PDA

View Full Version : Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Shlup
02-17-2012, 01:27 AM
I know we had a thread about this when it was announced last July, but the game was released in Japan today so I watched a few videos for it and it looks so cute!

I would totally buy it if it were released in the US and for non-3DS. Honestly, I played a 3DS a while ago and I did not like to look at it.

[article (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/1788-Theatrhythm-Final-Fantasy-Release-in-Japan)]

Sephex
02-17-2012, 01:51 AM
It reminds me of Elite Beat Agents, and I liked that game. Like most people who post here, I am a big fan of Final Fantasy music, so if I don't at least pick it up, I will play it at some point.

SwordFox
02-17-2012, 03:04 AM
I've got a 3DS and I hope it comes out in the UK. I found out about this recently and have been interested in it since I saw it. It's got such an adorable design, and as I'm a fan of both rhythm games and Final Fantasy music, this seems like the perfect game for the rhythm genre.

So yeah, if the game will be released in Europe then I'm certainly looking forward to it.

I would totally buy it if it were released in the US and for non-3DS. Honestly, I played a 3DS a while ago and I did not like to look at it.
You can turn the 3D off though and games don't really rely on the 3D aspect. Most of the time when I play it, it's in regular "2D" mode and doesn't make the games any less fun to play.

Shlup
02-17-2012, 05:53 AM
If you turn of 3D does it look the same as a normal DS screen? The 3D effect just looked too fuzzy to me.

SwordFox
02-17-2012, 10:25 AM
If you turn of 3D does it look the same as a normal DS screen? The 3D effect just looked too fuzzy to me.
Yup! It functions just like a regular screen. It looks just like playing a regular DS, although with better graphics. Some games use the 3D element in puzzles and to make level design more interesting, (such as Super Mario 3D Land), but even if you turn the 3D off it doesn't make the game unplayable or any less fun.

Though if you do want to try it out remember that the 3D is controlled by a depth slider that allows you to choose what level of 3D effect you're comfortable with, so it might be that when you played it the depth slider wasn't all the way up which can sometimes make it look a bit fuzzy. Though even in full 3D mode, you have to take a bit of time to find the "sweet spot", otherwise the effect just gets all messed up and it's like you've got double vision or something.

But yeah, you can just turn the 3D effect off completely and play it and it will look like any normal screen. :)

Del Murder
02-17-2012, 06:34 PM
If I ever get a 3DS and this game ever comes out here, I'll give it a shot. I do love me some FF music.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Every bad thing about this is immediately obliterated by the existence of Nobuo Uematsu. No language or imagery will ever be able to accurately convey just how much I love him, and I would happily sift through SE and Nintendo :bou::bou::bou::bou:ery just to revel in him a little more.

Shlup
02-18-2012, 06:31 AM
That was a little bit hot.

Jiro
02-18-2012, 06:41 AM
My question is: how much of a role does Uematsu actually play in this game? I mean obviously the music is "his" so did they ask him back to do some work or what?

I Don't Need A Name
02-18-2012, 08:31 PM
I would love to have this game if someone kindly left a 3DS on my doorstep, cause bugger paying those prices for that thing..

Shlup
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
My question is: how much of a role does Uematsu actually play in this game? I mean obviously the music is "his" so did they ask him back to do some work or what?
What would they ask him to do? He already wrote the music. Seems like his job is done.

Jiro
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Surely it has to be arranged or something? I don't know, I don't understand the game.

Miriel
02-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Omg, this looks adoooorable!

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2012, 03:50 AM
I watched Cool Runnings the other day and now I can't help but read the title of this thread as "Feeldarhythm". Thanks Jamaica.

Sephex
02-24-2012, 05:51 PM
I watched Cool Runnings the other day and now I can't help but read the title of this thread as "Feeldarhythm". Thanks Jamaica.

I now have the same problem. Thanks Quin 'n' Tonic!

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes!