PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite part.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2012, 12:50 AM
What's your favourite part of the game? Mine is the beginning. And the middle and the en-no, Arthur, no!

Dali remains one of my favourite locations in gaming, and that whole bit about the journey to Lindblum is fantastic. Similarly, I love the Treno - Alexandria arc, as I find it really tense. Probably the most exhilarating part for me. I love all the sneaking around through ancient routes stuff, and Gargan Roo was always a good time. Oh! And when you finally get through Fossil Roo and come out onto the Outer Continent! The Mist Continent is introduced as the place where everyone lives, and getting onto the Outer Continent for the first time gave me this great sense of adventure and exploring the unknown. Visiting Conde Petie and discovering the Black Mage Village was a brilliant part, as it always feels so unknown. You find yourself outside of your comfort zone in a sense, being completely oblivious to every aspect of this hitherto unknown land.

I think I may have stretched the definition of "favourite part" well beyond its breaking point, but the damage is done now. Discuss your favourites, and if you can figure out why you like them, let us know! I just noticed that the bits I remember most fondly are all about exploration, with very little concern for the action or even the plot.

Rantz
02-18-2012, 01:01 AM
There's lots of great parts, but the beginning is my very favourite as well. Everything from stealing the Mage Masher from Baku (it seems like the dumbest thing, but something about getting a weapon upgrade in the first fight just feels awesome) and treasure-hunting with Vivi in Alexandria, to defeating the Black Waltzes (after picking them clean of weapons and equipment, of course!). It's just brilliantly paced and directed.

Quindiana Jones
02-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Haha yeah, Cinna was so useless. xD

Tigmafuzz
02-18-2012, 01:26 AM
I like the part where - EVERYTHING. Just... everything.

FFIX Choco Boy
02-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Oleivert, because that was where the story finally surpassed Chocobo Hot and Cold in its awesomeness. I just always feel so compelled to beat the game after I get there, like it's just pulling me on.

Hollycat
02-18-2012, 05:18 AM
I like the part where Zidane grabs Garnet's booty.

Ooh, soft.

Jiro
02-18-2012, 06:46 AM
It would be easier if I told you what I didn't like.

Nothing.

Freya
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM
The beginning disc. Well like Dali, the black waltz are still my fav baddies so that whole thing was just, awesome. When Vivi was like "whoooa wtf who are these guys, why do they look like me, why wont they talk to me." Then Black Waltz 3 comes in and fucks shit up and they defend Vivi without a word. I love it.

blackmage_nuke
02-18-2012, 09:09 PM
The part where I got to play as Steiner and Beatrix was pretty cool

Gamblet
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
The part in Pandemonium when Zidane goes nuts.

Sephex
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't really have a favorite part, but I love the feeling I get when you first go to that ancient summoning place with all the murals. It's been awhile since I have played this one, and the name escapes me at the moment.

Gamblet
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't really have a favorite part, but I love the feeling I get when you first go to that ancient summoning place with all the murals. It's been awhile since I have played this one, and the name escapes me at the moment.

Eidolon Wall at Madain Sari.

Sephex
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
That's it, thank you!

darkmagus206
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
There are a lot of amazing parts like Bahamut vs Alexander, the Black Waltz 3 chase, the ending etc. but my favorite part has to be the 'You're Not Alone!' part. Amazing.

silentenigma
03-05-2012, 04:02 AM
any time Quina speaks

Jinx
03-05-2012, 07:51 PM
^Haha, right?

My favorite had to be from when you leave Lindblum the first time until you meet Eiko. That stretch of game is AMAZING.