PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on your shoes

starlet
02-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Why? Because shirts, watches and underpants have all been covered :kakapo:

I wear a crappy old smelly pair of skater shoes to work every day (they smell cause they get wet 8 hours a day don't judge me D:) and I have a pair of vans for outside of work. I also have some black mid-calf scrunchy boots with no heel, a couple pairs of heels (nude and black), some biker-looking heels and I have theseeBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (http://www.ebay.com/itm/320845535033?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_2676wt_952) coming in the mail in black. I can't wait, they'll probably replace my vans.

Pike
02-23-2012, 02:40 AM
I have a nice pair of black workboot-type shoes that I wear for about five or six years until the soles break and my socks start getting wet. Then I replace them with the exact same type of shoe. I'm on my third set.

It's the only pair of shoes I own :3

Sephex
02-23-2012, 02:50 AM
I have some all black shoes that I don't know the brand name of. They look nondescript, I would say. Like I am going to sneak somewhere or something.

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2012, 04:23 AM
I have a pair of cowboy workboots I love like family and wear a lot. I have the "swamp shoes" that are 6 or 7 years old and smell like swamp. I don't know why, I do know they're comfy as heck. I have two pairs of dress heels and a pair of dress flats, all black. I have some slippers. Those are the shoes I have here.

In storage I have a pair of stiletto slingbacks, 5 inch red patent leather platforms, platform black suede boots, brown leather high heeled boots.... and a huge assortment of girl shoes I never wear. Because I suck. Man I want my shoes.

Tigmafuzz
02-23-2012, 04:39 AM
I wear dolphin skin spread over a hand-carved moccasin on one foot and the other foot gets the pleasure of wearing a chain-link sock with a dryer sheet.

blackmage_nuke
02-23-2012, 06:35 AM
I have 3 pairs of shoes and it bothers me that i have more than 2 as all stand up comedias will tell you is the accepted average for males.

I have a formal/business pair
a casual pair
and a pair of workboots I wear when it rains and I dont want to wear my casuals so they can last longer

NorthernChaosGod
02-23-2012, 07:06 AM
I have three pairs that I wear regularly. I have two pairs of Creative Recreations, one pair of boots and another of "basketball" shoes. I have a pair of Vans that I wear to work out.

Pheesh
02-23-2012, 12:30 PM
My good shoes (http://www.juice.ph/cms_images/1810/skate_shoes1.jpg) and my every day shoes (http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/54/e/AAAADHxFEVsAAAAAAFTlMQ.jpg?v=1245269689000).

I also have a pair of Nike Shox basketball shoes which I rarely wear anymore, some generic dress shoes and my steel caps for work.

Jiro
02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
...I don't have time. I own 12 or more shoes. Maybe more now. Oh goodness.

Shattered Dreamer
02-23-2012, 05:35 PM
I have an every day pair of black generic men's shoes, my gym sneakers/runners/trainers & my low top Converse. I prefer wearing Converse to any other pair of shoes, so comfortable!

Peegee
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
my dress shoes cost 6$ (USD)
but I wear a pair of steel toed winter work boots. they're awesome.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I have some grey New Balances that make me a boring white guy, but they're comfortable. I have some black Puma's that look nice, but aren't as comfortable. I got those when I bought the New Balance's. Buy one pair, get another free special.

I have a "beat to hell" pair of brown, steel toed work boots that my girlfriend thinks are just the best shoes ever. I spend half my life in those things, so they're broken in nicely.

As far as weird/unusual shoes, I have my AlpineStars (http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/Alpinestars-Boots-Men/Alpinestars-Boots-Alpinestars-S-MX-5-Boots-Black-WP) for the motorcycle, and my G-Forces (http://www.gforce.com/products/footwear/0235.php) as part of my racing driver's suit.

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
I hate hate hate shoe shopping. I can't find any "nice" shoes that go with all of my "nice" outfits and don't destroy my feet. I don't want to have twelve pairs of shoes! I only need four, and NO HEELS.

1. Slip-on sandals that are comfortable for all day every day use and look nice with my casual skirts
2. Tennis shoes for jogging or walking on the sea wall
3. A pretty pair of boots that look great in jeans but can also be worn comfortably all day.
4. Nice shoes for business-casual wear that can be worn comfortably all day. Secretaries do a lot of going back and fourth around town!

I am missing #3 and #4 right now. I had the best boots. They were inexpensive, pretty, comfortable, and very durable, but they finally fell apart when I went to college. The school was built on a fault line, so all of the hills just tore them up after living on campus for a semester.

Psychotic
02-23-2012, 06:27 PM
1. Generic black and white low top converses.
2. Generic black work shoes.

I am so boring when it comes to shoes.

Aydin
02-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I have the best shoes ever!! (Will post a picture of it later)

It's RAINBOW VANS!!! <3

Pumpkin
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I have a "beat to hell" pair of brown, steel toed work boots that my girlfriend thinks are just the best shoes ever.

Because they are!

I have a pair of platform sandals (black), a pair of pumps (black), and a pair of suede boots (black), all of which make me about 4 inches taller.

I also have two pairs of running shoes (black), and a pair of beat up winter boots (black), because the rest of my footwear isn't very comfortable.

CimminyCricket
02-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I wear skater shoes because I like how comfortable they are when I first get them and then later I hate how much they make my heels hurt.

leader of mortals
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I have all-black, extra-wide New Balance walking shoes because I walk, and I have wide feet. When the soles break on them, I get the same shoes. I'm on my third or fourth pair. It's the only pair of shoes I own.

I have a nice pair of black workboot-type shoes that I wear for about five or six years until the soles break and my socks start getting wet. Then I replace them with the exact same type of shoe. I'm on my third set.

Oh Hai :D

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2012, 07:25 PM
These are my shoes, New Balance Minimus Life:

http://birthdayshoes.com/media/blogs/bdayshoes/2011_photos/NBMinimusLife/.evocache/NBMinimusLife03.jpg/fit-640x480.jpg

I currently only have this pair of shoes for remotely real life. They say they are not for running but fuck that. I sprint in this stuff just fine and handle all the stupidity that I bring to life through my animated world.

I have a nice dress pair that I wear about once a year. My other dress shoes that I use to wear to work were a pair of Dockers that I loved but they wore down fast and I need to get them repaired. I am in no rush though.

Yeargdribble
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
I usually have one pair of primary shoes at a time. It's usually something like Vans or a knock-off version if they are comfortable and look good. I just prefer the wider build of the shoe for my foot. I also have to use heel cups to keep away the plantar fasciitis I'm prone to.

I also have have some very old dress shoes in black and brown, but since my every day shoes are solid black I can usually get away with wearing them to most things I do and prefer to because they are more comfortable on my feet.

I do have some older ones that I throw on for yard work and some flip-flips I'll wear if I just need something to throw on my feet for a few moments.

Jessweeee♪
02-23-2012, 08:15 PM
omg ed those look so comfortable. I must see if they come in women's sizes when its time to replace my shoes.

Agent Proto
02-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I own two pairs of shoes. One is a pair of Carson suede slippers which I wear almost anywhere because they're very comfortable and I can wear them indoors. Another is black Propet LifeWalker with straps. They look nice so I wear them if I'm going out or want to look nice. That isn't very often though.

Shiny
02-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I have lots of heels that I have amassed over the years for different occasions where I've matched the shoes with the dress so those are all different colors. As for boots, I own I think about four pairs, two pairs are from Aldo, another from Steve Madden, and the newest pair are from Urban Outfitters. The later, isn't really that greatly made imo. Aldo shoes are fantastic though. They're always so comfy, stylish, and durable. I usually get their shoes in black. I also own two pairs of rain boots, and a few pairs of sneakers (Converse All Stars, Nike, and Reebok).

escobert
02-23-2012, 11:44 PM
I always wear sneakers. I love Nike Skeets. I also have a pair of blue timbs I wear once in awhile but hardly ever.

Bunny
02-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I own two pairs of shoes: a pair of ordinary black Vans that I have had for going on four years and are still in wearable condition and a pair of dark brown dress shoes that I never wear because I avoid going to places that require dress shoes.

Pike
02-24-2012, 02:58 AM
I have all-black, extra-wide New Balance walking shoes because I walk, and I have wide feet. When the soles break on them, I get the same shoes. I'm on my third or fourth pair. It's the only pair of shoes I own.

Oh Hai :D

MAXIMUM BROFIST.

edczxcvbnm
02-24-2012, 05:00 AM
omg ed those look so comfortable. I must see if they come in women's sizes when its time to replace my shoes.

They are very comfortable. I had a problem and had to have them replaced. The sole on the inside of the life is slightly padded (unlike the rest of the minimus line) and it rocks. Plus no laces is always a win. The only thing that sucks (but I am use to it from my last pair of shoes) is that rain and snow seep through the mesh like I decided to swim in my shoes :P

These shoes are not cheap (or I don't think they are cheap). But considering I pretty much wear just one pair of shoes I decided to go with this minimus life style of shoe as the whole concept behind it has intrigued me for years and I will not go back now.

Also, because I was use to wearing sneakers with a bigger heal to toes drop, my calfs were hurting for a couple of weeks >.> They do warn of this.

Edit: I think I mention that these are meant for every day use and not working out or running or anything. They have a bit of a loose feel to them. I am very use to that sort of feel and probably have a lot of natural movement that compensates for the some what loose but snug feel to these shoes. I tried the other types of their minumus line but they were all way too tight and snug and were annoying the hell out of me XD Plus that had those evil laces :o

DK
02-24-2012, 06:05 AM
These are my current kicks:

http://www.routeone.co.uk/Assets/RouteOne/products/6/2/1/62153_p.jpg

and I love them very much. I've had some sort of pair of similar style skate shoes going on for the past 10 years really, for some reason I'm really into shoes that have weird ass designs or patterns on them like these do. before these I had some with some viking skeleton shooting lightning out of its face and I had some grafitti style ones before that too. idk why, that's just my thing. I like hi-top skate shoes more than anything as well, I like the style of skate shoes and find them more comfortable than anything else. other than that I've got a pair of worn out red converse knocking about somewhere, some steel toe cap boots and a dodgy pair of loafers that only get worn at formal functions.

Iceglow
02-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I own several pairs of shoes it would seem. Some I wear only for certain occasions others all the time.

First up lets get it out of the way, yes. I do indeed own a pair of cowboy boots. They're Sancho's and they cost me a lot however they are designed more as biker boots than the traditional cowboy boot. As seen in the below image:

http://fr.vivat.be/images/Sancho%20Boots%202.jpg

These are comfy as heck once broken in however I cannot wear them at this time since I need to get them re-heeled/soled so that I don't damage the wooden soles.

Second of all I have black high-top converse all stars:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/co/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-hi-top-trainer-in.jpg

these I wear pretty much whenever, I have usually always got a pair of these hanging around in my house. They're comfy and they're nice to wear when heading out dancing since they provide better grip on the dance floor and if some idiot spills a drink on them it's generally a) not going to show and b) not hard to get clean again.

I have my "gym" trainers, they're not super expensive I don't see the point in these having to cost a fortune like some people the constant exercise will generally
wreck them anyhow I got them in a sale at Sports Direct down from £49.99 to £24.99 which I considered a bargain. They're super comfy and fast becoming what is generally seen on my feet. This is because in part the comfort of them and in part the fact that they 1) look good (at the moment at least) and 2) I try to go gym every day possible. They're Karrimor Trail running shoes and look like this:

http://images.karrimor.com/images/products/21308402_l.jpg

I also have my "suit shoes" which are generic black loafers which look alright on me but I will only generally wear them if 1) I have no choice or 2) I am going to a formal wear occasion. The only other footwear I have is a pair of black coral reef shoes from when I went to Egypt and stayed in a hotel on the Red Sea. They're basically wetsuit material with a heavy rubber sole. They're useful though as coral will generally infect you with some nasty stuff if you cut your foot open on it. As I discovered on holiday.

Shiny
02-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Those look like women's riding boots. The fact that you know what brand they are makes it extra gay.

Freya
02-25-2012, 04:32 PM
I need new shoes. I've been wearing the same pair of vans since I was 14. They need to be retired :(

I Took the Red Pill
02-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Been wearing the same black Nike 6.0's with a white swoosh since 2009. They are a steadfast friend.

Iceglow
02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Those look like women's riding boots. The fact that you know what brand they are makes it extra gay.

Shiny I make it a personal note to know what brand anything what costs over £100 is when it comes to clothing/shoes. Considering these boots cost me £140 and that was with a £80 saving on them, I know what brand they are.

Sancho's are also one of the worlds biggest cowboy boot makers.

I have seen my boots (and the female equivalent boot) on women and I'm not gonna lie, it was hot stuff.

Værn
02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I wear Adidas Sambas. Whenever they start getting worn out, I get the same shoes.
One of my brothers wears Adidas Sambas. Whenever they start getting worn out, he gets the same shoes.
My brother and I wear the same size shoes. There's a large quantity of exactly identical shoes around here.

Pheesh
02-26-2012, 02:11 PM

Shiny I make it a personal note to know what brand anything what costs over £100 is when it comes to clothing/shoes. Considering these boots cost me £140 and that was with a £80 saving on them, I know what brand they are.

I have seen my boots (and the female equivalent boot) on women and I'm not gonna lie, it was hot stuff.

You paid £140 for girl's boots?

ReloadPsi
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Skate shoes almost all the time, trainers when I go for a run, black work boots as and when I feel like buying and owning a pair.

Shiny
02-27-2012, 12:09 AM

I understand, but unless you own a horse there is no reason to pay that much money for those boots. You mind as well purchase yourself a murse to go along with your woman's riding boots.

Iceglow
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
they're not women's boots, 1) the womens boots have a narrower toe and bigger heel. 2) the women's style doesn't go up to my uk mens size 9's 3) your trolling just got defeated by my logic. I'll grant the riding boot comment since they are after all cowboy boots.

NorthernChaosGod
02-27-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think you understand trolling.

Iceglow
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM

I don't think you understand why your mom keeps coming back for more.

Psychotic
02-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I think you guys are being extremely bigoted and narrow-minded. If a man wants to wear women's boots, so what? It's 2012. Get with the program.

Steve, you're beautiful just the way you are. Don't let them bring you down. You just be yourself, honey. :)

Jessweeee♪
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Those are not cowboy boots. I hate it when I wear ladyboots and someone refers to them as cowboy boots. These are cowboy boots:

http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2008/genuine-article/shop-cowboy-boots.jpg
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/26/2687/DOWUD00Z.jpg
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3017/3017,1106262281,1/stock-photo-cowboy-boots-108910.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2012, 01:07 AM

http://i43.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/o9lkiw.gif

Pheesh
02-28-2012, 02:44 AM
they're not women's boots, 1) the womens boots have a narrower toe and bigger heel. 2) the women's style doesn't go up to my uk mens size 9's 3) your trolling just got defeated by my logic. I'll grant the riding boot comment since they are after all cowboy boots.

I didn't think a bigger heel was possible, to be honest.

Iceglow
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM

http://i43.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/o9lkiw.gif

That I may be doing but if I'm beating a dead horse. Then surely your mom is the horse.