PDA

View Full Version : TWISTED METAL IS HERE!

NeoCracker
02-17-2012, 02:09 AM
...And while I haven't played that far into it yet, it's kind of underwhelming.

The opening scene with sweet tooth in the house looked great, the in game graphics and designs are everything twisted Metal should be.

The controls however are a bit awkward to get use to, and I don't really like you can't just straight customize the controls.

Rather then a different ending you get with different people, you can only play through the single player with 3 different people.

I like how you can switch cars at the Garage though, so it's not like you are forced to play in the same vehicle each time, but the single player lacks when compared to Twisted Metal 3.

I have yet to try the online or split screen though, so I guess we I try that soon to see if ti's worth a damn. Because if it's not, I'm going to be very very sad. :cry:

Laddy
02-17-2012, 03:03 AM
What disappoints me about this game is the trimming of the roster. I still wanna try it out as Twisted Metal was an awesome series.

Tigmafuzz
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
I had some good times with the older ones. Is this the first Twisted metal since Black?

NeoCracker
02-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, this game is severly lacking.

The only reason I didnt' beat all three campaign modes in on evening is I stopped and trying the multi-player with a buddy.

Multiplayer works just fine, but the offline is a joke. You aren't really picking a driver, you a picking a vehicle and the group of people driving it. Dolls, Clowns, Holy Men, and some other choice. You only get the three campaigns, which mind you Calypso remains awesome as always, and Sweet Tooths campaign was sweet, but its lacking so much in content.

The actual cut scenes, however, look beautiful, and the overall graphics and design are great. Increased destructibility in the environment, also a plus. When this game drops down to 40, it would be worth it. Until then though, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.