PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls:Arena - help?

nik0tine
02-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Has anyone played this game? I'm surprised to say that I'm finding it somewhat decent. It's currently the 13th of frostfall and I am busy robbing the houses of Seaspring in Blackmarsh hoping to finding magical equipment, since I can get them evaluated today for free. For the record, I really love the music that plays when you break into a house. Makes me feel like a true prowler.

However, there is so much to this game that I cannot seem to figure out. For example, how do I use potions? I see them in my inventory, but they are red and 'cannot be equipped'. I am an Argonian Sorceror; could it be that my class prevents me from using potions?
When I go to the equipment screen, there are a bunch of numbers surrounding my body. Obviously, these are my stats but what it is not obvious to me is if a negative number or a positive number is ideal. I have just discovered that right clicking on an item in your inventory will tell you it's effect on your AR stat (presumably armor) and it appears as if a negative number is what I am looking for but it still seems counter-intuitive and vague. For those who have played, what can you tell me about the equipment system?
Finally, is there anything I should know as an Argonian sorceror? Currently I am having a rather tough time regenerating magicka (I am level 6). The city I am currently in, Seaspring, apparently does not have any restore magicka potions for sale. I have purchased a customized spell that deal area damage and will restore my mana if it hits me, but so far I have only been able to get it to restore the exact amount that was casted. How does the sorceror manage in this game?

I will update this thread with any questions that I have but information on this game is severely lacking so if you know anything essential regarding Arenas mysterious gameplay please clue me in.

Hollycat
02-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I've never even made it out of the first dungeon. the goblins trap me in water every time.

Meat Puppet
04-28-2012, 05:08 AM
It's been a long time since I've played Arena (I prefer the superior Daggerfall), and when I did, I played the Nordic easy mode. However, I managed to beat the game a couple of times, and for I resource I used only this: Arena:Arena - UESPWiki (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Arena)
You shouldn't find any spoilers if you avoid the Quest sections.