PDA

View Full Version : How far into the game am I?

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm playing this game for the second time and have finally caught up to the point that I was at when I first played it roughly 12 years ago. Basically I was just on the floating continent and I've now jumped off with Shadow and the world has gone to hell. Given that I play about 20-40 minutes a day, anywhere between one to five days per week, I'm interested in finding out how long I have to go. I imagine once I get close to the end and I've not many other games to play (XIII-2 and ME3 are due to take up significant time, but after that, here's hoping!) I'll be able to really just sit down at home and storm through a lot of it. But am I halfway through, yet? Or quarter? Or something else? :p

Bubba
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm currently nearing the end of my first playthrough and I reckon storywise you are about halfway through. There are a lot of sidequests in the destroyed world but I've been trying to steer clear of them on my first run.

I guess it depends on whether you're trying to get 100% on the game. If you are then there's still a lot of hours of play to go.

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 01:48 PM
I'm just trying to complete all the FF's - so this won't be a 100% completion thing (although the odd side quest doesn't hurt if there are benefits!). After this it's on to FFIX, then FFIII, then FFIV. I think!

Bubba
02-15-2012, 02:01 PM
I'm just trying to complete all the FF's - so this won't be a 100% completion thing (although the odd side quest doesn't hurt if there are benefits!). After this it's on to FFIX, then FFIII, then FFIV. I think!

Funnily enough, I'm currently on a mission to complete them all too. FFIX is also my next port of call once I've finished FFVI.

I've got FFI and FFII on my iPhone for my daily commutes to work and they're coming along nicely... trying to be as efficient as possible!

EDIT: I'm not going for 100% completion on VI either. The story's great so I'm just trying to plough on till the end. What level are your characters on at this point?

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 02:05 PM
I had already completed V, VII, VIII, X and XIII. At that point I decided to finish the rest. I got through I, II and XII then moved on to VI where for some reason it's been a little trickier, perhaps because the story requires a lot more time than my bus ride home. It'll probably be easier when the sun goes down later - winter always makes me fall asleep on the bus as the windows are never open and the lack of fresh air makes me sleepy. xD

Flying Arrow
02-15-2012, 02:13 PM
You're about half way finished the game, depending on how much time you're willing to search for your party members. FFVI is about as close as FF has ever gotten to being an open-world game, so the rest of the story is up to you. From my experience, if you try to take the shortest route possible to the final boss, you'll... suddenly want to start filling out your party and their skills.

Bubba
02-15-2012, 02:21 PM
I've got a bit further to go than you! Only finished VII and VIII (got side-tracked on X and XII). My plan is to tackle all the earlier games first then finish with the four latest ones (X onwards). My thinking is by the time I've finished all the ones before X. SE will have released nice, shiny HD versions of X and XII. One can only hope anyway...

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd say about two-thirds. Imagine you are on Disc 3 of 4.

Jiro
02-15-2012, 06:05 PM
NOT FAR ENOUGH

*doesn't read thread*

Gamblet
02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I believe that you have indeed completed half of the game.

I have completed FFs 1-9. *shows dillydong*

blackmage_nuke
02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
NOT FAR ENOUGH

*doesn't read thread*

Fuck, I was going to say that.

If you're aiming to finish the game asap, then you're probably only less than 10 hours away from completion. If you're aiming for atleast a perfect ending, maybe 20 hours, If youre aiming to get all the extras then 30.

These are all rough guesstimates.

Jiro
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
That's why you're awesome :jess:

ljkkjlcm9
02-17-2012, 02:12 PM
You can actually beat the game with only 3 characters. Almost the entirety of the World of Ruin is optional. Granted that's difficult to do, but it's a nice challenge. If you want to actually get all the party members and get all the espers and good equipment, you still have a good ways to go.

I've beaten all except IX, X, XII. I plan on getting through IX after I finish XIII-2. I never got far in IX, but I enjoyed what I played. Then XII, which I got far, but then got distracted with school and forgot where I was/what I was doing. I honestly just hate X and have no desire to beat it. Though I do want to try X-2 purely for that battle system everyone says is so good.

THE JACKEL

theundeadhero
02-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Your about 2/5 if you choose to find the rest of the characters in the world of ruin.