PDA

View Full Version : EoFF CMS: Feedback & Ideas

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
For those of you have yet to notice, when you click on 'Site' at the top left of your screen you will find a brand new frontsite. This frontsite is pretty much 100% integrated with the forums, so we can 'promote' your blogs and posts to the frontsite when we want to and people are also able to leave comments on the frontsite. We have a lot of plans for this baby of ours, and while Marshall Banana, Rantz Rantz Revolution, Baloki, Jiro and others have all slaved away on it, we still need more feedback from you guys so we know where to go next.

Right now, it's a pretty raw look. We're hoping to change that. The primary concern we have is the appearance of the CMS/Site (ie: we aren't talking about the forums appearance in this thread, please focus on the site), as we have a lot of thing we want to do once we have the look the way we want it. So, with that in mind, can you please fill out the following template for as many different styles as you feel like! If you notice any bugs, feel free to mention them, too. Oh, and one more thing - feel free to 'second' earlier comments, as if only one person says something we might not consider it a major thing!

Just copy/paste the contents of this box and add in the appropriate details.

Style:
Browser:
What you like:
What you don't:
Ideas:
Bugs:

For example...

Style: EoFF Classic
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 (Work :()
What you like: Comments, colours, the basic structure.
What you don't: I really think that more images are needed. Not big ones, but perhaps to act as headers for the various blocks around the CMS. Particularly the 'LATEST ARTICLES' bit - that needs to change to something a little more stylish.
Ideas: After looking at the Old Skool banner, I can't help but feel that there needs to be a newer banner for the stretch-width style that is Classic. Something with a bit more colour to it, perhaps something that doesn't have corners, if that makes sense... you know, have a black background for the image so it blends in with the rest of the style and can still work with a stretched width.
Bugs: Nothing to report!

Style: Simplified
Browser: Internet Explorer 7 (Work :()
What you like: Everything! :D It's perfect for when I'm at work.
What you don't: Nothing to report!
Ideas: Maybe remove even more images. If that's even possible. Mwaha.
Bugs: Nothing to report!

Agent Proto
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Style: Old Skool
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
What you like: Um, everything so far!
What you don't: Nothing so far.
Ideas: None, I don't usually pay attention to the front site, so I don't have anything to suggest. Though, I've noticed that we supposedly could make comments for each page, so when I gave it a try it just links to the bottom of the page where it didn't have a section to write any comment for said page. So why is it there and should it be put to use if it's going to stay?
Bugs: Not necessarily a bug, but in the Characters page for Final Fantasy: TSW, the gender is listed as either scallywag or wench.

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Ideas: None, I don't usually pay attention to the front site, so I don't have anything to suggest. Though, I've noticed that we supposedly could make comments for each page, so when I gave it a try it just links to the bottom of the page where it didn't have a section to write any comment for said page. So why is it there and should it be put to use if it's going to stay?
Ah, you should be able to comment and that explains why so far Shlup and myself are the only ones who have bothered to do so - because I guess regular members have not been able to! I'll have to look into that as everyone should have the permission to post comments. Hmm.

Bugs: Not necessarily a bug, but in the Characters page for Final Fantasy: TSW, the gender is listed as either scallywag or wench.
Something tells me that page was recoded for the CMS while we were having a Pirate Day / Week. xD Oops.

Pheesh
02-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Browser: Opera
What you like: I like that we have a front site
What you don't: I assume this is due to me using an obscure browser, but I don't think it looks very nice. The main text is just white on a black background; there's an advert covering the entire left side menu; and some of the image links appear broken.
Ideas: Make it work for Opera (or don't; I don't really use the front site anyway >_<)
Bugs: Everything I mentioned. Also, I took a quick browse through, and when I clicked on a character portrait to jump to their profile it redirected me to the forums.

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Many ads should not be visible to logged in members, so we will look into all ad placements that are visible to yourselves. I'm not certain if the ad on the left hand sidebar is supposed to be visible to members, and even more to the point, I'm not sure if it is supposed to be above the game links as that could drive viewers away from the site!

Jiro
02-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Style:Old Skool
Browser: Safari (work)
What you like: The layout. I think the three column idea is rocking.
What you don't: White text on black, scrolling all the way to the bottom, the uneven side bars
Ideas:

Place an avatar or some kind of image at the top of the post alongside the title/author information. A little bit of colour will go a long way, particularly in those articles without images.
Add a background image a la the EoFF twitter. Or at least create those little box outs for each article so they're written on something other than "space".
Whatever else I said in my feedback thread.
Bugs:

The "forum" tab is still highlighted as opposed to the site tab being highlighted.
Some of the older news articles have html showing, bandaids needed.
I think that's all I've discovered.
I like the traditional skins of EoFF, I think they make us distinct and stand out from the crowd (as well as, you know, honoring the past). HOWEVER I think we need way more colour on the frontsite. I know most of the articles I have written have images to go along with them. If we can like, attach "separate" avatars to the "news accounts" then we should definitely post using avatars of our favourite final fantasy characters. BoB would be fine but having some FF themed tit showing through even on the most text based of articles will draw people in.

There needs to be a way for people to easily search between news and features. Having both is awesome, but a lot of members join us to find out news and stay because we're sexy. Let's not scare them off with essays about why Mukki is the true hero of FF7 (mental note: write that).

I'll take a look at how the other skins look on there, especially the comparison between full-width and not, because I'm sure it'll make a difference to tit visually. But you can wait for that. :greenie:

Style:Kupo!
Browser: Internet Explorer 9 (class)
What you like: The texturing works to make the articles easier to read.
I got signed out and the advertisement on the side bar works very well because it doesn't just go over the top of information like it did for Phil.
http://i42.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/ab4e3d.png
What you don't: There's no "clear" columns. It could appear messy.
Ideas: as before
Bugs:
http://i39.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2elv138.png

Shlup
02-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Style: Kitty Fantasy, sometimes Under the Sea
Browser: Firefox, Android
What you like: Everything
What you don't: Your lack of apostrophe use. Member profiles are kind of poo. I don't like the order of the tabs. I think it should go Site Forum Blogs Chat Wiki Triple Triad, and What's New? should go underneath.
Ideas: More indoor children with outdoor names.
Bugs: None that I've noticed.

Loony BoB
02-16-2012, 10:27 AM
xD the PHP code tag must destroy the apstrophe, because it's there when I hit edit!

Shlup
02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Don't throw bullshit excuses at me, you illiterate chump.

Loony BoB
02-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Your face is a bulltit excuse.

But as for your other stuff, I agree that the ordering of the tabs should be as you suggested. Or at least move What's New? to the end, rather than destroying it... not sure if anyone uses What's New at all!

EDIT: I have now fixed it so that the 'comments' should be viewable by all and postable by all registered members. If there are still problems with that, could someone let me know? Also, I have set it so that there is a forum where you can see all the latest updates, further increasing the forum-site integration.

I like Jiro's ideas for seperating news and articles. At the moment we have categories for Square Enix, Final Fantasy and Community. I think we should add the various game titles to that, along with 'News' and 'Articles'.

Jiro
02-16-2012, 03:01 PM
People had better not smurfing ignore this thread. This is the single greatest opportunity that they have to influence an important and large thing here at Eyes on Final Fantasy and three non staffers participate (EDIT: ONLY ONE NON FORMER STAFFER!!!!! We should knight Happy Noodle Boy (that's ee, BoB) just to make this right). Pathetic. I'm going to go and abuse people via every means once I get to work.

Freya
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Style: Kitty Fantasy
Browser : Chrome
What you like: It looks nice?
What you don't : A lot of text. Just so much text. x_x Besides what a few others say, I also kinda don't like the articles.
Ideas : It's not that they are bad articles, they are just boring. I think you'd have more people interested if you had a bit more community involvement. Yeah Final Fantasy is great but EoFF is more about who is here than what is here. The one I like the most is WK's 6 things post. It's fun! Which is what EoFF is about. Possibly allow some microblogging from users be allowed on the front page. I mean not everyone is going to write a blog that's gold but it would make the community seem more open and you could just have someone approve whatever so something gets in or doesn't. That way all the attention whores/junk blogs stay where they should and those hidden gem awesomes get through! With the incentive of possibly being on the front site it might increase the quality of said blogs and give that area more focus. Which I say is win/win! :monster:

And the picture thing. It's a lot of text and it just seems, boring because of that. Maybe just tack on a picture at the beginning of an article or something.
Bugs: Just that comment thing you already took care of.

Loony BoB
02-16-2012, 04:58 PM
I've actually had someone else mention getting non-FF stuff put onto the frontsite (by way of interviews with members) but we have to remember the audience we're trying to 'capture'. That kind of thing is probably more suited to the forums than the frontsite, which we're hoping will be a go-to place for all things Final Fantasy. Having said all that, there are a lot of things like the WK article you mentioned that aren't so news-y but more article-y, and having been sent a bunch of works that will go up on the site once we're happy with the look. And having read them, they are all top quality and I'm hoping we'll see not just news on the new CMS, but also a lot of articles, perhaps weekly styled articles, maybe polls (I think we've yet to test that!) and of course the odd community event will get posted up.

But yeah. Articles, be they member-made or staff-made, will definitely be on the increase. A large part of what made us go for the CMS is the ability to promote posts and blogs to the frontsite. Fingers crossed it all works nicely. :)

Jiro
02-16-2012, 05:14 PM
aw damn it I just remember polls and thought I could break the idea but you already mentioned it you feathery bastard! POLLS. GET 'EM UP THERE. POLLS ROCK.

Freya
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
I think you misunderstood my community based comment. I was not insinuating that it has nothing to do with FF. It could be like what Del had posted from the Contest, FF Haikus! :D That's still something we, the community, made that was FF related and interesting. Of course we should put FF related content on the frontsite of an FF forum, that's a no brainer, but you have entire force of bored fans here that you could get to do something constructive. Be it a post monthly of community FF artwork, or a well thought out blog post of why blue mages suck rocks. You then become not just an FF fansite but an FF community. Fansites are a dime a dozen. They are everywhere. What makes this place, this place is our community. With it being so important, why are we skimping on it now? We the members are what makes EoFF, EoFF. Why not show the world how awesome we are?

As I said, you can get someone a mod or admin or whatever to monitor and approve certain things that can and can't go up front. It would show that while we have news, we also have a community that still talks and cares about FF, so why not come along and join us!

Agent Proto
02-16-2012, 05:25 PM
You know what I think would be great? If there was a "Youtube video of the week" kind of thing where a video could be posted that's somehow related to the site. Like a video of a fan-made music video or something.

Sephex
02-16-2012, 05:35 PM
You know what I think would be great? If there was a "Youtube video of the week" kind of thing where a video could be posted that's somehow related to the site. Like a video of a fan-made music video or something.

If we do that, feel free to use this video I made.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtMxC1PKdEo

Depression Moon
02-16-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure what to say really. I would go to the front site more if SE put out more interesting games like they used to. I don't have the inkling for new info regarding their games like I used to over just games in general.

Gamblet
02-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Browser: Mozilla
What you like: I like basically everything.
What you don't: The black background should be something else, white text displayed on it is not looking nice. The right side of the frontpage is disturbing, too confusing to read.
Ideas: Change of banner would be a good idea, starts to feel a bit old, or am I the only one thinking like that? If I am, don't change it.
And as stated above, the frontpage's right side should have a bit more space so there won't be a new line after every 3 words.
Bugs: No buggies here.

Glad to be helpful.

Jiro
02-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Building off Gamblet's point: our small text at the bottom of the tweets kicks "favorite" onto its own line. Way to be wasteful with vertical space when we could be more efficient with horizontal. Make it a little bit wider and it should be glorious.

(safari old skool)

http://i40.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2py58xw.png

Pike
02-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Style: Aeris Reborn
Browser: Firefox
What you like: It looks nice being all integrated with the forum and stuff.
What you don't: The sidebars are kind of difficult to read because they're so thin, but then again, I like the slim look overall so fixing it would kind of be a double edged sword.
Ideas: I think a featured image (doesn't have to big a big one, just a few hundred by a few hundred pixels or something) for each article would look swanky!
Bugs: The "Forum" tab is still highlighted even on the frontsite.

Carl the Llama
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Style: Kupo (which is so epicly awesome btw)
Browser: Firefox (3.6)
What you like: Hmm... think I will abstain from answering this
What you don't: see above
Ideas:
Where to start, first off I think instead of having regular text to represent the names of the games we have content on the site for we could possibly have actual picture links with the games name and is symbol in the back like this:

http://www.ffshrine.org/ff7/logos/ff7-logo.jpg

except scaled down obviously. Pictures would also be a benifit, I would be more then willing to help get some headers up for each category personalized to the game, so instead of the text Materia: Magic it would be something like...

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3159/headersample.jpg

Also to make the frontsite prettyfied when you click on a game you could have the background of the site with a wallpaper of the chosen game for instance:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9734/samplebg.jpg

if not that then perhaps we could really get the rest of the forums involved and ask say Pete and black orb to draw us some fan made material making our site really unique and promoting its awesome members at the same time.

I am sure if given time I could think of many more ideas for the front site.

Bugs: just 1 minor bug, when on the site tab, the forums tab is darkened, as though I was looking at the forums.
[/noparse]

Jiro
02-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Also to make the frontsite prettyfied when you click on a game you could have the background of the site with a wallpaper of the chosen game for instance:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9734/samplebg.jpg

Words cannot describe how much I like this idea.

chionos
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Style: EoFF Classic
What you like: There's not much there atm to like, in terms of how simplified it is.
What you don't: Viewing comments takes me to a new page. I want the comments to just pop down when I click on it. I don't care about what you people have to say enough to bother being redirected. =P Ditto "Read More"

I generally like black&white, but I don't like the news in white text on black background with the eoff blue boxing it in.

I don't twitter so the whole right side is pointless to me, especially since it's outdated.

Too many games to list them all. People without patience will find it annoying. Especially since they spill off the bottom of the page. What, I have to freakin' scroll? RUSERIOUS!? Seriously though, if they're going to be text, they should be broken down like
Final Fantasy: I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII
Sequels: X-2 XIII-2
Spinoffs: Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, etc.
Kingdom Hearts: etc.
etc
Otherwise I like KD's ideas on pictures. so pwetty

Ideas: I just want to reiterate what KD said. Word for word. So just read his post. I like a good balance of text and images.

Bugs: Other than the same problem that KD noticed, none.

blackmage_nuke
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
What you like: Most of it
What you don't: Theres no border around the front site like on kupo! I think the black background of the page and the black background of the main content just running into each other makes the site look incomplete
Ideas: Just a few old complaints
1) replace jpg sprites with PNG
2) I miss the old five latest threads on the left side of the front site (which has been bugged ever since we updated the forum and now doesnt seem to exist at all). When It use to work, I had a bookmark to the front site and would click one of the threads to access the forums. But now I just have a book mark straight to the forum.
3) Rename "Neptune's Spire Inn" to "Timber Maniacs" unless the current name is just a better reference that I dont get.
Bugs: Nothing I can see

The Man
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I haven't really looked at things yet, but the first time I clicked the "site" link it didn't load. That should be fixed.

I also don't like how forums.eyesonff.com urls redirect to some stupid advertisement now. People who google things that were on the old URL are going to think there's nothing there and never bother coming back.

Ok;

Browser: Chrome
What you like: Most of it
What you don't: Some of the images don't work, at least as of the first time I've loaded the site. This may be server-related. This one (http://home.eyesonff.com/images/news/cover_484091422006.jpg) (for this article (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/1737-The-Black-Mages-Symphonics-and-A-Capella-Goodness)) didn't load, for example. I think it may be server-related because when I just edited my post, the stylesheet for the forums didn't load.
Ideas: Do comments to news articles show up in the forums? If not they should.
Bugs: The images stuff.

edczxcvbnm
02-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Browser: IE8, Firefox 10, Chrome 17 (it really depends on whatever I happen to be using at work based on Dev)
What you like: The Basics
What you don't like: WHERE TO START? Most of my things are minor but I think contribute greatly to a look and feel. Right now it feels too cluttered. What I mean by that is that it all just drags on the side. Twitter goes on forever even though it is only 4-5 posts due to over word wrapping because the space is too small. Maybe make it a collapsible box? The same thing holds true of the index on the left hand side.

Then the news goes down so far that it begins to look like a barren page after the side columns are gone. I think expanding the columns outward would help greatly. Am I mistaken in thinking that this is still designed for an 800x600 resolution? Seriously? How many people even still use that?

Also, the site looks even awesome with the plugin my friend made for Chrome called "Comic Sans Everywhere"

Marshall Banana
02-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I also don't like how forums.eyesonff.com urls redirect to some stupid advertisement now. People who google things that were on the old URL are going to think there's nothing there and never bother coming back.
Whoa. What? Please take a screenshot.

Timekeeper
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Uhh, odd, I managed to recreate exactly the same issue, and it said that the page could not be found. Then I tried it again, and it loaded perfectly...

The Man
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Whoa. What? Please take a screenshot.It's not even loading now, but when I google, for example, "Eyes on Forgetting Females" and click the first forums.eyesonff.com link that comes up (URL http://forums.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/128842-end-year-ciddies-2009-revelation-thread-56.html), I get redirected to http://url2short.info/b195fa94, which, if it's still the same thing it was last time it loaded, is some stupid advertisement. Now it won't even load.

Marshall Banana
02-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Just to be safe, no one should click on that url2short.info link. XD

Timekeeper
02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
What you like: I like the simplicity of the page, in that it's much cleaner than the old one (you should put an image up for comparison, so those that don't understand this great step forward do) and that there aren't ads in ridiculous places.
What you don't: As many others have stated, I'm not a fan of the dullness of the white on black look of the articles, and that it feels like a page of endless text scrolling downwards (in the content and the sidebars).
Ideas: I feel that there needs to be more of an obvious barrier between each article and each tweet, to stop the from just blurring together as lots of text.
Maybe some sort differentiation between article titles and the actual content (titles are given a coloured banner around them, or something, I dunno), so that the title stands out from the rest of the text. More images could help too. Same goes for the tweets, so that the content stands out from the other tags that are there.

Initially I wasn't sure what the categories were actually categores of, would it be a good idea to change that to "Article Categories" or something? Same thing goes for Games, I know that they are games, but what about them? Could "Games Guides" work better?

Just looking at the ads as a non-member, I think that it looks alright, but I'd rather have access to the links to access more of the site, such as the game guides, than see the tweets on the right. Could the advertisement be on the right, rather than the left? (also, there only seems to be ads on the front page, and not in the guides themselves?)

The ad in questions was an Amazon ad, which didn't look too bad, but do you have control on how the ad displays? If so it could be more worthwhile to have the price of each item appear next to the image of the game, as I'd be more likely to actually click it. If not, ignore this comment :P

Bugs: Can't find anymore bugs that haven't been found.

Iceglow
02-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Browser:
Google Chrome
What you like:
I like that the front site now changes depending on skin, I like that there appears to be no bugs on this skin too
What you don't:
Ok where to begin and I don't want to sound too negative but: It's bloody boring, it really needs a different font for headers, Times New Roman won't cut it guys. Don't look at me like that it just won't. It needs images, lots more images and some extra colour to break up the monotony of brown. In the forums avatars, signatures etc all help break up the monotony but on the front site there isn't any. I think all articles in the front site much like they did on OMGMyGame should have a title image and images inside of them. Maybe work an extra colour in to the actual skin so it shows (just don't ruin the skin) a little more detail.
Ideas:
Read the above, I hate giving only negative criticism at a time so the positive criticism above should help..
Bugs:
none seen so far, will keep looking as things progress.

The Man
02-17-2012, 02:53 AM
Just to be safe, no one should click on that url2short.info link. XDProbably true; I've edited it out :monster:

Jiro
02-17-2012, 03:06 AM
I clicked on it earlier. Should I fear for my laptop's integrity?

The Man
02-17-2012, 03:12 AM
You might want to run Ad-Aware or something just to be on the safe side, but I dunno. Might depend how good your antivirus is. McAfee didn't find anything.

I went ahead and removed the first link too because if it's still redirecting people to that site then it could still be dodgy.

Jiro
02-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Jesus christ I never thought I'd have to worry about the links I clicked on here at eoff :cry:

Marshall Banana
02-17-2012, 05:06 AM
The redirect from Google search results is a prevalent vBSEO exploit, and pretty much every forum using vBSEO has been affected by this recently. As far as I know, nothing truly malicious has happened. Hackers just trying to steal traffic.

Anyway, good feedback so far, dudes!

Loony BoB
02-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I think you misunderstood my community based comment. I was not insinuating that it has nothing to do with FF. It could be like what Del had posted from the Contest, FF Haikus! :D That's still something we, the community, made that was FF related and interesting. Of course we should put FF related content on the frontsite of an FF forum, that's a no brainer, but you have entire force of bored fans here that you could get to do something constructive. Be it a post monthly of community FF artwork, or a well thought out blog post of why blue mages suck rocks. You then become not just an FF fansite but an FF community. Fansites are a dime a dozen. They are everywhere. What makes this place, this place is our community. With it being so important, why are we skimping on it now? We the members are what makes EoFF, EoFF. Why not show the world how awesome we are?

As I said, you can get someone a mod or admin or whatever to monitor and approve certain things that can and can't go up front. It would show that while we have news, we also have a community that still talks and cares about FF, so why not come along and join us!
In that case, don't worry, we have a lot of that kind of stuff intended. :D

Also, I have collated what I can, let me know if I've missed anything.

Feedback

Structure and Advertising
- Need to look at moving the ad on the left of the articles.
- Advertising only appears on index, not in game sections.
- Advert on left covers the left side menu in Opera.
- Try to get the sidebars to be a little more even.
- It's a long scroll to get to the bottom.
- Widen right sidebar so that Twitter stuff is displayed better (ie, don't have 'favourites' on it's own line).
- Consider width of Aeris Reborn - time to get this set to 1024 pixels, surely?
- Consider the number of games in the games menu - possibly adjust it somehow to something that fits into the page a little easier.
- Need header area for articles, possibly including avatars for people submitting content.
- Similar to the above: Need a more obvious barrier between articles.

Colour/Images/Font
- Need more images!
- Need to colour in the currently black background behind text for articles (in Classic styles).
- Consider replacing banner on EoFF Classic style.
- Consider background images, potentially different ones depending on the game being viewed.
- Consider whether no 'clear' columns could make Kupo! style seem messy.
- Consider using images instead of text to link to game sections.
- Replace JPGs with PNGs.
- Avoid Times New Roman.

Functionality
- Comments do not work - Fixed
- Happy Noodle Boy clicked on a character portrait and got redirected to forums. Will need to check over links, possibly worth a focused feedback thread for this at some point to ensure that they are all working as intended.
- Having to go to a new page to read comments/full article annoys chionos (as much as I'd like that, it's a no-chancer as far as I'm concerned... vB isn't that good yet! :p)
- Bring back the 'Latest threads' links on the frontsite.
- See if it's possible to collapse Twitter widgets.

Content
- FF Artwork from community.
- FF YouTube videos.
- Promote some good blog entries related to FF.
- Featured images for content.

Miscellaneous
- FF:TSW lists character genders as scallywag/wench.
- When clicking into the frontsite, the Forums tab is still highlighted as if you were in the forums.
- Some old articles/news entries still have HTML showing.
- Ordering of tabs could use a change.
- Consider renaming "Neptune Spire's Inn" to "Timber Maniacs".

Jiro
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out what enemies I should steal from while in the Shinra HQ. I go to the walkthrough here to hopefully find the information I need. I find this page (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/791-ff7-walkthrough-disc-one?vbseourl=content/791-ff7-walkthrough-disc-one.html) and when I click on the link that takes me to Shinra HQ, I am actually taken to the front site.

blackmage_nuke
02-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't use classic style often but i think replacing the banner is ridiculous, because then it wouldnt be classic anymore and I thought the point of classic style is for sentimental old sods who cant get with the times.

Freya
02-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Not just artwork BoB, community things in general.

Loony BoB
02-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Not just artwork BoB, community things in general.
Don't worry about that not being in the feedback summary - we already have a lot of intentions & ideas regarding the frontsite's future content. Loads~ We're more concerned with the look at the moment.

I don't use classic style often but i think replacing the banner is ridiculous, because then it wouldnt be classic anymore and I thought the point of classic style is for sentimental old sods who cant get with the times.
I think you'll find that the banner is not the first nor the second nor the third of the banners to be used (Leeza created the banner three years after EoFF was created), and competitions to replace it have gone on before, in 2006. :) We just never found the right one so kept the old one. Maybe we will find a good new one someday, but if we never look, we'll never know!

Agent Proto
02-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Oh, I also want to make another suggestion. I think the number of articles per page on the frontsite should be shortened to 10. The current number is too many at 14 articles.

I Don't Need A Name
02-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Browser: Mozilla Firefox
What you like: Like the rest, I don't have much constructive to say

What you don't: As has been said many times, white on black is a bit of an eyesore. I found that the Kupo! style actually works one of the best due to the consisntant colour scheme making everything mesh a little more together

The sidebar I think seems a little bit too...simple. It doesn't really catch the eye. I think it maybe due to the font.

Where have the enemy images gone :[ Admittedly I only checked the FFVI boss section, but didn't we used to have smallscaled avatars for each boss/monster? I thought that was a really good idea.

As a final thought, should we have Plot Synopses for each FF. I know we have the story page which gives the blurb of the game, but I'd think the full story might be a useful edition

Ideas: See the above really.. I don't like being so negative D:

Bugs: I found none

chionos
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I like the addition of the games in abbreviated form along the top of the page. In a list as it is, it's a bit sloppy, but it's going in the right direction, certainly.

Also, Kupo style front site is looking good. Everything flows together well. Only problem I see with it is that the twitter feeds are really too pinched, especially the one from SE because of the pictures.

rubah
02-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Style: it is as irrelevant as our lives on this plane
Browser: what difference does it make?
What you like: a loaded question
What you don't:And I've got six bullets.
Ideas: The idea is to be a completely integrated site, correct? So why are we still using a subdomain? it's kinda superfluous. (And ugly). You've finished your testing phase, so just get rid of the extra .htaccess line to go from [default].eyesonff.com to home.eyesonff.com
Bugs: Are delicious.

blackmage_nuke
02-20-2012, 03:21 AM
I like how the colour of the tab selected up the top in Kupo! runs down the entire page of the front site. Do that for all the other styles!

Loony BoB
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Ideas: The idea is to be a completely integrated site, correct? So why are we still using a subdomain? it's kinda superfluous. (And ugly). You've finished your testing phase, so just get rid of the extra .htaccess line to go from [default].eyesonff.com to home.eyesonff.com
Many workplaces block eyesonff.com, but not the subdomains... so we've moved the entire site to the subdomain. We're sneaky like that. Fingers crossed they don't block home.eyesonff.com or a number of our browsers will be buggered. Well, I don't know what number, but it's at least two!

rubah
02-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Then mirror it. I don't want to suffer for your personal furtiveness

Loony BoB
02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Mirrors are bad for SEO, I think? Dunno. If not, then that's not a bad idea! But I don't think it's much to 'suffer' :p Being unable to access the site at all outweighs an argument of having to use a different URL.

rubah
02-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Except it's you and some other fool who can't access the site, whereas everyone has to use a new url 8)

Marshall Banana
02-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Keeping the forums at forums.eyesonff.com wasn't feasible, due to the issues we were facing. The best solution (I think we all agreed unanimously?) was moving to a new subdomain and implementing redirects in order to make the move as seamless as possible (there were some hiccups at first, but whatever; it's a learning experience).

I'm afraid it's a done deal!

rubah
02-24-2012, 04:35 AM
:cry: