PDA

View Full Version : Games that you need to finish

leader of mortals
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
We have all had this happen, I'm sure. We are playing a game, and something interrupts us for a while. Maybe it's school, maybe it's work, or maybe it's another game, but we always say, in the back of our minds, that we will get back to it, and sometimes, we never do.

That's where this thread comes in! Rack your brain, everyone, and think of all the games that you still need to finish! Here's mine:

Persona 3: FES (The Answer)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Infamous
Psychonauts
Golden Sun 3
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Final Fantasy 8
The Last Remnant
Grand Theft Auto 4

That's all I can think of right now. How about you guys?

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Skyrim (probably doesn't count since I still play it)

I started up runs of Xenogears, Banjo-Kazooie, and Earthbound at various points in the past year and never finished them though.

Sephex
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
More like games you need to finish AND games you have yet to start.

Being an adult sucks.

Del Murder
02-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Good thread. I always have a couple of these. Games I play to the end and for some reason get distracted before I beat the final boss. Ones that come to mind are:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
Dragon Quest IX (DS)
Tactics Ogre (PSP) (second playthrough)

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Skyrim. It's not very good at holding my interest.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2012, 05:57 PM
To make this list a bit shorter for me, I'm restricting this to "new" games I have never beaten before and games I have actually started so I have a save file somewhere.

SNES
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia

Playstation
Arc the Lad III
Silhouette Mirage

GBA
Sword of Mana
Shin Megami Tensei DemiKids: Dark Version

DS
Phoenix Wright
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Sky

PSP
Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Persona 3 Portable
Assassins Creed Bloodlines

PS2
Shinobi
Chulips
Lupin the III: Treasure of the Sorcerer King
Suikoden Tactics
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1
Shadow Hearts
Steambot Chronicles
Front Mission 4
Zone of the Enders
Space Channel 5 Special Edition
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

PS3
Fallout 3
Valkyria Chronicles
Little Big Planet
God of War Collection
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Demon's Souls
Mirror's Edge
El Shaddai: Tale of the Metatron
Devil May Cry 4
Penny Arcade: On the Rainslick Precepts of Darkness
Scott Pilgrim Vs the World: The Game

Wii
Mad World
Fragile Dreams
Mario Galaxy
Skies of Arcadia (GC)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Phantasy Star
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Not as bad as I thought, but this list balloons when I add the games I haven't even had the chance to start...

Sephex
02-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Skyrim. It's not very good at holding my interest.

I half agree with that.

I also realize I didn't list any. I will list the ones I hope to finish or start soon. I am finally playing Arkham City, for instance.

*Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii)
*Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii)
*Dead Space (360)
*Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
*A bunch of games that I got through various sales on Steam

Jiro
02-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh god like every game ever. I mean maybe I could cut it by games that aren't really that good/great/fun but I still feel compelled to finish most of them anyway. Just have to wait until I get back home and it's holidays.

I think once I graduate I am going to play games for a year. I don't know how I'll survive but I'm just gonna do it.

edczxcvbnm
02-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I have to play Digital Devil Saga 2 (I beat the first one).

Then uuuhhh...I got Tomb Raider Chronicles or something. At this point fuck that game. I am never gonna play it.

I have like 7 Wii games that I have not even bothered with but I just can't get into anything on the Wii. I admit that I have not tried very hard but it is so out of sight and out of mind. Maybe that is my problem. Put the games in plain sight along with the annoying controller.

I want to play through Carl of Duty: Black Cops as it looks stupid and thus fun (My mistake was thinking they were trying to be serious).

I am in the middle of a second playthrough of Tales of Vespiria and trying to get all of the achievements.

I am currently playing Picross 3D on the DS.

I guess I have a bunch of PSP games to play through as well. (METAL GEEEEAAAAAAR!)

I also have the entire tell tale collection to play through....sooooo FFFUUUUUU- ( I did actually play through quite a bit of these)

So what am I playing instead of all this crap? FFVII! Clearly I have my priorities straight! Then later on in the week instead of playing a good game I will play a completley shitty game with my friends called "Rock of the Dead". It is like typing of the dead but with Guitar Hero/Rock Band Guitars. YEAH!

I Took the Red Pill
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Persona 3: FES
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Beyond Good and Evil
Skyward Sword

Bolivar
02-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Been messing with a lot but the only game I really need to finish right now is Dragon Quest VI. I got second playthroughs of Tactics Ogre and Killzone 3 but I'm not in any rush with them.

VeloZer0
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Games that I feel bad for not finishing:

FF2 - I've never been particularly interested in this one, but I still want to finish it. Unfortunately my copy of the game keeps crashing at a certain point, and I haven't enjoyed it enough so far to start over on a different copy/medium

FF8 - I got all the way to the end and gave up because, well, I don't need to start a FF8 hate train here. But I regret having an entry in the series remain unbeaten.

Mega Man X6 & X7 - I am not particularly fond of these entries but as a MMX fan I feel obligated to finish them... some day.

A single Mega Man Classic game - Just one would do. :(

Games I have stopped playing but didn't decide to write off:
Prinny, Can I really be the hero?
Blue Dragon
Resonance of Fate
Phantom Brave
Penny-Arcade: OtRSPoD

And lets not get into the games that I have yet to start/get into, or even longer the ones I have written off....

Slothy
02-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Final Fantasy VI because apparently I spent all these years just reading the manual and really don't even know what the game is about. :D

But in seriousness, I've got a metric crap ton of games I need to beat someday.

3D Dot Game Heroes because it's awesome. Valkyria Chronicles and VC 2 for the same reason. Majora's Mask because, well, you know what I'm going to stop saying because games are awesome because really most of these are all awesome games I'll be listing. We'll toss in X-Com as well and Fallout and Fallout 2. Amnesia because I want to stop being a chicken. Dawn of War 2 because I hate myself.

But you know what, there's one game that stands out as not only a complete fucking travesty because I've never beaten it, but because I've tried, so very fucking hard: Persona 3. I've tried 3 times and never made it to the end. The first time I went away for school for a bit, forgot what happened and didn't want to just pick up where I left off. The second time, I got about as far, got busy with work, forgot what was going on and wanted to restart. The third time really hurt though. I restarted the game, made it easily twice as far as I ever had before. I was loving everything about it more than ever because I had a good handle on the story, knew the characters pretty well by this point and was having a grand time. Then FFXIII killed my PS3 and my save file was lost to me.

I'm going to restart it again soon, but I fully expect that this time my house will burn down around me because I refuse to leave before I'm done and they'll be prying the melted controller from my charred and corpsified hands.

Pike
02-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Okay so, three things before I launch into this:

a.) This doesn't include stuff I haven't touched,
b.) This doesn't include stuff I have no intention of going back to, and
c.) Yes I am AWFUL at finishing games. I'm that person who will dump hours and hours and HOURS into a game and not actually beat it. So a lot of this stuff I have actually played considerably, just not through to the end. xD

Alien Soldier
Alpha Protocol
Altered Beast
And Yet It Moves
Aquaria
Atom Zombie Smasher
Baldur's Gate 2
Banjo-Kazooie
Bastion
Battle for Wesnoth
Ben There, Dan That!
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Braid
Cave Story+
Cogs
Costume Quest
Crazy Taxi
Crusader Kings II (Yeah I still haven't played through a full game)
Darkest Hour (See the note for HoI 2)
DEFCON
Deus Ex
Dino D-Day
Dungeons of Dredmor
Ecco the Dolphin
Empire Earth
Empire: Total War
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout: New Vegas
Fate of the World
Final Fantasy 3 (and various other FFs)
Frozen Synapse
Gratuitous Space Battles
Greed Corp
Half-Life
Half-Life 2 (SHUT UP OKAY)
Hearts of Iron II (Still haven't played a game to end date because I'm terrible)
Hearts of Iron III (>implying :( But maybe I can talk myself into actually doing it)
Jagged Alliance 2
Jamestown
Jet Force Gemini
Machinarium
Medieval II: Total War
[INSERT A CRAPTON OF MARIO GAMES HERE]
Master of Orion
Master of Orion 2
Metal Gear Solid 3 (I got distracted by... something? This was too long ago)
Napoleon: Total War
NightSky
Planescape: Torment
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Emerald
Portal 2
Psychonauts
Red Faction
Revenge of the Titans
Ristar
Rome: Total War
Shadowgrounds
Shining Force
Sid Meier's Civilization: Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization V (If I can actually talk myself into it)
SimCity 4 (Maybe doesn't count but I at least want to paint a whole region)
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Generations
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Space Empires IV
Space Siege
Starcraft 2
Star Ruler
Super Meat Boy
The Binding Of Isaac
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Temple of Elemental Evil
Total War: SHOGUN 2
Trine
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Victoria II (I got distracted by CK2)
Voxatron
VVVVVV
World of Goo
X-COM: UFO Defense (Still haven't beaten it :-/ )

I'll uh, be coming back and editing this as I remember more.

Slothy
02-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Deus Ex
Half-Life
Half-Life 2 (SHUT UP OKAY)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (I got distracted by... something? This was too long ago)
Portal 2

I think we need to have a chat my dear... :roll2

X-COM: UFO Defense (Still haven't beaten it :-/ )

I don't think you beat X-Com. It beats you.

Psychonauts

I actually haven't beaten this either. I should get on that sometime.

Pike
02-29-2012, 02:51 AM
Don't worry, Deus Ex is waaaay up there toward the top of my list for "I really need to get around to beating this."

NorthernChaosGod
02-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Pike, dear, don't you spend tons of time on the vidya already? How is your list that long? :confused:

Pike
02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Partially because I tend to play the same game for months on end (See: 500 hours in Civ IV), and partially because I want to play ALL THE GAMES.

DMKA
02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
It's very, VERY rare that I get a game and don't finish it.

Owned, started, but not finished:
Borderlands
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy Tactics
L.A. Noire
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Prototype

Owned but not yet started:
Heavenly Sword
Jak III
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Bubba
02-29-2012, 06:58 PM
More like games you need to finish AND games you have yet to start.

Being an adult sucks.

Damn straight...

I want to play through Carl of Duty: Black Cops as it looks stupid and thus fun (My mistake was thinking they were trying to be serious).

Me and my mate blasted through this game as a tag team in one night to see if we could do it as I was heading back home the next day. I think we finished about 4.30am and I was up to catch my train at 7am. Not good. The game is worth a playthrough though.

So what am I playing instead of all this crap? FFVII! Clearly I have my priorities straight!

Hell yes! As well as the stupid amounts of games I need to get through I've also just started a FFVII play through. Sometimes the time just feels right...

FF2 - I've never been particularly interested in this one, but I still want to finish it. Unfortunately my copy of the game keeps crashing at a certain point, and I haven't enjoyed it enough so far to start over on a different copy/medium

I've got a version of FF1 & FF2 on my iPhone. I think they're considerably easier than the original versions but if youhave an iPhone it's perfect for travelling to/skiving off work.

Final Fantasy VI because apparently I spent all these years just reading the manual and really don't even know what the game is about. :D

My play through has slowed down considerably. Not because I wasn't enjoying it (it's awesome) but because there were other newer games distracting me. As a result I keep forgetting certain elements of the story. I think I've found most of my friends in the destroyed world now I just need to commit to finishing it!

krissy
02-29-2012, 09:14 PM
partially started but not yet finished

demon's souls
shenmue
skies of arcadia
silent hill 2
wipeout HD
dragon age (i think im just gonna reroll a female mage and get some lesbian mage action going cause im not sure this game's gonna hold my interest if i don't)

own but haven't started

hahahahhaha i have steam so i can't even begin to imagine what i own.

Mirage
02-29-2012, 11:35 PM
There is actually a website made just for tracking things like this.

Here's my backlog. (http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=Pseudopod&search=&console=&status=1&unplayed=1)

VeloZer0
03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Why would I want to record for future reference? Forgetting about a game is the most likely way it will make it off the list.

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2012, 01:45 AM
I actually love this website, it's been helping me keep track of my collection.

Here's my full list including games I haven't started...
Wolf0Kanno's Backloggery (http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=Wolf0Kanno&status=1)

I do need to update some of this stuff, I pretty much deleted my FFXI account but I have yet to purge it off my PC. Probably should so I can make way for some Steam titles. I've been itching to get back into RTS games.

Shiny
03-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Kingdom Hearts
Sonic Generations
Final Fantasy V
Silent Hill
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Legend of the Dragoon
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Hotel Dusk Room 215 (I'll probably actually finish this soon. I tend to play it when I'm traveling)

Bubba
03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Right, time to chuck my love spuds on the barbeque...

Games currently in play (not finished)
Final Fantasy VI
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty: MW2
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

All unfinished games (granted, some of the early ones will not be completed)
Spectrum (showing my age here)
Chuckie Egg
Airwolf

NES
Megaman 2
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

SNES
UN Squadron (this game is rock solid though)
Secret of Mana
PLOK!
Super Smash TV
The Chaos Engine

N64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Banjo Kazooie
Goldeneye
All Star Baseball 2000 (123 regular season games played. I will finish!)

Playstation
Alundra

PS2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Zone of the Enders
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Wii
Resident Evil 4 (scares the shit out of me. Will never finish.)
Trauma centre
Super Paper Mario

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Assassins Creed 2

I'm sure there are loads more so I may have a few edits on this list...

Loony BoB
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Off the top of my head...

Final Fantasy VI, although I'm working on that.
Final Fantasy IX, and I'll get to that after VI.
Final Fantasy IV, and someday I'll buy the game so I can actually play it without being a filthy pirate. Maybe.
Final Fantasy III, although now Danielle has it on her DS so maybe I'll get around to it someday.
Ico, I like it when I play it but when I don't play it I don't feel the desire to get back to it. But someday!
Lost Odyssey, which I also intend on finishing eventually.
Crysis and Crysis: Warhead, but I don't know if I'll ever finish those games. I love them while fighting humans but the aliens I just find annoying.
Far Cry 2 - Maybe I'll get back to that someday.
Flower - I will almost undoubtedly finish this someday, as it's not tricky.
HamsterBall - I suck at this game too hard to finish it.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Danielle and I will probably finish this eventually when we get a hankering for some solid co-op action.
Resistance 3 - Ditto the above.
Ratchet & Clank - A couple of games of this franchise exist on my PSP/PS3 and I might play more of them sometime when I'm bored, but I don't know if this willd definitely happen.

Slothy
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
N64
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

I wonder if anyone anywhere has ever beaten this game legitimately. As much fun as it was shooting guys in what they passed off as a throat and watching them slowly bleed to death, it was a really hard fucking game without cheating your way through.

Wii
Resident Evil 4 [I](scares the shit out of me. Will never finish.)

Would it be dickish of me to say RE4 is probably the least scary game in the series? Maybe one of the least scary horror games I've ever played actually. Have you tried Amnesia instead? Now that game is damn scary.

Bubba
03-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I can't see myself ever going back to Turok. It was rock solid. There's better First Person shooters out there. Lots of them.

Cheers for the recommendation Vivi, I might give it a look but not sure I'm a fan of horror games. I completed the original Resident Evil on PS1 but it wasn't comfortable playing it. I lasted about ten minutes on Silent Hill. I only bought Resi 4 because of the great reviews it got. Whenever I play these games though, and I reach a safe point...I save, turn it off, then don't come back to it out of fear.

I'm looking forward to Naughty Dog's 'The Last of Us' but not sure how I'm gonna get on with it!

What system is Amnesia on?

Slothy
03-01-2012, 11:10 PM
It's on the PC. There's a demo available if you'd like to try it without committing. Just be sure to stay out of the water.

If horror games aren't your thing though you may not want to buy it. I've played Horror games since the original RE and have been creeped the hell out by the likes of Silent Hill despite most horror titles boring the crap out of me because they're so mundane by my standards, but Amnesia legitimately terrifies me. Steam tells me I played about 113 minutes of it. In a mere 18 days it will have been a year since I touched it apparently.

I'm still working up the nerve to go back.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Post of Shame. I literally have a list sandwiched in between my games, with my EB games card folded up in it. It's to make me feel bad every time I want to go buy a new game...

Games I've started but not finished:
Demons Souls
Assassins Creed
Apache Air Assault (I know, I know. I'm an Apache mechanic though, it was necessary. Pretty accurate too actually.)
Borderlands
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: MW 3
Dead Rising 2
Devil May Cry 4
Dirge of Cerberus
Duke Nukem 3d
Duke Nukem Forever (*shudder* Thats what you get for having hope I guess...)
Fallout 3 (The GOTY expansion packs anyway)
Fallout New Vegas (Same)
Final Fantasy (glitch killed my file...)
Final Fantasy VI (no excuse)
Final Fantasy XII (Stopped caring. Never was fond of it. Fran, Balthier, Battle System. only 3 things I liked.)
God of War HD Collection
Halo 2
Halo 3
Homefront
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Parasite Eve
Costume Quest
Limbo
Shadow Complex
Echochrome II
Battlefield: Bad Company
Persona 4
Brutal Legend
Dark Souls
DJ Hero 2
Arkham Asylum

and I have a copy of Resistance 1 that I haven't even opened. On the plus, I'm leaving my wife in the states and living like a single guy in South Korea for the next year and a half. Should be putting a good dent in that list.

...that makes me sound like a TREMENDOUS douche.

Rantz
03-02-2012, 09:34 AM
The Sims 2

WreakingHavoc
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I need to finish Sims 3 :D

Pike
03-02-2012, 02:09 PM
On the plus, I'm leaving my wife in the states and living like a single guy in South Korea for the next year and a half. Should be putting a good dent in that list.

Not to me it doesn't! The answer is Skype while playing vidya. Hux and I do this all the time. :monster:

Depression Moon
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Fuck this thread for reminding me of my dead PS2!

GhandiOwnsYou
03-03-2012, 07:22 AM
On the plus, I'm leaving my wife in the states and living like a single guy in South Korea for the next year and a half. Should be putting a good dent in that list.

Not to me it doesn't! The answer is Skype while playing vidya. Hux and I do this all the time. :monster:

Excellent rationalization.

black orb
03-27-2012, 02:10 AM
>>> Star Ocean 2, I have neglected that game for years..:luca: