PDA

View Full Version : The Cookie Sciences

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Lately I've been studying the cookie sciences. I decided a few weeks ago I was going to make the best damn cookies ever so I've been mixing up my recipes (mostly stealing ideas from Alton Brown) to see the results.

So far I have failed as a cookie scientist. My cookies that were supposed to be delicious and chewy crumbled into so much delicious dust. I hung my head in shame, but as all great scientists I won't give up. I'll get back on that cookie scented metaphorical horse and try again soon.

Tell me about a time you tried something until you got it right.

Sephex
03-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Something I tried till I got it right?...

When I was very small, I didn't have enough strength to simply make a shot with a basketball. I kept going about it the wrong way by trying to shoot overhead, which was absurdly tough for me to do at the time. I tried underhand, and after a bit I finally made one in. Over time I kept sloooooowly changing the way I shot until I could shoot no problem overhand. I ended up catching a much older kid off guard in a schoolyard game of basketball and scored a very vital shot in said game.

While my father ended up playing on a High School Basketball (with future Chicago Bulls player, Craig Hodges, coincidentally) team in his youth, I never was interested in playing unless it was for fun. That and my dad was actually tall enough to play the game. Meanwhile, I stopped growing at 5'10".

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2012, 02:38 AM
This is my perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe: http://www.hannahsuh.com/blog/the-perfect-chocolate-chip-cookie

Follow it and I promise it won't fail you.
I may have already stolen that in the past. May.

I like that story, Sephex. :D

Sephex
03-01-2012, 02:47 AM
I like that story, Sephex. :D

Thank you, good madam!

EDIT: I actually was concerned that it was pretty boring, which is why I did the whole epilogue with me father. Not into basketball that much, but when I was a kid watching the Chicago Bulls dominate was pure awesomeness.

Shlup
03-01-2012, 10:29 PM
If you want less crumble and more chewy, add two tablespoons of applesauce.

Freya
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I found butter flavored shortening does wonders to make it diabetes filled and still fluffy rather than using butter or margarine.