PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a profile to Xbox Live?

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2012, 06:53 PM
So like forever ago I made an profile and did not bother with the Xbox Live thing because no internet and never internet and also it wasn't my Xbox so what's the point. But since that time I've played so many games on it and I've been told that if I want to use Xbox Live I have to make a new profile and start from scratch. I am hoping I was told wrong. Because I want to use Xbox Live and a lot of pretty cool games let me import saves and stuff like that so I don't want to start all over. Was I told wrong? IS THIS POSSIBLE?

:(

NorthernChaosGod
02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Who told you that? That doesn't sound right at all.

Did you want to upgrade to an Xbox Live Gold account or were you just looking to connect for free to be able to get DLC and the like? You should just be able to connect without issue unless you want to access something that is Gold only.

Shiny
02-18-2012, 08:08 AM
You can get Gold membership on the profile you have now. You will not have to make a new one.

Jessweeee♪
02-18-2012, 08:59 PM
No, not gold. Just a plain ol' regular one. Like, I have no Xbox Live profile. I just have a gamer profile with no Xbox Live account.

G13
02-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Connect to the internet and try to log into Live. It should prompt you to make that account your Live account. You'll probably have to change the account name.

Jiro
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Yeah you will probably be prompted with all sorts of things that will make you feel like you're starting from scratch but it's all a trick.

Jessweeee♪
03-30-2012, 04:30 PM
If anyone cares to know, I did have to make a new profile :P

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Tell Microsoft they suck bollocks then