PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Stump Quits

I Don't Need A Name
03-01-2012, 04:58 PM
In Patrick's recent blog (http://www.patrickstump.com/post/18474641989/we-liked-you-better-fat-confessions-of-a-pariah) he's basically detailed that he's about ready to give up on the music industry.

tl;dr: He states that he's fed up of people going out of their way to tell him he sucks, that they prefer his old music and they preferred him back when he was fat.

Seeing the article on Ultimate-Guitar pissed me off 'cause of the (albeit predictable) slating of people who don't care. Personally, I liked Stump's FOB work, especially Follie Á Deux, which many hated. It's a shame that he's considering quitting and that he's had to endure so much hate for commiting no wrong doings..

Shattered Dreamer
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm quite a big fan of FOB, even though it's been maybe a year or more since I've listened to their music. I feel kinda sorry for Patrick Stump because he is actually a very talented musician & not to mention he had to put up with being in a band with Pete "King Of the Emo's" Weinz for so many years. But, Patrick's solo effort, was just awful!?!?! I couldn't believe just how bad it was! If I was him I'd go make money writing pop punk tunes for disposable flavour of the month bands because as a solo artist he just sucks!

Freya
03-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Why are people such bitches :( I swear this generation of kids are just getting more and more rude! Buy tickets to his shows just to tell him how much he sucked? really? Ugh.

NorthernChaosGod
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Lol, people liked him better fat? That's just silly.

I also can't believe the dedication some of these people have to hating the guy. Who buys tickets to see an artist to tell them they suck? You don't see me booing at Lady Gaga shows. o_O

I Don't Need A Name
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
And NCG is so shocked that he posted it twice! But yeah, I agree that his solo music was poor, but it's not worthy of the hate. He's a genuinly nice and very talented guy.

Shattered Dreamer
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Buying a ticket to an artist or band's show just to boo them makes you a pretty special kind of a$$hole

Sephex
03-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Buy tickets to his shows just to tell him how much he sucked? really? Ugh.

If I were his position I wouldn't mind and point out that it's kind of a dumb idea to essentially pay me money just to walk into a venue to tell me I suck. Musical artists get most of their money from shows and merch.

It's kind of the same way I feel about people who claim to hate [internet reviewer here], but relentlessly watch the video. They get money the more views they have, ya dummies!

Shattered Dreamer
03-04-2012, 01:23 AM
If you read the comments under the article on Ultimate Guitar they say things like "suck it up ya pussy". I wonder how many people in this world could take being constantly told day in day that they suck at their job & be totally okay with all the abuse. I wager the number in question is pretty low. But much like gaming fanboy types, music fanboy types are narrow minded idiots who talk nothing but trash, mostly on the internet, about the latest game/movie/album because they have 0 self esteem & the only thing that takes their mind off this is $h*t talking everything. There is a massive difference between a musician quitting due to musical criticism & quitting because of just sheer personal abuse.

Jiro
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Kids these days need a good kick to the face. Shut your trap, I don't see you making better music. YOU AIN'T QUALIFIED TO BE DISSIN.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
He missed a golden opportunity to get a load of money selling merch at his gigs that have his face on them with the word "TOSSER" or "RUBBISH" written above it.

DMKA
03-12-2012, 05:11 PM
You don't see me booing at Lady Gaga shows. o_O
You could if you wanted to though, and there are people who do.

Whining about people hating your music and saying "I'M LEAVING FOREVER!" is pretty pathetic. I understand the guy's plight but he's certainly not a unique case and it's embarrassing to see that reaction of being his own pity party to a his own positive reception waning.

Seriously, has there ever been a popular artist that didn't go through this? Hell, many artist have received a lot, lot more than this. The hoards of hate being thrown at them, the people who are jackasses to them just because of their popularity, and the ones who say "I liked them better when..."? You don't hear all of them whining and saying they're going to quit because of it. He needs to grow a pair.

Not that I care if he disappears. I hate Cobra Starship, I hate Gym Class Heroes, I hate Arma Angelus, I hate Panic! At The Disco, and with the exception of a couple songs, I hate Fall Out Boy, all projects this guy has had a hand in. :p

Shiny
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Go ahead and switch your style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up

Shiny
03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Go ahead and switch your style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up