PDA

View Full Version : Here. This is my only other controller.

Sephex
02-21-2012, 03:20 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/playstation2-ninja20controller.jpg

This thread is about crappy controllers that you may had to deal with because of a friend giving you a shoddy third party controller that was gifted by a relative (or maybe the controller was gifted to you)!

A friend of mine actually had this N64 controller. It sucked, but mainly because of how easily it fell apart. Oh, AND IT WAS AWKWARD TO USE!
http://jonjandran.com/pics/jonjandran/superpad64gc3.JPG

Also, comic I found on this serious issue: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1273358872755.jpg

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2012, 03:33 AM
For the past few years every controller I've owned has at least one analog stick that sticks in one direction every now and then. The PS2 controllers had aged quite a bit, but what's the excuse for my new ones? Not all of them are third party!

Tigmafuzz
02-21-2012, 03:53 AM
I can't think of any time like that. All my friends took good care of their games, consoles, controllers, and most of their other personal property.

Although I did use an awesome DBZ PS3 controller at one of my friends' houses when we were taking turns playing Katamari Forever.

Del Murder
02-21-2012, 05:26 AM
The B button on all our N64 controllers gave out one by one. It still worked, but it didn't click, so you couldn't really tell when it was pressed and when it wasn't. So we would have fights in our house over who got to use the last working controller when we played Mario Party or Smash Bros.

G13
02-21-2012, 05:36 AM
A friend gave me his old Super Nintendo for Christmas a few years ago and the only controller that came with it had a broken D-pad. It actually worked alright except for the right side of it, which would have been fine if the only game he gave me with it wasn't Yoshi's Island. I kind of needed that button to move, dammit! :argh:

I finally figured out that if I pressed really hard I could progress the game, but after a few levels I decided carpal tunnel wasn't worth it.

Shlup
02-21-2012, 06:05 AM
I've never used a third-party controller. All of my controllers for every console I own works fine.

My favorite controller, of course, is my gold Zelda Wii+ remote.

Værn
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Most of my friends are primarily PC gamers, but I have my share of bad controllers. My selection of Gamecube controllers, for example, consists of the following:

One good controller
One controller with a loose analog stick
One controller with a screwed up analog stick that always registers as being held down (forcing whoever is using it to run backwards, or to crouch and be unable to jump if we're playing Smash Bros)
One controller with sticky buttons from having something spilled on it
One with a messed up vibrate-y thing that screeches whenever it's supposed to shake (though it works just fine, besides sounding like it's possessed)

I now want my possessed controller to look like the one pictured in the original post.

Bolivar
02-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I've had a couple Mad Catz over the years and while I like how they handle, they definitely all go bad over time. My recent one got rendered incompatible by a PS3 firmware update. I know that's Sony's fault, but it seems inexcusable on both parts. I don't know why they wouldn't have a contract provision that the peripheral will work with all future updates.

I've had problems with official Sony ones as well. My favorite PS2 controller feels like there's syrup all over the analog sticks. Another one has a faulty R2 I think. And my original Sixaxis that came with my PS3 has sticks that are creaky, so they won't move as smooth as a new controller and sometimes will be stuck tilted a bit if left idle.

But my DualShock 3 is going on its fourth year and it's pretty much the same as when I got it new. I've actually been impressed with that one.

DMKA
02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I can honestly say that I've never owned or even used a third party controller.

Del Murder
02-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I've had problems with official Sony ones as well. My favorite PS2 controller feels like there's syrup all over the analog sticks.
I have that too. What's up with that?

Sephex
02-21-2012, 05:48 PM
I've had problems with official Sony ones as well. My favorite PS2 controller feels like there's syrup all over the analog sticks.
I have that too. What's up with that?

Too much dust after leaving it alone for awhile? I get that feeling as well.

Jessweeee♪
02-21-2012, 05:49 PM
That seems to happen when they get dusty for some reason. Just wash them with a damp paper towel!

Bolivar
02-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Weird some of us all had that... I might have to try washing it a bit with that towel trick Jess mentioned.

Loony BoB
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I remember using one for the Mega Drive (aka Genesis) and it was awesome because it had more buttons and they worked and did things. I was instantly impressed and ruled the fighter game world for about ten minutes until I had to switch controllers with the other guy and then he ruled the world for ten minutes.

Bubba
02-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Worst controller ever.

I remember watching my friend play Tomb Raider when it first came out for the PS1. I asked him if I could have a go and he said no as it was only one player.

He did pass me a coconut so I could pretend I was playing...