect 3 - FemShep Run Animation - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye0Rl16elKo)

Shiny
02-22-2012, 01:59 AM
What in the hell. She looks like she's wearing an adult diaper underneath that squad uniform. That's what it looks like and it's the only explanation I can give for that run.

Anderson's run is also pretty ridiculous. (http://youtu.be/FoGcGyMi7qc)

Madame Adequate
02-22-2012, 02:48 AM
I hate BioWare. Mass Effect 1 was amazing. 2 was somewhere between great and pretty good, but I've still not forgiven them for that ammo bullshit. This looks... like she's wearing an adult diaper.

It looks like it lacks any solidity. I'll play the demo later tonight or tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll still buy it, but ugh. I have a bad feeling about this.

Shiny
02-22-2012, 03:41 AM
For the first Mass Effect I have not forgiven them for the Mako and for the second, that stupid "find this element on this random ass planet" crap which was also in the first, but some how more annoying in ME 2. They always have something in their games that is a completely bad idea. I'm hoping the animation is the only thing that is horrific.

Freya
02-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Blah blah. The story is why I love it. I could care less about the running animation, the mineral searching, the mako (:love: the mako I could climb fucking mountains and up straight cliffs). Bioware makes an engaging story that not only allows you to customize your playthrough but also is really freaking awesome. And if you're awesome at the game the ammo system doesn't matter. INCINERATE EVERYTHING.

Madame Adequate
02-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Nah the weapons cooling system was an interesting mechanic that had good lore justification, and gave you options in what you were doing. Make a gun that can fire forever? Make a super powerful gun that only gets one round off before needing to cooldown? It added to your decision-making about weapons in a tangible, meaningful way.

Reloading was just generic bullshit.

The planet scanning was also bullshit, but I liked the Mako a fair bit (Though being hardcore and doing as much as you can on foot is better :love:)

Jessweeee♪
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
I don't feel one way or another about the scanning. It was weirdly addictive and I wouldn't have checked out the planet descriptions otherwise, and they were pretty neat. On the other hand it was soooooooo slooooow and the upgrade you get doesn't seem to make any difference until you start a new game and don't have it anymore. It just feels slower and slower each time I play. The Mako was kind of fun to dick around with.

DMKA
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Who plays Mass Effect for the gameplay and running animations? It's a dating sim for goodness sake.

Freya
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/053/c/a/long_awaited_cuddles_by_lekana-d4qkomz.png
Yeah I drew that last night >.>

I mean... IT'S NOT A DATING SIM xP My Shepard is a badass!

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Mass Effect (http://masseffect.com/space)

Space Edition begins launch tomorrow!

Freya
02-23-2012, 12:36 AM
I think the spaceness is awesome but I can't do it so therefore it's lame as well.

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, they are launching from LA and New York, and we are like equally distant from those two in the middle of the country :cry:

DMKA
02-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Wait...so they're literally going to launch copies of the game into space?

What the hell? :p

Psychotic
02-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe the real life Turians deserve to play ME too. Don't be a hater.

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Nah the weapons cooling system was an interesting mechanic that had good lore justification, and gave you options in what you were doing. Make a gun that can fire forever? Make a super powerful gun that only gets one round off before needing to cooldown? It added to your decision-making about weapons in a tangible, meaningful way.

Reloading was just generic bullshit.

The planet scanning was also bullshit, but I liked the Mako a fair bit (Though being hardcore and doing as much as you can on foot is better :love:)

I agree completely. Weapon upgrading in games is always some "add pretty colours! Reduce reload time by 0.00005 seconds!" bullshit. ME1 created an interesting and truly in-depth upgrading mechanic that altered gameplay significantly, and then scrapped it for some crap. Spending ages creating an assault rifle that never heats up or loses accuracy was a fun way to spend some time, as opposed to the scanning wank. My Adept was so boss :(.

And everyone who didn't like the Mako sections makes me sick. It was really fun going on a planet and ice-skating/drunk-frog-jumping everywhere. I spent ages trying to make the most ridiculous out of the blue jump, and I consider it time not wasted. But they removed it because some morons shat themselves. I blame those shitty morons for Mass Effect loss in quality.

:doublecolbert:

DK
02-24-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't feel one way or another about the scanning. It was weirdly addictive and I wouldn't have checked out the planet descriptions otherwise, and they were pretty neat. On the other hand it was soooooooo slooooow and the upgrade you get doesn't seem to make any difference until you start a new game and don't have it anymore. It just feels slower and slower each time I play. The Mako was kind of fun to dick around with.

I didn't mind the scanning either. I'm sure there was a way to make it faster without and with the upgrade as well. I can't remember what I did when I was doing it because it's been a while, but I know I used to get around the planets at a fair clip. The planet description thing though, man I didn't need any god damn excuse. I am obsessed with that shit. I literally fly to every available area any time new places become unlocked and read every single one. I don't know why. I just love the history of it all. "This is some random ass planet where one thousand years ago some Krogan warlord went insane and decided to wage war on the hanar" or something. It is awesome.

Freya
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Apparently the San Francisco ones got stuck in trees on cliffs. lol

Jessweeee♪
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM

I didn't mind the scanning either. I'm sure there was a way to make it faster without and with the upgrade as well. I can't remember what I did when I was doing it because it's been a while, but I know I used to get around the planets at a fair clip. The planet description thing though, man I didn't need any god damn excuse. I am obsessed with that shit. I literally fly to every available area any time new places become unlocked and read every single one. I don't know why. I just love the history of it all. "This is some random ass planet where one thousand years ago some Krogan warlord went insane and decided to wage war on the hanar" or something. It is awesome.

I would just tap the trigger repeatedly rather than holding it down. That made it go faster, but not faster enough unless I wanted to miss a bunch of stuff :(

Madame Adequate
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Well fuck my shit, I wasn't expecting ME3 to be anything amazing but I just cancelled my preorder because the demo is that bad.

Freya
02-26-2012, 11:28 AM
How was it THAT bad? The demo was fine in my opinion. It wasn't Omg amazing but it wasn't bad enough to cancel over. And the multiplayer is hella tits fun. The combat AI is the best part of the demo imo. What was so bad about it in your opinion that you thought it was worth a cancel?

Psychotic
02-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Well of course a multiplayer game is going to be crap if you play it by yourself Huxley :colbert:

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah it was...pretty much as one would expect? I mean I can see people not loving it, but it does surprise me to see someone excited about it enough to pre-order it and then deciding against it based on the demo xD

Quindiana Jones
02-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Demos are made to preview the game. It's not uncommon to make a pre-order after an impressive demo, nor is it unreasonable to cancel a pre-order after a catastrophically underwhelming demo. I think the multiplayer is fun, but I'm not going to waste money on ME3 for it. It's a fairly generic experience really, and one that I'll quickly get bored of. The only reason I would consider buying a Mass Effect game is for the singleplayer campaign. The demo was utter crap in that regard. People saying that obviously they'd make that sort of demo to hook in CoD wankers etc. is a good point, and I think it sounds about right. But I'm on the same boat as MILF as I think that not only was it too actiony and not RPGy enough, it was also just kinda rubbish. The controls weren't particularly good and the cover system is a giant steaming turd sandwich that attacks you more often than the enemies do. It's still likely that I'll buy ME3, as I want to play the singleplayer. It's just that I'm not going to waste money buying it brand new when I was so underwhelmed by the demo. Another reason is the support of prick business tactics. I never buy games from companies that consistently show how much they hate their consumers, and the only reason I'd consider making ME the exception is because the last two games were stellar and great, respectively.

Vyk
02-27-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure how that's a prick business tactic. I'll be getting the game eventually, but maybe not upon release date, since I don't currently have my 360. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the game considering I thoroughly enjoyed the previous two. Multiplayer doesn't interest me, and I doubt I'll be forced to use it to any degree, so to me its a non-issue. And if that's all the demo is, then the demo means nothing to me either way. I wouldn't judge the end product based on it. The demo to Dragon Age 2 was utter garbage. But when I got into the actual game, I realized there were only basic similarities between the two. So I figure BioWare just sucks at doing demos, considering the reaction to this demo. Doesn't mean they suck at making games. And even though they do tend to make questionable choices, they rock at making compelling stories that draw you in and help you (at least partially) overlook any other short-comings

Freya
02-27-2012, 06:35 PM
The story line of this game is actiony. The earth is getting attacked. You want slow rpgness when the world is falling apart around you? What were you expecting? The bioware games are all about the story and this story is more action based. It was what the previous games were leading up to. That's why I've preordered it. I don't care how the game plays just how the story ends.

Freya
03-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Double post bump :shifty:

LAUNCH TRAILER!

bG2mdZ23eP8

Madame Adequate
03-02-2012, 08:57 PM
I was playing some ME1 yesterday and was forced to admit I may have had a bit of a rose-colored tint to my memory of it. It's still better than how 3 plays. But I reinstated by preorder.

:colbert:

Freya
03-03-2012, 04:40 AM
:lol: Nice, MILF. Nice.

03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I just hope the day one patch fixes spacebar (or w/e key it is assigned to) being the magical key that does EVERYTHING. I mean, yes I can play the game just fine otherwise, but sometimes it causes silly mistakes.

DK
03-04-2012, 12:46 AM
We had a good session on the demo today. And I finally got a Krogan, oh my god. He is the best ever.

Freya
03-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Whaat you guys went to ME after I left? I would have actually done decently on that rather than gears.

So far I've unlocked the drell and the quarian.

DK
03-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but we were on gears for another hour or so still. We'll probably do a bit more ME tomorrow tho if you're about, probably the same time we were on Gears tonight. We can have a grand old time in space.

Madame Adequate
03-04-2012, 04:48 AM
The Biotic Charge move gives me a bit of a chubby tbh, combined with my Claymore (First Veteran pack I bought and I got a Claymore in it, art thou all gelatinous :smug:) it's really rather hilariously devastating.

Freya
03-04-2012, 05:44 AM
It's great to play an infiltrator with the Claymore. You just stealth behind someone and BAM one shot to the back of the head. Personally, I love my widow. It shoots through the guardians shields so if you're just kinda aimed at the top, you'll always get a headshot.

I'll try to get on, you tomorrow landers. It was only like 2pm for me heh.

Madame Adequate
03-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Well fuck I just watched the ending out of curiosity and I might have to cancel again, I've not seen something so completely retarded since, well, actually I don't think I've ever seen something so retarded.

I miss Sovereign. :(

DK
03-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Why on earth would you watch the ending of a game before you've even played it :colbert: why is the ending even available to watch already :doublecolbert:

Freya
03-04-2012, 06:26 AM
WHY WOULD YOU WATCH THE ENDING?! You have like, well i have 2 days, but you have just a couple days left! Also suppose to be multiple endings I heard....

It's from the space thing they did. The couple people who got it are spoiling the smurf out of it. You keep that preorder you fickle frank :mad2:

03-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Yeah, certain parts of the BSN are utter bull to go through right now with the spoilers abroad and the community taking extremes with it. Some think it is a prank, others don't. Personally, I'm rather immune to spoilers: I can read/see them without ruining anything for me. I'm more about the journey than the ending. Some of the stuff that the fans are saying though are rather ridiculous. There is also the lack of understanding the difference between being able to control what Shepard does and being able to control what happens to Shepard. While the former does obviously influence the latter, ultimately the latter is out of the player's control. For a rather simple example, I can wear shorts and tee-shirt outside tomorrow but that won't prevent it from raining (or in my literal case stop if from snowing and being cold).

EDIT: The funniest part of the whole thing is the MAJORITY of the people complaining about the endings have yet to play the game. Only a handful of people have actually played it and they are basing their whole opinion on that and a section of the script that was leaked MONTHS ago? I dunno about them but I rather experience something then judge it. But maybe I'm just being weird.

Psychotic
03-04-2012, 09:17 AM
The ending:

The Genophage is cured and the Krogans are revived, and conquer the galaxy. The Salarians are pulverised, the Asari are eliminated, the Turians are sent to death camps. Humanity is enslaved. The last hour of the game sees you playing Shepard as an erotic dancer to a Krogan Warlord. The sticks control the swinging of his penis (or her titties if you want to be FemShep) and it is actually the worst game I've ever played. Don't buy it.

03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Psy, I love you. Marry me? :love:

Shiny
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
There are probably multiple endings like Mass Effect 2, but yes insanely ridiculous to watch the ending of a game before playing the whole thing through. You're like those people who read the ending of a book first and then complain that it's confusing and/or dumb. It's like perhaps because you skipped the entire plot. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
03-04-2012, 05:58 PM
No. No, really. It's really for reals completely retarded. This makes DA2 look well-written.

But I'm keeping the preorder because I still god damn love Biotic Charge + Claymore too much :love:

Pike
03-04-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm not the biggest ME fan in the world and my experience with it is limited but I'm going to look into downloading the demo anyway. What should I expect?

DK
03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Online shenaningans with us. What else do you need? :aimkiss:

Psychotic
03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The single player is bad.

Iceglow
03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
It's about as bad as Psychotics face.

Psychotic
03-04-2012, 09:53 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/SteveMinelli.png

At least my face doesn't look like Liza sodding Minelli's.

Iceglow
03-04-2012, 10:29 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/SteveMinelli.png

At least my face doesn't look like Liza sodding Minelli's.

She could be my mum, you never know.

Pike
03-05-2012, 05:36 AM
I played some single player and shot things while making ridiculous squeals of glee over Skype, much to Huxley's amusement.

Hit me up when ya'll wanna do some multiplayer :jess:

03-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Pike what are you playing it on? I'm on PC/Origin!

FYI, I do believe that on the 5th that the multiplayer servers for the demo will be closing for good. :/

Pike
03-05-2012, 02:55 PM
What? So today is our last day for multiplayer? :whimper:

I'm on Xbox 360. My gamertag is Provost Pike.

Freya
03-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Femshep cinematic trailer! (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/05/mass-effect-3-femshep-trailer/) It's on EW so I can't youtube link it. But yay femshep!

Iceglow
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Played the single player experience of the demo today for the first time, selected it as Roleplaying setting. I have to ask just what you're all bitching about when it comes to the fights? I played through it and apart from being a bit quicker and faster paced with the cover system and the melee being more advanced 90% of the combat plays exactly like ME2.

The two segments you play through is clearly: Part of the opening of the game and A side mission to secure Krogan and Turian support, probably something to do with Mordin curing the genophage to provide more Krogans when their race is dying out I could understand them being a little reluctant to enter in to an all out war against the Reapers knowing it could be their last war.

Both segments are picked to be action packed as possible, hence the massive amount of battle you face. It'd just not sell the game to the current market demographic if they showed 30 - 40 mins of mostly talking, exploring and maybe just 5 mins of combat.

Jessweeee♪
03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm so bummed that I never got to try multiplayer! And I probably never will. Also I had jury duty today and at the end of the day they were like, "weeeeelll, the trials we were going to assign this panel to aren't happening because the defendants did a plea bargain, and normally we'd let you go home but we're short on jurors so on Tuesday after 5PM--" and I was like NO THAT'S WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO PICK UP MASS EFFECT 3 :nonono: but I'm actually supposed to just call and then go in on Wednesday maybe so yay I AM SO EXCITED YOU GUYS

03-06-2012, 12:27 AM
So there was an early release in Asia of ME3, so if you had a Digital Edition and used a VPN or proxy you could unlock the game early...guess what I've been doing all day.

According to what I found out, Bioware will not be handing out bans for early activation. They actually allow discussion of it as long as you don't right out explain how-to step by step. :D

OMFG! I need to eat then continue saving the galaxy!

Freya
03-06-2012, 12:38 AM
You're such a cheating bitch bobby xP

03-06-2012, 12:42 AM
If you could, you'd do the same thing. Don't be all Lawful on me. :p

Freya
03-06-2012, 03:07 AM
I'd wait! I'm all paragon baby!

03-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Say what you want but the characters are <3 Their history shows and there are quite a few hilarious comments. :D

Freya
03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Jessweee they put a 2 day Xbox live trial in the boxes so you can try multiplayer at least!

I just did the prothean DLC. He's funny.
Liara: and the salarians
Jarvik: the lizard people evolved?
Liara: I believe they are amphibian.
Jarvik: they use to eat flies...
Liara: .......

Jessweeee♪
03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Argh! My copy is sitting in Best Buy right now! I could have it! But I have to wooork. Also Mogi called dibs so I don't even get to play it first :<

03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Jessweee they put a 2 day Xbox live trial in the boxes so you can try multiplayer at least!

I just did the prothean DLC. He's funny.
Liara: and the salarians
Jarvik: the lizard people evolved?
Liara: I believe they are amphibian.
Jarvik: they use to eat flies...
Liara: .......

Javik: They used to lick their eyes.

Jessweeee♪
03-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Went to the store to pick it up and showed them my email telling me to go to that store to pick it up and they were like "sorry dude we mailed it directly to your house 'cause it was so AWESOME but uh call this number maybe they can tell you when it'll get to your house" and so I did and they were like "it is supposed to be at the store I'll call the store just hold for a sec" and then I lost the signal so I called back and then they were like "we tried to call your store but they didn't pick up BECAUSE THEY'RE DUMB JERKS so go there and if they don't give it to you make them call us because you were supposed to get that shit TODAY and they're supposed to fucking ANSWER us when we CALL THEM" and I'm just like fuck that shit I'm going to go PARTY because video games are STUPID.

:mad2:

Freya
03-08-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm already 18 hrs in now. I got my Kaidan back FINALLY. Pretty much i've just been effing around doing side missions while earth is getting bombarded with reapers xD It's longer and harder(;)) than I thought. The enemy AI is awesome! I saved me some Krogans earlier. I'm feeling good :D

Jessweeee♪
03-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Crossing my fingers that I can pick up my copy today. Yesterday I got an email saying that it was for realsies going to the store this time.

;_;!!!!!!

Vyk
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Wow, Jess. They're really jerking your ass around. Fate does not like you right now. But I sorta feel your pain. I envy everyone enjoying it because I had a house fire and my two 360s are with the savage crew who's taking their sweet time testing my electronic equipment and getting back with the insurance. Who knows when I'll get it back, but ME3 will probably be the first thing I do when I get one of my systems back

Madame Adequate
03-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Remind me not to take two low-ammo weapons on a mission in future. That first mission after the prologue was balls hard with an empty shotty and an empty snipper riffle.

All the races are being "hurr we're under attack our divided forces are stronger than united". Except the Volus. "We stand completely behind the Turian Empire and Human Alliance and whatever you need, you've got." Those little dudes are serious bros. :hattip:

Freya
03-10-2012, 04:01 AM
I'm about 26 hrs in and a little over half way now. I have full galactic readiness though. A lot of people are complaining about the endings but there are 3 different ones apparently. And to get the best you need to have a total of like 4000 points or whatever in the war assetness. My advice is to not jump to the priority missions right away. They don't go away since they further the storyline but the side missions will. And most cameos are made in those side missions. Kasumi's amused me cause it has to do with an indoctrinated Hanar.

Also also Tali's face is revealed! But only on a picture on your desk if you romance her. and it was a photoshopped picture of some stock photo xD But if you lot want to see it I know where to find/link it. She's mega hot!

03-10-2012, 05:51 AM
I'm annoyed, not because I liked the character, rather that I had done my rounds of the Citadel but never ran into Kelly Summers so she's now apparently dead because of the Cerberus attack and not being told to "change her identity" -__-; MY INNER COMPLETIONIST IS WROTH!

I'm about halfway through as well.

Freya
03-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I am on earth right now trying to TAKE IT BACK. And you can speak to each party member individually before the final push thing and not the kaidan one but the garrus one made me teary eyed. My bro, through and through to the end.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/053/b/1/bro_time__by_lekana-d4qn2x7.png

Mirage
03-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Are some of you guys seriously playing this on something that isn't a PC?
oh yeah, i also just finished this yesterday and i was disappointed with the ending i got.

Freya
03-11-2012, 05:29 AM
I don't get all the raging out. I just finished it. It seemed to fit... at least I thought. I knew it wasn't going to end with sunshine and bunnies and rainbows.

So the ending, You have 3 choices, destroy which would be what you're whole goal has been the entire series, is red and you live. Synthesis, which is green? You merge with synthetics and shep dies. And Control, which is blue and shep dies. Then no matter what, the Normandy flees and ends up on some planet. You team, that always has backed you is fleeing. Lame right? Well in my browsing on the nets I came across a theory an omg that would be awesome theory.

The whole ending seems... odd. Harbinger touches down, blasts you and you nearly die and then go up and do the choices and stuff. Well when you wake up, you pick up a gun with unlimited ammo. You port to a citidal that is just completely foreign to you. Anderson is there ahead of you just slightly but you can't see him until the finale area. He's unscathed when you're really smurfed up. A renegade choice presents itself to kill TIM. Once you go up you have the god child thing. Now how is it that kid that you've been seeing? Then you have basically two pro reaper choices and one destroy reaper choice which is the opposite color of what it should be, it's red. Then you have the weird sequence. If you pick destroy, after the planet sequence, it ends with a brief gasp of breath and your N7 armor rising with that breath in rubble. There is even backward text in this whole ending thing.

Okay that's what happened. Weird. Very weird. Why so weird? And then the theory comes in. Which, if correct, I smurfing love bioware. Harbinger is alluded to be the oldest Reaper right? He can probably do whatever with indoctrination. And that's it. That's what the ending is. It's all indoctrination. Why is the renegade option to shoot TIM and save anderson? He's done horrible things. That's Paragon but you, the player get a renegade option. A star child appears and suggest two things that can save the reapers essentially and one kills them. So you get shot, you get up and go to the citidal. This is where the theory kicks in. That's where it starts, that's why you wake up in rubble at the end of the destroy one. And you seeing your party members that you may have taken with you to earth, safely arriving somewhere, that's what your shepard wants to believe happened. Bioware metagames the whole thing, changing colors and options and has you, the player, believe that these other two options, which kills you, are just as good of a choice. You the player, fight indoctrination. Not shepard, but you. That is glorious if it's correct. And it makes the o_O endings make soooooo much more sense.

They say that in dreams everything is reversed via text, and in the end, well it's reversed. If that theory is wrong, well I like it a lot so I hope not xD But if it is wrong it's kinda ugh on bioware but if it's right, oh dear gawd bioware, have my first born child.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Well, I feel quite the judgmental fool. I said earlier that I would wait until the game is down to £20 before buying it, but I see now that I was wrong. I'll wait till it's five.

Freya
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
The whole game is awesome! It's just that last like 10 mins that you're kinda like ehhhhhh what? GO BUY AND PLAY IT. It's super good.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
That's like saying this whole pastry is delicious, it's just that last mouthful that has snot on it! :D

Freya
03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
No lol because the whole game is freaking awesome xD It's almost a 10/10 for me if that ending wasn't very confusing. But if that theory is correct then I freaking love bioware and they can do whatever they want to my endings.

DMKA
03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Are some of you guys seriously playing this on something that isn't a PC?
Yeah, it's cheaper to just buy the game for my PS3 than it is to upgrade my lousy PC hardware and get a decent keyboard and mouse. That, and not having to put up with Origin/DRM bs is nice.

Like the previous two Mass Effect games, I'm going through it super slow and am more interested in getting to know the characters than saving the galaxy. :p

Also, people raging over how it ends? Haha, didn't see that coming!

Jessweeee♪
03-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Tuesday. I can expect it Tuesday. :(

Freya
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
A week late? Really? What jerks! Punch them in the throat.

Loony BoB
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
I once got a game pre-ordered and it didn't arrive that day. I called up and cancelled the pre-order for that reason (they refunded me because they didn't give me what I paid for, which was the game on release day) and then went to the shops and got it that way.

I'm playing it on the 360 because that's what I got Mass Effect (the first one) on - it was out far earlier on the 360 than on the PC - and thus all my saves are on the 360. If the first game was released on the PC or the PS3 on the day it was released on the 360, I'd probably have gone down one of those roads, but that wasn't to be.

Loving the game loads. I'm probably much further behind many of you when it comes to the storyline as I insist on doing everything I can before moving on to the next main storyline quest. :D That, and the UK got a delayed release, which is horrible.

Who did you guys romance? I've done the Miranda one but didn't keep it (went back to last save). If she was more prominent (ie, a squad member) I'd probably have stuck with her, but no dice, so oh well. Can't hook up with Traynor 'cause I'm a guy, although it was pretty hilarious watching the man saving the galaxy getting shot down like that. But yeah, there go my girls with delicious accents. :( Will undoubtedly now go for Ashley, who I must concede is far hotter in this game than she was in the previous two. :) Liara? Eh, I like my girlfriends to not be so... blue.

Still gutted over the lack of Krogan squadmate. Have been playing mostly with Garrus and EDI, although switched to Ashley and EDI recently. Might switch again to Garrus and Ashley... shame I can't have all three. :(

Psychotic
03-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey Daniel, use your two day code sometime and play multiplayer with us. You know you love playing with us :aimkiss:

Also as far as romance goes, in ME1 I hooked up with Ashley, in ME2 Tali, and in ME3 I hit on everything walking, (don't think it's much of a spoiler but hey, BoB did it so: I told all of these ladies (and more, including Traynor and Allers. Hell, I think I even hit on Cortez...) that I wanted to be with them. I eventually took things too far with Liara and ended up kissing her. Which isn't so bad, but I was just fooling around. One kiss should not lock me into a relationship forevermore! Oh well, she's been a good pal to me in this game so whatever, I'll roll with it I guess.

Loony BoB
03-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Oh man, ME3 has a 5.0 from disgruntled users of metacritic. Apparently it was far worse earlier, lower than the likes of Duke Nukem Forever and Final Fantasy XIV. Which, on 4.6 and 3.8 respectively, is pretty bad. xD FFXIII, by comparison, gets 8.1. And the general consensus is that FFXIII wasn't poorly received. I mean, I don't even... it's incredible how (and I've not seen it yet) endings can impact the view of a game. XIII, Deus Ex, XIII-2 and now ME3? That's four games I really love that have all been blasted for their endings lately. Man, I hope Journey's ending doesn't suck. :p

EDIT: I have kept my two day code for exactly that purpose. :) After I finish the game I'll organise with you guys to get some gametime in...

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2012, 03:10 PM
We should all activate them at the same time!

This will be a long time from now because I can't afford internet.

Freya
03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
It got so low because of the ending. A lot of people are frustrated at the ending. As I said, it's an otherwise perfect game. That ending last like 10 mins is just wait what? I like the theory I discussed earlier. It makes everything make sense. If it's right or not? Well who knows but it makes the game great with it. And a lot of people wanted a happy rainbow and bunny ending for some reason. :P

03-12-2012, 04:45 PM
So I finally finished the game. I was a little annoyed with the endings but not for the reason everyone else was. Personally, I had no problem with the endings themselves. What annoyed me was the way Bioware put it MP would only enhance the endings but from what I now understand you get slightly "better" endings with higher Effective Military Strength. Your Effective is determined by your total strength times your readiness percentage. In other words, it does affect it. I know it is only minor things like how much Earth was damaged, if all the party members survived and if you chose the Destruction ending, then Shepard lives right at the end. In all other cases he dies, which if that was the only ending for my Shep, I'd be okay with dying to save all my friends and my world.

As for the theory Freya posted, I'd disagree with it. First, you do not have to shoot TIM, you can convince him that he is indoctrinated through Paragon speech triggers. If you do so, he will shoot himself. Second, shooting someone or being violent, in general, tends to be viewed as a Renegade action in the game as it is the more direct, could careless about the consequences approach. Paragon speech is the more diplomatic approach. Third, yes they are trying to indoctrinate you, thus the weird black edges on the screen during the convo with TIM, but you are fighting it. Indoctrination doesn't happen overnight. All the in-game canon suggests that it happens over time, slowly. Fourth, the Catalyst clearly states that TIM would never be able to control the Reapers because he was already being control by him (the Catalyst), however Shepard could truly control the Reapers. While this could be further Reaper mind games, I doubt it. The Catalyst more or less states that it is a "Reaper" but it is evident that it is more than any single Reaper, even Harby. It is a relic of the civilization that did create the Reapers. In ways it functions like an AI, but obviously has some organic nature. The only viable part is the colour coding of endings where control is blue and destroy is red (synthesis being green). Normally, blue is Paragon and red is Renegade in ME, so I can see that. And last, the reason why Shep wakes up in a pile of rubble in the Destroy ending could be that, the Citadel just went kaboom. :/

DMKA
03-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh man, ME3 has a 5.0 from disgruntled users of metacritic.
A lot of that can probably be attributed to the 4chan crowd who blindly, ruthlessly hate BioWare and hated this game before it even got released. The same people who went out of their wait to collectively spam Dragon Age II with negative user reviews.

Hamburger Helper, etc.

EDIT: Speak of the Devil:

Metacritic Says It Has Removed Rule-Violating Mass Effect 3 User Reviews (http://kotaku.com/5891060/metacritic-says-it-removed-rule+violating-mass-effect-3-user-reviews)

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
They told me not to expect it until Tuesday, but today I got an email saying it's ready to be picked up! I can't pick it up now because I'm at work, but in a few hours we'll seeeee.

Freya
03-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Why in the world would you be able to control them and not someone else? That didn't make sense. I don't believe you could actually do so. That's why I believe it was a more "yeahhhh go ahead and THINK you can :smug:" You very well could have been slightly indoctrinated the whole time, hence the visions/dreams. And it was mentioned before about "sleeper" agents. That it has been working in you, and Shep has been around soooo much reaper stuff, it's surprising there hasn't been anything so far. And harby is suppose to be like the oldest, and before it wasn't ever direct interaction with you and him/her/it. When he touches down right in front of you, he probably is super powerful.

Otherwise the endings make NO sense. Your team would never flee like that. They were all ready to lay down their lives, hence all the end speeches. And how'd people you took with you end up on the normandy? Doesn't make sense. I highly doubt bioware would put THAT much effort into the entire series without having some way to explain that. Most people aren't understanding something hence the rage. The Indotrination/hallucination theory works because it explains what happened. Otherwise, there isn't an explanation. Even if isn't correct, there is still something that people are missing.

SWEET! You've finally got it!

Psychotic
03-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Is there a class that lets me have both Energy Drain and Sabotage like Tali? Good lord. With her at my side and my Black Widow in my hands, I am become Death, Destroyer of Reapers. And Combat Engineers. smurf Combat Engineers.

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Maybe I've got it. I got the same email a week ago when the game launched! Crossing my fingers :excited:

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 05:02 AM
Just completed it. That uh... that ending sure was a thing.

The gameplay leading up to that was an incredible war though, I'll tell you that. Jesus christ.

Madame Adequate
03-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Just completed it. That uh... that ending sure was a thing.

I told you :colbert:

Freya
03-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Yeah everything up to it is amazing. Just that ending... :/

Mirage
03-13-2012, 08:24 AM
What i hate the most about the ending is how it doesn't tell me anything about what the reapers actually are (except that they are under the control of that crucible-kid), where that crucible-kid comes from, who he is (I realize that the visual form he took was just based on something in shepard's mind, I don't actually think he is a little boy), if the reapers are dependent on the mass relays, if the civilizations can still communicate after the relays have been destroyed, if they manage to come up with their own relay technology, if anyone in the normal areas of the citadel survived, and DOZENS OF OTHER LEFT-OUT THINGS. The ending creates ten times more questions than it answers, and I haven't even started my rant on how old and overused the jesus christ allegory is. I think I'll save that for another time anyway.

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I hope this is like LA Noire where everyone keeps telling me the ending sucks ass but then it actually ends up being awesome. But anyway, I have it! It really was there this time! I played up to the point where I can explore the Normandy as I please. Joker's eyes look kind of funny. Also I'm kinda bummed that I can't have the old default FemShep. I do like the new one, but I wanted the old one :<

Also Mogi played from when I went to bed to when I woke up for work and then he spoiled me a little. :mad2:

DMKA
03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I really hope the ending isn't half as bad as everyone is saying it is, because I'm loving the game so far.

Mirage
03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
You sound like me before I reached the end.

Anyway, now that I'm level 60, I still don't have enough skill points to max out all my skills. Anyone know how I can modify the game to level up past 60?

Freya
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM
It's not super horrible. It's just confusing.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Aww look at poor Freya. :D

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
The ending isn't necessarily bad, it's just... eh. It's not really... I don't know how to describe it. "Oh. Right. Okay then." is the best I've got. It's not what I was hoping for from a game with such fantastic writing.

Jessweeee♪
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
I like being all badass level 30 when I start the game. Got that achievement for throwing enemies lifted into the air with biotics in the first hour xD

The soundtrack is pretty great. I'm glad I get a free copy!

Mirage
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H_A7SeawU4) sums up most of my thought about the ending.

Quindiana Jones
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
Yey. I'm glad people are calling them out.

Goldenboko
03-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Don't have much to say about the ending. Will say this, have had Dakoda over for the past few days and we've raped the mutliplayer. I need Xbox Live IDs of you people.

Freya
03-15-2012, 07:03 PM
No one wants to play with you, gobo!

Goldenboko
03-15-2012, 08:06 PM
No one wants to play with you, gobo!

J: I will play with gobo forever. Guy is a champion :aimsun:

Freya
03-15-2012, 08:45 PM
You just think you're cool for hanging out with Dak, guess what? I did it first. Sloppy seconds is all you have. :colbert:

What's your gamertag, you loser.

Goldenboko
03-15-2012, 09:54 PM
I think we can put our differences behind us... for gaming... you monster.

Seriously though everybody, Botanicscroll7, message me your EoFF name with your friend request and let's go save that galaxy.

Psychotic
03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
I think we can all agree that we would rather come down with a case of screaming syphillis than play with Goldenboko. He'd probably still be better at the game than Kaycee though. :monster:

Loony BoB
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
But none of you are as crap as me, right? :D I'll possibly get on for a weekend soonish. Not this weekend, though.

Finally got the ending, and urgh, all I have to say is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Did one company steal the idea for the other? I don't know, but it was utter trash. I mean, okay, not DE:HR bad, but still. I can see why some people are annoyed (although the extent at which some are annoyed is over the top). Of all kinds of endings, the "pick a future, push a button" kind was one I didn't want to see again so soon. Oh well, though. Overall, I really liked the game. But the ending was indeed a let-down for me. I'd still give the whole game an 8/10.

Madame Adequate
03-16-2012, 12:56 AM
DX:HR failed to build the ending choices up properly, and was very abrupt in the point at which it gave you the choices, but the choices still fundamentally made sense and tied in to themes established throughout the game. (Less so with the Illuminati ending, but that was more because the whole thing with them was kind of shoehorned into the game; it's an overarching narrative issue more than an issue with the ending itself.)

Second, Jensen got the chance to say "Fuck that shit" and do it his own way. As that video a few posts back says, Shep is not the kind of person to just accept the choices given to her if they're bad ones. She's a serious badass who has defied Sovereign, Harbinger, convinced people to overcome millennia-long grudges, and has even successfully navigated the bureaucratic mess that is the Citadel Council. Even if the options presented fundamentally made sense, Shep would be perfectly in-character saying "Nope, we're not gonna do that, we're going to do this instead. Don't like it? Then get the fuck out of our galaxy."

In short, as flawed as the last five minutes of DX:HR are, the last five minutes of ME3 are a heck of a lot worse. :p

Loony BoB
03-16-2012, 01:09 AM
The only reason I like this ending better is because, button-pressing aside, they at least show you what happens afterwards. I saw Joker & EDI hooking up, Ash with them, and some geezer telling a kid about what I did. That's more than I can say for Deus Ex which had me press a button and then... nothing. We don't really know what happens! It's just a bloke talking about the philosophy behind it. Honestly, it would have made a better opening scene than an ending scene. In fact, that's exactly what they should have done with Human Revolution. Open with the little voice-over ending style, and then have a proper bloody ending. =|

Both endings sucked, at least we can agree on that. :D

Slothy
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
The only reason I like this ending better is because, button-pressing aside, they at least show you what happens afterwards. I saw Joker & EDI hooking up, Ash with them, and some geezer telling a kid about what I did. That's more than I can say for Deus Ex which had me press a button and then... nothing. We don't really know what happens! It's just a bloke talking about the philosophy behind it. Honestly, it would have made a better opening scene than an ending scene. In fact, that's exactly what they should have done with Human Revolution. Open with the little voice-over ending style, and then have a proper bloody ending. =|

Have to disagree with you here since you forget that in the case of Deus Ex, we already know what happened to the world after Adam Jenson makes his choice. One of the greatest games ever made showed that world to us 12 years ago already. Whereas the general consensus on ME3 seems to be that not only do you not get to see nearly enough to give any real closure considering the Normandy is now stranded (which itself makes no sense as it implies they fled the battle before the relays are destroyed), some old guy god knows where talking to some kid, and that's about it. Not to mention the explanation for everything before the choice makes no real sense to begin with, and taking choice away from the player kind of spits on what the series was trying to be about from game one.

Mind you I haven't played the game so perhaps I'm getting details wrong there, but I've yet to hear a description of the ending that doesn't sound like a far bigger slap in the face than the ending of Deus Ex:HR was given what I played in Mass Effect, and what I know of the story in the second and even the third games. Sure, the ending choice for HR comes out of nowhere, but they don't completely undermine everything that happened in the series up until that point by having it there. And at least people weren't so upset by HR that they felt the need to come up with some bullshit indoctrination dream type explanation to make it more palatable. Because apparently the ending being nothing more than a literal dream sequence and never having happened is preferable to it being the actual ending. :p

Goldenboko
03-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Just unlocked the Krogan Sentinel last night, named the little guy RAWR, because of his mighty warcry :jess:. Let me tell you, nothing is more satisfying than headbutting an Atlas, to death.

RAWR!

Loony BoB
03-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Vivi22: I haven't played Deus Ex (that is, the original game), but to me, no, they didn't give any closure in HR. And I'm not talking about throughout history, allowing the next 25 years to line up with the other game, but with the individual characters. When I play a game, I want to see what happens to my characters. A good example of a good ending is FFVIII, where you see them all having a laugh afterwards. They show what happens to each person without having any text or speech required - perfect. Instead, in HR, we have some philosophical blab and no closure whatsoever regarding the central characters. It was terrible. I don't care if it has to line up with the other game, at the very least after the philosophy lesson show us either Adam Jensen doing his thing, even if it's dying or walking away. I didn't play that game to press a button and be educated in something that I don't care about. I played the game to watch Adam Jensen's story unfold, along with the other characters and whatnot. I wanted to see how everything would play out.

In ME3, your decisions throughout the game barely affect the ending - but those decisions do still impact the final game and to some degree the ending - not much, and even less so the final part, but overall they did still impact the game. In HR, your decisions don't affect the ending at all. I don't want to have to go play a twelve year old PS2 game in order to find out what happens. I don't even know if Adam Jensen has much of a mention in the original game at all. I certainly don't expect to find out the finer details of how each central character progressed for the coming months post-button pressing.

In ME3, you at the very least know if your character is definitely dead or not. That's a good start. You at least know if some of the other characters are alive. You at least know what happens next. You get to see it. You see squadmates. You see things relevant to your story. It's not much, no, and it's nothing near what it should have been. But compared to HR, it's a plethora of relevant information. In HR, we may as well have been given a lesson on the Aztec civilization - the ending literally told us NOTHING of what happens next. Nothing. And that's a bad ending, regardless of the "Oh, but there's another game and you can see what the world is like in 25 years time!" - I don't want to know 25 years, I want to know five minutes, I want to know what happens in one day.

EDIT: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/03/16 :)

DMKA
03-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm actually excited to get to the ending now just to see how terrible it is. I honestly can't fathom how bad a video game ending has to be to garner this much outrage.

I've seen some terrible endings to popular video games that no one complained about. So Mass Effect 3's ending really must just be genuinely out of this world terrible.

BioWare are god tier trolls.

Goldenboko
03-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Sounds like Bioware is officially changing the ending (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/324/index/10089946)

Freya
03-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah, they are in full PR mode right now. They have asked the fans to explain in cohesive well thought out posts what they didn't like about it and they would add their points to a list of stuff they're working on. Basically getting all these uber pissed off people to write their thoughts down ,which is known to be calming, and telling them "don't worry, YOU are actually important and we want YOUR opinion specifically :jess:" So people are posting mountains of text and feeling placid about it all. Fucking bioware, and it's working xD

Loony BoB
03-17-2012, 06:29 PM
They said they're working on new content rather than a new ending, and they said that this isn't the last we've seen of Shephard. To me, that means DLC post-ending or DLC just-before-the-ending. I've no idea how it will work, really, but I still don't see them actually changing the ending itself.

EDIT: With that said, I'm not against them doing it. :D Just not sure if they actually will. If they do, it would be right up there with the complete reinvention of FFXIV when it comes to fanrage changing the landscape of a game.

Freya
03-18-2012, 06:58 AM
A gang of krogan headbutting a turian instead of killing things has to have been the funniest shit I have ever witnessed. I'm still giggling at it.

Jiro
03-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Multiplayer with Goldenboko and myself was awesome. I was a beast, he was a beast, together we were a beast, raping and pillaging as we went.

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Almost beat the game last night, but I died twice during that swarm with a crapton of Banshees. THERE WERE LIKE SIX BANSHEES. And I had work the next day so I was like, "no I can't stay up long enough to beat this" :(

Banshees are so cool and scary o:

Hopefully I can finish it when I get home today.

Freya
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
467pmIX-oZo

Loony BoB
03-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Ahahaha, brilliant. I didn't even think about that... I honestly forgot about the lack of a major boss battle because of the insane firefights along the way.

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Just beat it and all I have to say is that this ending hooplah will go down in history as the biggest overreaction to anything video game related in the history of video games. Ever.

Mirage
03-20-2012, 01:04 AM
It isn't an overreaction.

Freya
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
No it is xD The ending isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. The only really o.O is the last normandy part otherwise its FINE. MURARDER SHIELDS 4LYF!

Madame Adequate
03-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Mass Effect 3 Ending Discussion | The Android's Closet (http://www.theandroidscloset.com/2012/03/mass-effect-3-ending-discussion/)

No the ending is pretty much massively terrible and downright insulting to the fans of the series.

Marauder Shields isn't fucking around on Hardcore let me tell you, I had to fight him more than I had to fight the Reaper on Rannoch and I am legit not joking about that.

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2012, 06:35 AM
I think it is funny how everyone hates the ending to Mass Effect 3. I find the reasons that everyone is complaining about the ending are the same things I complained about with Mass Effect 1 and 2 (thus I never picked up 3...I figured they wouldn't change). Mass Effect 1 was alright enough to start the series but with the second, to me at least, it was clear that they had a story to tell and they were going to tell it and give the player manageable choices that would not have a major impact.

Spoilers for ME1,2 and 3 endings

At the end of ME 1 you can choose to let the reaper attack which has pluses and minuses but the end goal is that the reaper gets destroyed. You have no choice in that matter. I dislike ME2 so much that I can't even remember the ending but I am pretty sure the ending there is based around who lives based on who you assign to what task during the ending. You defeat the reaper thing though. You have no choice in this matter.

Your decisions don't really affect what you are going to do or how it goes down. Only minor things surrounding it. Why did anyone thing ME3 would be different? In this one the relays will be destroyed thus crippling the galaxy, you have no choice in this matter. This is the story they wanted to tell, some of the details they left up to the player. No matter what you choose the reapers are not a threat, it is just how they are not a threat.

That is my opinion on the series anyway.

Freya
03-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Yeah but your opinion isn't valid Ed :P

Milf, i started reading your post. Then it got long and wall-o-texty.

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2012, 06:48 AM
My thing is that I can't believe people didn't see this coming. I really thought people didn't care that your choices have no impact. While that was a big problem for me, it was the fact that ME2 wasn't an RPG and became an adventure Gears of War sort of game that sealed the deal for me to give on the series. But after two games of choice no impacting anything big, it became clear that it wasn't going to change now (that should have been the shock) =P

Madame Adequate
03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Holy crap I think they just took this (http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/970146/1#970421) as a god damn challenge.

And ed, it's because they billed everything else you decide in the series as building up TO the ending. That is exactly WHY people are so pissed - we understood that you couldn't completely change the content of ME2 and 3 based on the choice at the end of 1. We understood that you couldn't completely change the content of 3 based on 2, as much as I would love to have been able to keep working with TIM and be part of Cerberus. The exchange promised was that the final outcome, if not the content of ME3 itself, WOULD be hugely influenced by decisions like that.

Psychotic
03-23-2012, 12:30 AM
I have decided what the best team of four is, and one to possibly consider for a gold run:

Asari Adept, Drell Adept, Salarian/Human infiltrator, Salarian Engineer.

The two Adepts combine to spam the smurf out of Reave/Pull/Warp/Throw and biotic explode the entire universe. If playing Cerberus, the Asari Adept gets the nod over the Human Sentinel as she can Stasis the Phantoms.

The infiltrator, if played correctly Steve, does not stand next to the biotics and try to snipe :colbert: They put all their skill points into maxing out cloak so it lasts a long time and you can do more damage while cloaked. They cap objectives, revive team mates, and occasionally cloak up to a big enemy like a brute or banshee and shotgun it. They do not waste their time sniping nub enemies. Steve. :colbert: :aimkiss:

Salarian Engineer for the utter broken beautifulness of Decoy to shield his team mates, as well as Energy Draining anything with a barrier or a shield.

comments/criticism welcome sirs.

Honourable mentions go to Krogan and Turian Sentinels as tanks, who may do well in the team in place of the Infiltrator. Their bullet sponging is a useful addition, and replacement for cloaking. I would use them as a sniper I guess, rather than the traditional "RUN AND HEADBUTT STUFF" Krogan method. Don't get me wrong, they would see their fair share of melee action too, they just wouldn't run off and leave the team to seek it.

Unbreakable Will
03-23-2012, 04:48 PM
I thought the endings were 'meh' but what the hell was everyone expecting from a series that kills off characters like George R.R. Martin with the twisted base of 'haha you caused this'.
I mean come on, it had to end that way. :colbert:

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2012, 08:11 PM
So what is the deal with Diana Allers? She is a nice lady that doesn't ask me questions that make me want to punch her, but a lot of people dislike her :confused:

Freya
03-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Her voice acting is lame and her voice actor is lamer. And she looks like snookie.

Loony BoB
03-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I never had a problem with her, but then I don't get all angsty over website presenters like some oddballs do.

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
But you have like three conversations with her xD

Loony BoB
03-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Basically, Jessweeee?, a bunch of people don't like her because she is modelled on and voiced by an IGN video presenter. Who apparently a lot of people don't like, probably because she's a good looking girl on a gaming site, or maybe they don't like her voice, or something, I don't know. People are just weird like that. I only found out about it after someone said something at... some point. I forget who and where. xD

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Ooooooooh. That's dumb. I thought she was a nice reporter lady and I didn't even punch her once!

Psychotic
03-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Loony BoB, white knight of all fair internet and gaming maidens. "Good looking" my arse. I wouldn't give her one. Her stupid face is always on my Xbox dashboard and I am fed up of seeing it there every week. :colbert:

Having said that, Diana Allers wasn't as offensive as I would thought she would be so whatever.

Loony BoB
03-24-2012, 09:49 PM
No girl is every guy's cup of tea, and she's not my type as you probably know, but I still think she's good looking. For an IGN reporter to be featured on numerous "hot" lists says that enough of the few people who know who she is think she's up there in the celebrity domain.

Freya
03-25-2012, 06:11 AM
She's not hot. And I don't know why they let her be a voice on there. In an interview like a year ago she had said she didn't even know you could romance anyone in the ME games. How do you NOT know that? She seems to talk out of her ass a lot about games so I don't know why they put her in the game. They killed off Emily Wong just to put this stupid woman in the game as a nod to IGN so IGN would give them better reviews. I would have taken Emily Wong over her any day.

And it's not cause she's a woman, I hate when people say "oh it's cause she's a woman so you as a woman hate her" no I don't like her cause she's stupid. I'd hate her if it was a guy too.

Loony BoB
03-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I dunno about her intelligence / knowledge levels, I haven't really seen her stuff on IGN... but it definitely does sound like she's in there to garner favour with IGN.

I was just putting out reasons I read in some thread. I think it might have been on the Bioware forums. People were so angry about it, it was kind of hilarious. It's just some girl, really... I'm sure a lot of voice actors over the years have actually just been idiots, but hey, they read a line and it goes into a game. *shrug*

Mirage
03-25-2012, 04:13 PM
I hate allers because she won't have hot lesbian sex with me after i did traynor in the shower

Madame Adequate
03-25-2012, 05:53 PM
People dislike her because she doesn't know the first thing about videogames and got the job largely because she posted some pictures of herself licking a PSP seductively. Furthermore, you can't spell ignorant without IGN.

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Did no one else find the second reporter in Commander Bailey's office?
I punched the shit out of that one. Commander Unbreakable Shepard is NOT a coward. :colbert:

Mirage
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM
When can you meet that reporter?
oh wait, i think i did meet her or him, i rightclicked the tit out of them

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Right after or before the citadel fiasco. Idr which.

Psychotic
03-25-2012, 07:30 PM
This whole game is a well-oiled money making machine, down to the token nod to IGN to boost review scores and thus sales, down to Day 1 DLC (800 fucking points) for content already on the disc. From a business perspective I can only salute them for what they've done, it's a fantastic piece of work. However as a consumer, little bits and pieces like that leave a bad taste in the mouth. Still, the backlash over the ending is delicious schadenfreude so whatever :jess:

Iceglow
03-25-2012, 07:51 PM
The Day 1 DLC (The Prothean) Was not on the disc, that much I can say on grounds of; The Download was over 600mb.

DMKA
03-26-2012, 04:56 AM
I don't understand...how many endings are there? Three or more?

The one I just got wasn't so much bad as it was inconclusive...I'm actually wondering if my console didn't just mess up...

I chose to destroy all synthetic life, which killed me and destroyed the mass relays, then you see the Normandy going through one and start to get all tore up, then you see it sitting in a jungle, and the door beings to open and before you can see who's gonna come out BAM credits.

EDIT: I decided to be lazy and just watch the other endings on YouTube. Apparently I just made poor decisions that lead to that ending. :p

It is kind of a shame though, that of all the endings, none of them are really...ideal. But honestly, I do think people are blowing the "awfulness" of the ending way out of proportion. It's really not that bad. It's just a bummer.

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
The Prothean is the Day One DLC everyone is bitching about? Man I had to go walk to the store and buy some vidya game snacks to pass the time while that downloaded. When it's on the disc already it's done as soon as you buy it.

:stare:

Psychotic
03-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Wroooooooooooooooooooooong!

Requiem for EA/BioWare - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRRpGlmtws8&feature=player_embedded)

Freya
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah but what I've read is that if you do that there are missing things that glitch out in the campaign and whatnot. Stuff from that 600mb dl that if you don't have will mess your game up :/

Psychotic
03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Be that as it may, they still clearly designed the game with Javik in it and cut the content to charge money for it. Stop the Stockholm Syndrome already and just admit they are money making geniuses :colbert:

Madame Adequate
03-29-2012, 03:36 AM
All y'all watch this.

Mass Effect 3 Ending: Tasteful, Understated Nerdrage (SPOILERS) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs)

Iceglow
03-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I saw the ending for the first time the other day and according to Paul made an unusual choice in the ending. I was pretty disappointed though and I agree with some of the comment videos on youtube, the one Huxley posted in particular. I would have given absolutely anything for an option where Shep simply rejects it all, calls through to Hackett with an apology, the crucible isn't going to be an option and that they'll have to win it the hard way before calling in Joker and the Normandy for an extraction so he can go, bleeding out, dying even to ram a rocket or even the Normandy herself down Harbinger's metal face.

Freya
03-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Bioware and the great cupcake adventure! (http://assumingcontrol.wordpress.com/2012/03/29/bioware-and-the-great-cupcake-adventure/) As i'm calling it anyway.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9811/cupcakesir.jpg

So the BSN fans sent bioware 402 cupcakes today. All flavored vanilla but just different colored frostings to represent the ending choices.

http://assumingcontrol.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/biowarecupcakes.jpg

And biowares response? They didn't eat them! They gave em to a local youth shelter. But I think the fans got their message across heh

The funniest comment over on BSN to me was

Hey Bioware, you know what I find funny?

You’re being offered three colours to choose from, and using your own critical thinking you’ve made your own decision and said “We choose option #4″.

Giving Shepard that same choice would go a long way to showing you understand where this went wrong.

Goldenboko
03-31-2012, 12:01 AM
She's not hot. And I don't know why they let her be a voice on there. In an interview like a year ago she had said she didn't even know you could romance anyone in the ME games. How do you NOT know that? She seems to talk out of her ass a lot about games so I don't know why they put her in the game. They killed off Emily Wong just to put this stupid woman in the game as a nod to IGN so IGN would give them better reviews. I would have taken Emily Wong over her any day.

And it's not cause she's a woman, I hate when people say "oh it's cause she's a woman so you as a woman hate her" no I don't like her cause she's stupid. I'd hate her if it was a guy too.

But she did a good job in the voice acting, so none of your points are valid :jess:

Freya
03-31-2012, 06:16 AM
She did a bad job at the voice acting! Did you play the same game I did, all her lines were flat!

Loony BoB
03-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Aren't most reporters that way? Unless they emphasise every other word, which is just as bad.

You can't do a bad job at voice acting if you're voice acting someone who is basically you.

Freya
03-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Apparently Chobot could! :D

Loony BoB
03-31-2012, 02:40 PM
That's just because you don't like her voice. ;)

Her voice acting was no worse than 90% of the other people in the game.

Iceglow
03-31-2012, 03:25 PM
I was disappointed by the british major who was a character in the initial teaser trailer of Big Ben. He looked nothing like in the trailer and to boot he had such a minor role most of it was just *shooty shooty* "Hmm we can't do that, too much there, I was there holed up for 3 days in Big Ben" then a couple of lines on the radio telling units to hold the line.

Psychotic
03-31-2012, 03:36 PM
Her voice acting was no worse than 90% of the other people in the game.oh come on now.

Jessweeee♪
04-01-2012, 02:12 AM
She didn' t seem that bad to me! But I guess if you're dudeshep and you romance her you get weird lines?

DK
04-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Romance her? Are you insane? I would rather romance the Hanar who shits himself when he meets Javik. :colbert:

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:55 AM
The ending of Mass Effect was like an orgasm where I shoot three different substances out of three parts of my body yet they all go into the same orphans' mouth. :mad2:

Shiny
04-01-2012, 07:35 AM
I had no idea Diana is voiced by someone who works at IGN. I just thought people disliked the character because she looks like Snookie. I think Jessica is better looking than her character.

While I don't agree with the notion that attractive girls are just playing video games for attention this article relates: Women in Gaming: Using Exploitation for Personal Gain (http://www.gamezenith.com/?p=877)

Freya
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
qOqHUa2LfNY

Psychotic
04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
I knew it was Harry Patridge the second it began, and my god, I love that man. I want him to take all of my money forever.

Quindiana Jones
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I knew it was Harry Patridge the second it began, and my god, I love that man. I want him to take all of my money forever.

In-goddamn-deed.

Also, Chobot's character looks like a sweaty waxwork model.

Iceglow
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Belongs more here than elsewhere, new characters and weapons came out for multiplayer, Geth seem pretty cool though the engineer is far more useful than a infiltrator it seemed when we played them. Major negatives for the Geth is that whilst they have higher than average shielding, they may as well be made from wet tissue paper when it comes to Health Points. I think my Geth Infiltrator at level 20 started on 250hp and 750 shields before I spent a single point on him. Also of note Geth Infiltrators do not have much in the way of fancy attack powers, they get a proximity mine (pointless tbqh) hunter mode (pretty slick, basically like a massively upgraded sight on a sniper rifle, walls are not even an object to this which is also incredibly broken because this once active never turns off, and can in fact increase recharge speed of other abilities such as cloaking by up to 20 - 30%) Given that the Geth get a bonus with Geth weaponry this can be particularly nasty. Unfortunately either myself and Dan (the two of us with the Geth Infiltrator last night when we played) suck at using Geth shotguns or the lack of the ability to stay cloaked for more than one good shot on target is a major killer especially on Gold Objectives. Still when rockets are needed to assassinate targets this character's ability to read what is coming ahead of getting in position could prove a winner, might also succeed more with the Geth Sniper Rifle rather than a Geth Shotgun.

Shiny
05-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Damn Rachni Queen. I saved the reaper Rachni Queen thinking that oh that would net in a good asset. Then immedatedly realized that was dumb. And now someone told me I should've saved the original queen in ME 1. ARE YOU FO REAL? It seems everything I'm doing is the wrong thing. Poor Mordin ;___; actually no not really I prefer Wrex over Mordin smurf that noise.
All I know is, after hours of playing through this series and fleshing out dough for all the DLCs (some of which should've came with the games) if I don't get a perfect or good ending I will personally come to Bioware's HQ and overkill all of them.

With that said, anyone one team up with me for the Co-op? ^_^ I bought a pre-owned game so I'll have to get a online activation code as well, but I'll be playing through the multiplayer soon.

Freya
05-15-2012, 10:32 AM
It doesn't really matter about the rachni queen I believe. If she's from the first or the 3rd. If you get mordin to sing in two he'll sing at the end of his whole "mission" :(

To get the closest "perfect" game you can, you'll have to do the multiplayer. If your galactic readiness is high enough it makes your effectiveness in single player higher. They are currently recording voices for the "closure" DLC so that might be out soon. And it'll be free!

Mirage
05-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Damn Rachni Queen. I saved the reaper Rachni Queen thinking that oh that would net in a good asset. Then immedatedly realized that was dumb. And now someone told me I should've saved the original queen in ME 1. ARE YOU FO REAL? It seems everything I'm doing is the wrong thing. Poor Mordin ;___; actually no not really I prefer Wrex over Mordin smurf that noise.

Nothing wrong with saving the queen, bro. Sure, you need to do another mission involving them, but you get some more military resources from them as well.

Loony BoB
05-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Every damned time I read the thread title.

"Masseffectthree. In. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE."

Shiny
05-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Things I've learned from Mass Effect 3 so far:

Javik is amazing at battles and Protheans are Jamaicans.
Liara is a racist against Jamaicans, clearly. :shiny:
The inside of Legion looks like Tetris.
Jacob some how forgot that I paramoured him. Two timey hussy.
James is on steroids.
Gay marriage is legalized finally.
Banshees suck especially when you're playing as a Vanguard.

DK
05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Protheans are Jamaicans

wat. Javik is clearly an African xD sounds nothing like a Jamaican.

Banshees suck especially when you're playing as a Vanguard

IDK exactly what powers Vanguards get in Single Player, but if it's the same as Multiplayer then Biotic Charge + Nova + Nova, rinse, repeat = Dead Banshee. Dead pretty much anything actually. You need to have Biotic Charge setup to fully recharge your shields, and Nova set so it uses half a shield per use, and then yeah. Try it out next time you're in a room full of enemies and see what happens. :)

Freya
05-18-2012, 06:10 PM
You know I said the same thing to Paul about Javik and he corrected me the same way. I hear him as Jamaican. Paul said no he's African. Americans hear Jamaica. Silly UK boys hear African.

KentaRawr!
05-19-2012, 01:20 AM
I hear Africa and I'm amurrican.

Renmiri
05-27-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm playing ME3 now after playing ME2 last week.

ME3 sucks :( They killed my green boyfriend and somehow i managed to get the quarians extinct. Oh and gay female Sheppards are mandatory. Unless you can stand that Kaidan dunce. Why can't I snog that beefy Mr. Vega ? UGH

It tells me the script was writen by male fanboys, drooling to see girl on girl action. Wankers!

Shiny
05-27-2012, 04:42 AM
Protheans are Jamaicans

wat. Javik is clearly an African xD sounds nothing like a Jamaican.

Banshees suck especially when you're playing as a Vanguard

IDK exactly what powers Vanguards get in Single Player, but if it's the same as Multiplayer then Biotic Charge + Nova + Nova, rinse, repeat = Dead Banshee. Dead pretty much anything actually. You need to have Biotic Charge setup to fully recharge your shields, and Nova set so it uses half a shield per use, and then yeah. Try it out next time you're in a room full of enemies and see what happens. :)
Ah, this is why. I don't have Biotic Charge set up to recharge. I can use Nova twice in a row, but normally end up getting impaled by a Banshee if I get too close. Killing them usually happens when I run and then blast them from afar and use my missile launchers.

Multiplayer is 50/50. 50% chance of ending up with a ponce team. During a game with people higher in level than me, they all died leaving me to fight off a Brute and Ravagers alone. I survived that Wave by meleeing a Brute as it was charging me. Then the next Wave I had to do the same damn thing cuz they all died again. I survived that too. Then at the ninth Wave everyone died despite the fact that they could have revived one another on multiple occasions. -_-

Finally after getting put with ponce public teams, I got put in a really great team with a Krogan, Turian Sentinel, and Infiltrator. We did quite well. Of course it helps that the Krogan had a grenade launcher and I had a Scorpion Pistol and missile launchers. Krogans work very well against Reaper forces. Meleeing the crap out of a Brute has only worked with a Krogan. When I try that with any other character I end up dead.

DK
05-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Batarians can do it as well. Batarians can pretty much melee kill anything. I can't remember if it's the soldier or sentinel though, Sentinel i think. But yeah for me I think the Batarian is a better melee class than the Krogan, not by much but enough. Pauw disagrees with me tho. But I like the Batarian's blade armour better than Krogan rage, Batarians with melee specs + melee shotgun attachment + blade armour set up so that it deals something stupid like 175% of any melee damage done to the batarian back to whatever hit it = a lot of dead heavy hitters. Did that to a few Geth Prime on Gold before for a laugh.

Shiny
06-01-2012, 05:18 AM
I have yet to unlock a Batarian in a Spectre pack. Very disappointing, but I did unlock the Krogan Vanguard (Battlemaster) who is slow as hell. Out of all the vanguards I prefer the Drell because it's the fastest. Krogan Sentinel for lief though. I love him. I think I named him Bunt or something retarded like that. Changing his name to Sunshine.

Also, today I encountered my first 12 year old boy. Hooray! He started mouthing off that my Krogan was gay because he was wearing green armor. Don't hate on my Irish pride Krogan. I laughed when he got hit with a rocket launcher right as he was mouthing off about "gettin' bitches" and then no one revived him. He had to sit through the whole wave watching us play. I then became the leader and booted him out and continued playing with the players from the same mission.

Shiny
06-15-2012, 02:49 AM
So I finished the game with like 6,000 EMS. This picture pretty much sums up my thoughts:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/269/252/a03.jpg

Freya
06-15-2012, 04:35 AM
I love Marauder Shields :( I like the theory that he's actually Nihlus from the first game.

I tried the new maps. I really like the jungle one.

Freya
06-23-2012, 04:37 AM
JUNE 26th! JUNE smurfING 26th

The Extended Cut will be available to download at no additional charge for Mass Effect 3 game owners starting on June 26 for PC and Xbox 360 customers worldwide. Playstation 3 customers in North America will be able to download the Extended Cut DLC on June 26 and the rest of the world on July 4.

Shiny
06-23-2012, 05:25 AM
It's going to be 1.9gb. That's absurd for just an extended ending. I don't even have that space available which means I have to clear out some stuff.

Freya
06-23-2012, 05:44 AM
For reference Shadow broker which was full of stuff was only 1.5 and the limit on Xbox is 2gb

Shiny
06-23-2012, 06:12 AM
That was a whole Shadow Broker thing was a playable quest though this is just an extended cut. How many hours is it going to be?! Jesus...it should only really be like ten extra minutes at most. Or will this be playable as well?

Freya
06-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Exactly! So what exactly have they expanded on that has more content than shadow broker. Shadow broke had a LOT of stuff so what exactly do they have in it?

Jiro
06-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Gonna wait for this before I pick up Mass Effect 3 then.

Freya
06-23-2012, 09:45 AM
You'll be waiting till tuesday then lol

dandy da oak
06-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Gotta wait til the 4th? Awww maaaaaaaaaannnnnn

Mirage
06-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Pretty sure the 4th isn't the 26th.

dandy da oak
06-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Pretty sure PS3 users other than in America get it on the 4th

Freya
06-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah cause Bioware hates PS3 users. :D

Iceglow
06-24-2012, 03:07 AM
Not just ps3, it's 4th July afaik on all formats outside of the USA. Not sure why the 2 tier release date.

Mirage
06-24-2012, 05:24 AM
Huh, people play mass effects on non-PCs?

Loony BoB
06-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Not just ps3, it's 4th July afaik on all formats outside of the USA. Not sure why the 2 tier release date.
Just PS3 users outside of America will get it on the 4th July. Xbox 360 and PC users will get it on the 26th June.

It's free, so I'll probably get it and play through it, I suppose. I'll wait to hear how much is different first, though. I don't want to waste my time doing something when it's just a collection of nine awesome videos I can just as easily watch on YouTube.

Psychotic
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I'll wait to hear how much is different first, though. I don't want to waste my time doing something when it's just a collection of nine awesome videos I can just as easily watch on YouTube.Exactly this.

Jessweeee♪
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm probably going to play through the game a million more times anyway so I'm just gonna get it xD

Psychotic
06-26-2012, 07:32 PM
YouTubed 'em.

I guess they couldn't ret-con the worst part of the ending, that Star Kid. So whatever. We'll take that as a given.

I quite liked those. I am very glad the green ending, the one I picked, is still the best. :) But Blue turned out to be epically awesome in its own way. The red ending is an interesting one. Yep, you did what you set out to do, stomp the Reapers to dust, but at a real heavy cost. I wish they'd touched more on ALL SYNTHETICS DIE though.

Internet is still having a bitch because it didn't follow their precious indoctrination theory. Ohhhhhhh shut up. Some people are never happy. Indoctrination theory is not that good, it is nothing earth-shattering. It's clever but it then means the choices the player makes are meaningless.

So yeah an improvement I think. Not bad going, now why the hell didn't you make the actual game like this?!

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't subscribe to the IT. I felt it was mixed because they're both pretty bad. I mean if you're a pure paragon, then you saved the geth and allowed them to become people. Forget EDI, you're committing a genocide on an innocent race.

Freya
06-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Okay I picked Synthesis and I am pleased with the decision. The starchild made a MUCH better case for it than before. Before it was "die, die and do what the illusive man wanted you to do, or die and take them out with you." This time it was like "all the collective knowledge of the previous civilizations will be yours, people will be one, life will continue, but you have to sacrifice yourself." And while I'd have loved to end up with my LI, Mr Alenko, I wouldn't want to leave him with that world left over. I'd rather leave the universe to be a better place! And BABY KROGAN. There were baby krogan :3 And EDI was all "hug it's okay Kaidan :(" And I was like "dawww".

Yeah I would have wanted my femshep to be with Kaidan, but that extra "I love you" when they picked him up before the beam made it okay. I didn't want to kill EDI and the Geth off in the first round through, but before the star child didn't make a good case as to why I shouldn't have picked Destroy. I played 3 freaking games, multiple times, they were going down. I had no reason to believe the stupid kid. But now with the EC, I did believe him! It just made him phrase things differently. It's a bittersweet ending, my shepard died, but many the universe was better. PLUS BABY KROGAN. And I'm glad I didn't destroy the greybox for Kasumi, there was a small scene with her and her holographic man. AND BABY KROGAN OMG BABY KROGAN SO CUTE.

You can refuse the starchild too, and he's just all "well fuck you" and everyone dies xD and you see the Liara vid thing to future generations.

Loony BoB
06-27-2012, 09:37 AM
I watched them on YouTube yesterday, too. Nothing dramatic, really, but still better. Was anything remotely different outside of the options at the end and the videos? It's a shame they would make people play through the last level all over again just to get to that. Hooray for someone else doing it for me!

Shiny
06-27-2012, 02:29 PM
I did the red ending again, but was gonna choose synthesis then I was like wait this thing was created by reaper smurf outta here. Keeling you all. Gutted that they didn't confirm that all sythetics are in fact dead. Not that I actually care though cuz as Admiral Hackett said, they can easily be rebuild again. The only thing I know will take some time is the Mass Relay.

I laughed so hard when they started showing the pictures of Jacob, Zaeed with a drink etc., it was a bit weird, but none the less I think they did a good job filling in most of the plot holes especially the one with Joker leaving Shepard although I got in the non-extended ending that it was most likely because everything is gonna splode. Also almost wtfed when Liara put was gonna put my name on the RIP board, but then was like, "nah she's still alive k." And then I was hence the breath at the end.

Regardless lol endings I'm curious about Mass Effect 4. I think the game will differ greatly depending on if your Shepard is still alive or not, but it would especially be interesting to see what happens in the next game when a player has chosen the Synthesis ending.

Freya
06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
They have said that these three are shepards last and only stories. If they were to make a 4 it wouldn't be shepard.

Iceglow
06-27-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm just going to put my entire post in spoiler tags because heck this is too fresh.

Bioware's extended cut DLC has made the endings finally bearable. I thought the touch of being able to refuse the Catalyst's options and have the galaxy burn was pretty cool, though the least developed of the 4 endings. Shepherd standing there on the citadel saying nothing as the power from the Crucible fades and the screen fades to black was a bit underdone. Bioware could and rightfully should have done a massive FMV to show the final battle at Earth end, there was so much going on, maybe even a cut of the ending FMV used in all 3 of the endings of the troops battling in London could've been made whereby the Reapers consistently just blast through everything overwhelming the forces on Earth and the other planets. Maybe a FMV of where Joker is receiving the "bug out order" from Hackett where Hackett is all "The Crucible has failed, all fleets keep fighting!" or even "The Cruicible has failed, All ships escape now, meet at the rendezvous point! Earth is lost!" Before the ending they made for it.

I chose the Control ending, I'm kind of glad I did. It fitted my Shepherd who was ever the paragon looking to defend the galaxy. The fact that he then turns the Reaper threat in to a Reaper protective fleet, using them to repair the mass relays and everything was pretty much the most he could do. However I feel the "ceremony of his death" on the Normandy could've been handled differently, perhaps a reaper could have been seen talking to the crew, explaining what actually happened that Shepherd was not truly dead but would remain immortal as the guiding force of The Reapers. Would have been even more sweet if that reaper had the "Shepherd Reaper" voice. It is also the only ending where only The Reapers and Shepherd are changed/affected. Which is why this definitely feels like the true paragon ending.

The destroy ending has some of the things I wish the refusal ending has, Though it's only indication of the lack of Geth and EDI in the future is the lack of an image of Geth in the slide show and EDI's name being on the Roll of Honour aboard the Normandy 2 when they place Shepherds name on it. Though the inclusion of the Shepherd may be alive at the end of it all clip makes me wish there was still more to this ending.

The Synthesis ending is a positive ending, perhaps the best of the 3 since the Reapers are coming back willingly to share the knowledge but the Galaxy is forever changed and not one that most organics would have welcomed if they knew it was a possibility perhaps. IDK it just didn't work for me as an ending though the Adam and Eve of Joker and EDI is a pretty good ending note. I'd still go with the Control ending over this.

Loony BoB
06-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I can't help but feel that after three games against the buggers, a Hollywood-esque "defeat the Reapers the old fashioned way against following a boss fight" would have been a better ending. Three games for this still feels just a little wrong.

I'm not complaining about the games, though, I still love 'em. Just a shame about an ending that doesn't feel like it's how it should have ended. Perhaps sometimes companies try to hard to be creative or original. Sometimes the cliché is better.

Shiny
06-29-2012, 06:22 AM
They have said that these three are shepards last and only stories. If they were to make a 4 it wouldn't be shepard.

If your Shepard is dead then yeah. Mine is alive. I don't see why Shepard wouldn't be in the fourth installment even if not playable.

Freya
06-29-2012, 04:53 PM
It wouldn't be conducive to the story telling. You have too many variables for the end of ME3. Your Shepard isn't even alive if your EMS rating isn't high enough. That's a very small easter egg. If they were to have another game set further in the timeline, than the only thing mentioned would most likely be that Shepard existed but no details on exactly what happened. There would be far too much, too many flags, for them to have another game. Synthetic, Control and Destroy had all very different endings an each proposed different outcomes for the future of the galaxy.

Only way I could see the ME series continuing is a Prequel about like anderson and his going through to the Acturus Station and battling the Turians in the First Contact war. Or an Off shoot like "Garrus: professional badass Archangel." But as they stated, Shepard's story is done.

Shiny
06-29-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't care if Shepard isn't the main storyline but she better have a cameo or sumtin. I don't trust bioware anymore so I will see as things progress.

Renmiri
07-04-2012, 01:13 AM
I can't help but feel that after three games against the buggers, a Hollywood-esque "defeat the Reapers the old fashioned way against following a boss fight" would have been a better ending. Three games for this still feels just a little wrong.

I'm not complaining about the games, though, I still love 'em. Just a shame about an ending that doesn't feel like it's how it should have ended. Perhaps sometimes companies try to hard to be creative or original. Sometimes the cliché is better.

QFT