PDA

View Full Version : Wait...what am I suppose to do again?

edczxcvbnm
02-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I started a new game of FFVII and not only am I playing this game like never before, I also can't remember where things are or how to blaze through this like I use to. I am more likely probably playing this quite averagely right now.

I am about to go to GONGOLADADADADADADALALALA but I had just hit level 25 so I decided to go get Beta and since I am in that area I should probably also just do stupid battles till I get that Mythril.

This is taking FOREVER! Normally I am at level 25...ish (possibly lower) by the time I beat Disc 1. The worst part is that even though I have been leveling up and should be getting more money that usual, I feel like I had more money when I battled less. Just trying to buy certain armors (the double armors) seems like I am short on cash all the time.

Ever try to play this game in a different way than normal and wonder what the hell you are doing wrong? WHAT am I doing wrong?

Also, I have logged a lot of time into the game as actually battling everything takes a lot longer than running away from everything XD

Jiro
02-16-2012, 04:36 PM
You're buying everything. You had more money because you were rationing what you bought, no doubt. Or you're just fighting the crappy paying enemies or something.

You're blazing through this game. Don't you steal all my thread ideas! :argh:

I can't remember what level I am usually. I think I hit around level 20 by the time I reach Junon/recruit Yuffie, but that might be an exaggeration. TIME TO FIND OUT :jess:

edczxcvbnm
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Thats the thing...I'm not buying everything. I only buy materia and the doubling armor. Everything else I find in the field or steal from enemies.

And Level 20 before Junon?!?!? What sort of madness is this? I was at level 17 this time and I was WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY over leveled.

Also, I am not even blazing through this game. This is probably the SLOWEST I have ever played through this game. I am not making progress at my usual pace XP But don't worry about me stealing ideas. I have never been one to make too many threads!

Jiro
02-17-2012, 01:15 AM
I just had it in my head that Yuffie pops out at level 18, so I added some. Guess I'm wrong! :monster: We'll see, I'm slowly getting there.

Skyblade
02-18-2012, 06:03 AM
20+ before Junon is usual for me. I make it a point to have Meteorain by the time I fight Rufus atop the Shinra tower, and I usually use the forest where you find Yuffie to Limit Break train all of my characters (groups of 3 or 5 enemies easily killed with Matra Magic, doing enough damage to build Limits pretty quickly with Fury and Cover).

On my current playthough I headed through a bit faster so that I could make sure to hunt the Vagyrisk Claws. I'd never bothered with one before, so wasn't sure how hard it would be if I levelled too much.