PDA

View Full Version : I gave blood today

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2012, 01:51 AM
Because people need it and if there's anything I'm good at it's laying around, bleeding and eating raisins.

Do you volunteer your time or yourself to things? What type of volunteer work have you done in the past? I've done a little of everything except disaster relief. I would like to do that someday.

Tell me about your voluntarism. Or your bloodgiving. Do not tell me about you vampirism. Because ew.

Sephex
02-28-2012, 01:56 AM
edczxcvbnm had an Eagle Scout project that myself and other friends of ours helped out on. We rebuilt dug outs for a little league field. Sadly, James Earl Jones did not come out of a cornfield.

Peegee
02-28-2012, 02:32 AM
What do you have against drawing blood from biting???

Anyway I give blood. I kinda stopped during the second half of 2011 but I started again in 2012. I still have to wait until I think either Mar or Apr before I can give again. I forget. I should check.

My blood type is A pos

Bunny
02-28-2012, 02:48 AM
I can't give blood.

Laddy
02-28-2012, 03:07 AM
I'd love for people to have me pumping through their veins!

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2012, 03:10 AM
I've given blood on several occasions because I'm nice like that. I don't think I can for a while anymore since I got my ears pierced. :p

Jiro
02-28-2012, 03:30 AM
I've done a buttload of volunteer work in the past. Bragging about it kind of ruins the goodwill though, so I won't tell you exactly how awesome I am. I can't donate blood because needles freak the fuck out of me and I am always sick/in need of my health within the timeframe that the folks roll up.

Mirage
02-28-2012, 03:31 AM
My cat drew blood from me once. Other than that, I usually help girls out with heavy manual labour that they can't do themselves, or just don't want to because I'm there. They usually give me food in return.

Pike
02-28-2012, 03:37 AM
Where are my B positive blood type bros at?

Anyways I tend to get really light-headed if I give blood so I don't do it. Unless it's at the doctor and they have to.

I volunteered at a food bank for a while because I had some friends who were doing it so I tagged along for a while. Mostly I just remember putting scoops of dog food into little plastic baggies.

I haven't done anything like that since then. However, I have been known to toss Child's Play Charity $5 via my cell phone if I've been playing a really good game lately and I remember just how much I fecking love video games and how much sick kids should have them too.

Shlup
02-28-2012, 03:42 AM
The blood bank is full of jerkstores. I'm nice to them when they call me because they're jerkstores for a noble cause, but they keep calling me to tell me a baby will die without me, and I tell them I moved, so they ask for my new address, but I tell them to please just take me off the list because I don't need to be called every other week, so they say okay, and then two weeks later they call me again. From the same blood bank two hours away from me.

My favorite volunteer experience was the Special Olympics. It was oodles of fun!

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2012, 03:43 AM
You can, JuliRiv. They ask you about it and I told them about my dermal anchor. All the nurse said was "Was it a sterile procedure?" and I said yep.

Pike
02-28-2012, 03:48 AM
Wait, I just remembered volunteering for this thing at school which was like... some sort of mini-Olympics thing. My job was to take race results to some person somewhere who was keeping track. Once I took it to the wrong person and the whole thing got delayed by like a half hour.

Yeeeeah.

rubah
02-28-2012, 03:50 AM
The blood bank is full of jerkstores. I'm nice to them when they call me because they're jerkstores for a noble cause, but they keep calling me to tell me a baby will die without me, and I tell them I moved, so they ask for my new address, but I tell them to please just take me off the list because I don't need to be called every other week, so they say okay, and then two weeks later they call me again. From the same blood bank two hours away from me.

Tell them you had sex with Laddy worked for me!

Jiro
02-28-2012, 03:55 AM
Tell them you went to the UK. All of those fuckers have mad cow disease.

Freya
02-28-2012, 04:06 AM
I do a lot of charity stuff with kids. Haven't so much lately but I use to do stuff.

Mirage
02-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Just say you contracted AIDS, shlup. Or Hepatitis-someletter.

Tigmafuzz
02-28-2012, 04:47 AM
I'd love for people to have me pumping through their veins!

So many ways to go with this.

Sex jokes, creepy jokes, fetish about being a liquid...

I'm going to take the high road here, and go with a gay joke.

On me.

"I'd like something else of yours going through me."

Yar
02-28-2012, 05:21 AM
My blood is A negative. Finding this out made me sad because my whole life I've always tried my hardest but can never do better than an A-.

I do volunteer work sometimes, but not voluntarily. I'm usually coerced into it via guilt, blackmail, etc.

Pike
02-28-2012, 05:31 AM
I feel compelled to tell you all that I had this thread open in a tab while doing something else, and I looked over and the tab said "I gave blo..." and my mind filled it in and I was kind of perplexed for a few seconds

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2012, 07:59 AM
You can, JuliRiv. They ask you about it and I told them about my dermal anchor. All the nurse said was "Was it a sterile procedure?" and I said yep.
My friend got turned away after getting her septum pierced. o_O

Shlup
02-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Tell them you had sex with Laddy worked for me!
Seriously. That form pisses me off. "Are you a gay? Have you had sex with a gay? What about someone you think might be a gay? Could you have come into contact with a gay at the grocery store?"

As long as they give me my juice boxes.

Sephex
02-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I feel compelled to tell you all that I had this thread open in a tab while doing something else, and I looked over and the tab said "I gave blo..." and my mind filled it in and I was kind of perplexed for a few seconds

That would explain why my dad kept glancing at my laptop when visiting my parent's house last night.

Loony BoB
02-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I did it way back when I was a kid but since I turned around 13 or so, I've not been able to because they tell me I'm too light to do so. D=

Jiro
02-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah you are pretty underweight BoB. Come to america, I'm packing on the kilos.

Hollycat
02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm very happy to say my volunteering history is one of two reasons I could go to any college I wanted.
I have over 2000 hours of volunteer work. I teach VBS every year, I give blood three times a year, I help at shelters, I taught remedial classes in high school, and volunteered at a hospital for a year.

Peegee
02-28-2012, 06:56 PM
A lot of my american friends cannot give blood for various reasons (sometimes sexual)

i just tell them all to lie but half of them have a valid reason not to lie. The other half are lazy and selfish

Just because you visited norway doesn't mean you can't lie about it.

Jeg er PG. ASL?

fire_of_avalon
02-29-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I did it way back when I was a kid but since I turned around 13 or so, I've not been able to because they tell me I'm too light to do so. D=
there is no way you donated blood before you were 13. The Red cross doesn't even let you until you're 17.

Tigmafuzz
02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe somebody in an alley took some blood from him and told him it was for donation.

Pike
02-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Maybe they're just desperate down there in Kiwiland.

Shiny
02-29-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't actually know what my blood type is, but I did give a crap load if recently. In terms of volunteer work, I'm not going to name it all, but I did volunteer for food drive before. It was rewarding in many ways.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2012, 01:48 AM
Shiny if you donated through the red cross they can tell you.

ReloadPsi
03-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Because people need it and if there's anything I'm good at it's laying around, bleeding and eating raisins.

Do you volunteer your time or yourself to things? What type of volunteer work have you done in the past? I've done a little of everything except disaster relief. I would like to do that someday.

Tell me about your voluntarism. Or your bloodgiving. Do not tell me about you vampirism. Because ew.

Very jealous of you, I am. I can never give blood because the second the guys are in town, up comes my cold sore. I know I'm a little scared of needles but bugger me, that's one heck of an involuntary reflex :(