PDA

View Full Version : The Nibelheim Incident

Jiro
02-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Why did Sephiroth just kind of drop the Masamune after stabbing Mr Lockhart to death?

Sephex
02-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Joke answer: To taunt Tifa so they can have a dramatic slow-mo scene soon after.

Real answer: His mind was not in the right place, and I am guessing he was too excited with meeting Jenova.

VeloZer0
02-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Probably thought he was done with the need for human weapons.

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Because Sephiroth is a sexist asshole and thought that Tifa would know her place in society and stay out of mens business!

Another Question: How did Sephiroth survive a massive stab by the buster sword. That would have taken out 1/2 of his abdomen along with pretty much all internal organs. I would have though that would be like enough to cause death within seconds.

Jiro
02-23-2012, 10:48 PM
How the shit did Tifa survive the Masamune hitting her from point blank? That would've cleaved her in two at best. Sephiroth at least has the excuse of magical abdomen muscles.

Sephex
02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Because Sephiroth is a sexist asshole and thought that Tifa would know her place in society and stay out of mens business!

Another Question: How did Sephiroth survive a massive stab by the buster sword. That would have taken out 1/2 of his abdomen along with pretty much all internal organs. I would have though that would be like enough to cause death within seconds.

The Jenova cells.

How the tit did Tifa survive the Masamune hitting her from point blank? That would've cleaved her in two at best. Sephiroth at least has the excuse of magical abdomen muscles.

The Kung Fu cells.

Mercen-X
02-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Kung Fu genes from David Carradine.

SwordFox
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM

How the tit did Tifa survive the Masamune hitting her from point blank? That would've cleaved her in two at best. Sephiroth at least has the excuse of magical abdomen muscles.
They were both a giant troll directed at Aeris.

ReloadPsi
02-26-2012, 04:33 PM

They were both a giant troll directed at Aeris.

Best answer yet. I'd like to make this the explanation to why Zangan was able to repeatedly cast Cure on Tifa but they couldn't even attempt to use a Phoenix Down on Aeris.

VeloZer0
02-26-2012, 05:25 PM
If you want to get technical I think that the in game interpretation is that a Phoenix Down is only usable on enemies that are mortally wounded but not dead yet. Aries probably passed that threshold while they were fighting JENOVA.

But even then I don't really think factoring Phoenix Downs into the scenario is necessary. I could understand the confusion if Phoenix Downs ever appeared as part of the story, but I think it is obvious that they were just in battle items to enhance gameplay.