PDA

View Full Version : Go away Mr. Sandman.

Sephex
02-15-2012, 11:12 PM
EoFF must be tired these days, because a lot of threads have to do with sleeping. So here is my spin on it:

What is the least amount of sleep you can get and still function normally without using any stimulants (coffee, energy drinks, meds, etc.)?

I can usually swing five hours a night without any assistance.

Though, if I want to stay up on a night where I don't have work the next day, that's when I will use a 5 Hour Energy drink. Oddly enough, I feel fine without one and just deal with being tired until it naturally goes away in the course of my day.

Freya
02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
yeah about 5. But I complain about it.

I also blame Pike for all the sleep threads. She makes them before she goes to bed. heh

Bunny
02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
I can probably get about 20 - 30 minutes of sleep and function relatively normally for the entire day afterwards but I would probably crash at around 10 or 11pm.

Hollycat
02-15-2012, 11:26 PM
I think the reason for the sleepy threads is on the part of some fetish of Pike's

edit:
ontopic: 2hours, coffee actually makes me calm down for some reason.

Agent Proto
02-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Roughly an hour, more or less. It's been like this for me, so I'm used to it. Doesn't mean I like doing it. :P

Fun fact: Expect to see more threads from Pike. She's on a quest to make a thread a day for the entire year.

Hollycat
02-15-2012, 11:50 PM
I know, that's why I stopped opening so many threads, I'm hoping if she wins the cookie this year she wont contest me for it next time.

Sephex
02-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Roughly an hour, more or less. It's been like this for me, so I'm used to it. Doesn't mean I like doing it. :P

Fun fact: Expect to see more threads from Pike. She's on a quest to make a thread a day for the entire year.

She should get more sleep it seems!

Freya
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Fun fact: Freya has been competing with Pike, kinda, in the thread makingness.

Shlup
02-16-2012, 01:06 AM
As long as I get at least one night a week that's a good ten hours, the rest can be five hours and I'll be okay. I can swing three or four if I've had good sleep on other nights. When I was teaching I usually slept four or five hours on work nights, and ten to twelve on weekends.

Tigmafuzz
02-16-2012, 04:52 AM
I can sleep for about three hours a night and then stay awake for the next three days or so. Sometimes even longer, but I usually crash hard in the middle of a fourth day.

Pike
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM

Yup. And so far, so good.

If I get anything less than seven hours of sleep in a night I stop functioning. I'm kind of high maintenance that way.

fire_of_avalon
02-16-2012, 05:10 AM
If I get more than two but less than five you might as well replace me with a rock. Except the rock will be nicer.

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
I can function well enough with about 5 hours of sleep, but that won't be a spectacularly productive day. :p I'll probably be grumpy too.

Loony BoB
02-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Function? Depends on how well you intend on me functioning... :p

I get 6-7 hours sleep on average per night. I could probably function pretty well with less, but the less I go, the worse I function... and I would inevitably become very irritable.

Jiro
02-16-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't function normally on normal amounts of sleep so I don't know how to answer this question. I actually feel fantastic after 2-3 hours of sleep following and all nighter which gets me like what 45ish hours of "fully functioning" awake time in the space of 48 hours. And then I crash like a motherfucker.