PDA

View Full Version : Behold His Mighty Gunblade!

Forsaken Lover
02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
So a guy was asking on Spoony's forums about which FF had you kill god. (the answer was FF Legends which isn't even a real FF title but whatever) This got me thinking about how you do in fact beat God of Magic Kefka as well as "a" god in Venat in FFXII.

The closest thing to G-O-D God was Ultimecia who was literally absorbing the universe.

Then some teenagers killed her with nunchaku, a rifle and a crossbow thingy. Because, ya know, stars and galaxies are nothing compared to those things.

My point is our brave band of heroes should have gotten their teeth kicked in time and time gain. From a story perspective, they are lucky to be even mildly superhuman and they certainly have no right in beating gods or god-like entities.

So, to the matter at hand. Which final bosses do you think the heroes could legitimately defeat?

So far I have Zeromus and..Zeromus. He was just an evil mage and the Crystal scewed him up as soon as the fight started.

Trance Kuja might qualify but then again he actually drew with the heroes so he doesn't even count.

Gamblet
02-21-2012, 11:27 AM
I think Exdeath

ShinGundam
02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Hmm... Maybe Vegnagun from X-2.

VeloZer0
02-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I thin kit is important to remember that just because something has a massive amount of power doesn't equate to them being invulnerable. The President of the USA has the power to unleash a nuclear arsenal to wipe most of the life off of the planet earth , yet could be killed by a humble bee sting to the inside of the windpipe.

I was always under the impression that the party could never hope to match the power of the final bosses, but were able to kill them in a very specific circumstance when they fought.

Jiro
02-21-2012, 05:30 PM
The powers of the GFs made the party in FF8 something akin to gods anyway. That's irrespective of the fact that they some kind of time travelling crazies.

Sephex
02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I always assumed whatever system was set in place is what made the heroes invulnerable to being completely squashed by a super powered bad dude of any sort. Plus, it goes without saying that a video game where you can't beat the final boss would be very unsatisfying.

But I'll play along.

I will go with Zemus, before his transformation into Zeromus. Maybe Kefka if they used stealth or a super weapon on the tower.

Mercen-X
02-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Well, spoken, despite players challenging each other to ditch the schematics in order to make subsequent playthroughs tougher, the canon storyline would have Squall 'n' co. junctioning Eidolons to the point of ridiculosity and Cloud's crew would be sporting the best materia they could acquire without venturing far out of the way on Chocoback. The premise of junctioning Eidolons supports the idea of being able to usurp the very power of a "god-like" entity as the sorceress. The premise of equipping materia grounds the idea of being empowered by the Planet itself against a powerful creature like Sephiroth or Jenova or its own WEAPONS. Truth be told though, I don't really remember much about IX and still really don't understand how Trance exists.

Del Murder
02-23-2012, 03:59 AM
Chaos didn't seem like he was all that. Also Exdeath. He was a tree. Just chop him down!

Christmas
05-10-2022, 11:52 AM
FFX. The name of the religion is Yevon and the final boss is Yevon itself!