PDA

View Full Version : Seafood is amazing.

Pike
02-29-2012, 05:47 AM
I want to eat smoked salmon every day for the rest of my life.

Also: sushi.

Bunny
02-29-2012, 06:28 AM
We should be best friends.

Miriel
02-29-2012, 08:20 AM
There's a place in California (and I think Texas too?) called Boiling Crab and it is soooo god damn delicious. You order seafood (my fav is the crab and the shrimp) by the pound and they bring it out to your table in big plastic bags filled with butter and lemon and spices. you dump the contents onto a paper covered table and eat with your hands. NOM NOM NOM.

Also, from our anniversary dinner: Butter Poached Lobster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/butterpoachedlobster.jpg

I almost cried it was so good.

Sephex
02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I haven't had sushi in a couple of years. I should remedy that.

NorthernChaosGod
02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
I now have a craving for sushi. :|

Jessweeee♪
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
It is! But I can't have seafood with acidic fruits or my mouth gets all puffy.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I like crab, lobster, and most fish. I love sushi. I love a good spicy lobster roll, or a roll with smoked salmon. (Good ol' philly roll)

I don't like shrimp. I hate oysters/clams etc. HATE. We went to Red Lobster for my dad's and grandfather's birthday, and 90% of the menu was shrimp or mollusks. :|

Peegee
02-29-2012, 05:34 PM
i want sashimi

but my dad wants to go to a vietnamese restaurant instead T__________T

ReloadPsi
03-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I think I might actually be allergic to seafood: eating cod or haddock sometimes makes me feel a little sick to the stomach, last time I had salmon I had diarrhoea the following morning, and yet while I've had sushi on a number of occasions, it's only made me sick once, and most likely because my stomach, already a bit sensitive to seafood, didn't seem to like me dropping a greasy doughnut on top of raw salmon :P

I don't eat seafood as much as I used to, but I probably should once I'm not living on student budget any more.

Parker
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/butterpoachedlobster.jpg

I almost cried it was so good.

I want this in my mouth, imho. I've heard great things about butter poached lobster.

Also I've never tried a gumbo but recently I've had some weird craving for it. I must have a gumbo. I must have a gumbo. I gumt hab a bugmo

Peegee
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I want this in my mouth, imho.

Shlup
03-01-2012, 10:28 PM
There's a place in California (and I think Texas too?) called Boiling Crab and it is soooo god damn delicious. You order seafood (my fav is the crab and the shrimp) by the pound and they bring it out to your table in big plastic bags filled with butter and lemon and spices. you dump the contents onto a paper covered table and eat with your hands. NOM NOM NOM.
I know where I'm going for my birthday dinner in a few weeks! Woo!

Peegee
03-01-2012, 11:40 PM
I know where I'm going for my birthday dinner in a few weeks! Woo!

pls take pics!

fire_of_avalon
03-02-2012, 03:00 AM
I like crab, lobster, and most fish. I love sushi. I love a good spicy lobster roll, or a roll with smoked salmon. (Good ol' philly roll)

I don't like shrimp. I hate oysters/clams etc. HATE. We went to Red Lobster for my dad's and grandfather's birthday, and 90% of the menu was shrimp or mollusks. :|
Pretty much this.

I am super excited because my sushi partner is my sister and for the better part of a year she couldn't eat sushi because she was pregnancy BUT TOMORROW WE ARE HAVING SUSHI YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Rostum
03-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Seafood is amazing! Also very healthy. :D

Mirage
03-02-2012, 04:06 AM
I like some seafood, mainly salmon and trout. It doesn't matter much how it's prepared, it's hard to make dishes with those kinds of fish and not make something I'll like.

And sushi, I guess. I don't really like cod and haddoc a lot.

Pollock can be acceptable though, and various crabs and other crustaceans.

All in all, the only seafood i eat on a regular basis is salmon and trout.

Freya
03-02-2012, 05:35 AM
I have a love hate relationship with seafood. I love it but I hate to think about it. When I think about them swimming and blah ugh it's gross to me. But if don't pay attention I like to eat fishies. /gator

Pike
03-02-2012, 05:43 AM
I'm a terrible person and I love fish regardless of if they're alive or dead. I have a very well-kept tank of Cherry Barbs who are very spoiled and love me as much as I love them. If only they knew what my favorite food was. :jess:

Agent Proto
03-02-2012, 06:04 AM
I like to eat seafood, but I hate the really bony kind of fish when I have to manually remove the fish bones or choke.

Buttered lobster is amazing, though.

Jiro
03-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Not really a seafood kinda guy honestly

fire_of_avalon
03-03-2012, 02:46 AM
PS: I had good sushi. I had a rainbow roll because all the fish is in a rainbow roll. Sarah had a crazy crab roll which is crab ON TOP OF CRAB.

Pike
03-03-2012, 03:50 AM
I like to eat seafood, but I hate the really bony kind of fish when I have to manually remove the fish bones or choke.

Oh yeah. I'm not a big fan of that, either.

Tigmafuzz
03-03-2012, 06:07 AM
crab ON TOP OF CRAB.
WHAT IS THIS?! I MUST HAVE IT!

Shiny
03-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I had lobster thermidor stuffed with crab inside of it's shell at an amazing Portuguese restaurant in Newark (the only good thing about Newark btw). I also love sauteed tilapia. It tastes very similar to chicken when it's sauteed. I've also had soft shell crab in which you can eat the entirety of the crab shell and all, but it tasted nasty. Sushi I also like, but only certain kinds and if I can eat it with ginger and or dried seaweed.

http://www.lincolnplazacinema.com/media/6113/jiro%20dreams%20of%20sushi%20poster.jpg

Jiro
03-04-2012, 09:41 PM
the fuck is this?

Shiny
03-05-2012, 02:07 AM
A movie where you play as an old Asian chef.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-05-2012, 02:39 AM
THIS THREAD IS FILLED WITH FILTHY LIES!

Agent Proto
03-05-2012, 03:47 AM
Uh oh, we have a hater in the thread.

Tigmafuzz
03-05-2012, 04:47 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey_monkey/gonnahate.gif

Pike
03-05-2012, 05:38 AM
I would watch this Jiro Dreams of Sushi movie.

Clouded Sky
03-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I don't care much for cooked fish, but now like everyone else in this thread, I'm craving sushi. Time to remedy that!

Agent Proto
03-05-2012, 08:06 PM
I just had the most amazing sushi ever! The manager at the sushi cafe I went to even taught me how to properly eat sushi! But it was so freakin' expensive. I didn't think I would pay $20 just for a single meal. :<

NorthernChaosGod
03-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm curious, what's the proper way to eat sushi?

Agent Proto
03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
From what I was told, before taking a bite, dip the sushi by the fish meat side first and put it all in your mouth at once and chew slowly to fully enjoy the sushi. You don't want to rush eating your meal, nor do you want to drink in between bites. The should be saved either before or after you finish your sushi. I was also told that its seen as a sign of disrespect to the cook if you bite half into the sushi rather than all. It was kind of a learning experience for me. xD

Edit: Oh and there's a certain order you have to go when eating sushi. You have to eat the Sashimi first.

Peegee
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh. two stories. One where I witnessed and another I overheard.

So back when I worked at IBM my colleagues all went to eat all-you-can-sushi. One of them had never had raw fish (Sashimi...ugh it's not sushi!) before. He was making a >_< face as he ate the food, like a little baby PG xDDDD

For the one I witnessed, I asked a friend to go eat all-you-can-sushi with us. She went happily (free food wtf) but ended up didn't like most of the food. She ended up chugging miso soup, which is okay I guess. But it makes me sad when people don't like japanese food.

Also watching people use chopsticks when they don't know how is hilarious.