PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 Leaks

Freya
03-02-2012, 07:55 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17f41pfvljwa5jpg/original.jpg

So a couple images have been leaked about AC3. It's set in the american revolution! And you're a native american! NEAT. This is a separate team who has been working on AC3. They had another team polish off brotherhood and revelations but the main team has been working away at AC3 so eeeeee /excited

http://i.imgur.com/XswPc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Wwfnk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zfRML.jpg

More images at the source. (http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii_02.html)

Madame Adequate
03-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I love that the AssCreed games are set in time periods we don't often visit in the vidya.

This is going to be SO GREAT

Freya
03-02-2012, 08:04 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/3yrj39.jpg

There's an actiony one! This one will be fun I think. They can't use super tall buildings like they did in the other games so I hope to climb MOUNTAINS.

edczxcvbnm
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I am a bit disappointed. I was hoping for something even more modern. After 4 games, I am a bit tired of swords and horses and crap. I wanted to finally be Desmond and be a modern day Assassin with guns and cool tech gear.

That said I am still quite intrigued. This series has always done a great job of adding to the myths of certain time periods while following (to an extent) the actual history of the time. I loved how they did the Borgia in Brotherhood. I am curious to see how they handle the revolutionary war from the view of Native Americans along with they whole Templar/Free Masons aspect of the founding fathers.

Even if I don't get my Desmond techno action, this still looks to be intriguing enough to be super cool. I also hope they scale back the weapons some. I already don't use many most of the weapons and think it is a bit too bloated now. Lets go a bit simpler.

I also DEMAND to be able to viciously scalp my enemies =D

ljkkjlcm9
03-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Game Informer Info: (some spoilers)

Want it to be a jumping on point for new players without losing touch with what longtime fans cherish most.

-New hero called Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He has an English father and Native American mother.

-More details about the protagonist/scenarios: You will experience Conner's childhood on the American frontier as he is raised by the Mohawk. The Mohawk eventually clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confront tyranny and injustice.

-A new traversal approach that has players leaping and climbing trees and mountain cliffs.

-Uses a new version of the Anvil engine that can "depict thousands of troops engaged in bloody battle" along with highly detailed face close-ups. They later imply that if they used version numbers, they would be like going from Anvil 1.0 -> Anvil 2.0 or something of that nature.

-Judging by the images, the faces really are quite good.

-Combat is focused on putting you on the offensive and based on speed/momentum.

-The main character has thousands of new and unique animations (no carry over from other titles) to support the new combat system.

-Character details:

-George Washington: Interacting with Washington is one of the core relationships of the game.

-Benjamin Franklin: He's not a convenient inventor a la Da Vinci.

-Charles Lee: His role is a mystery.

-The game is set between the years 1753-1783 and is centered around the cities of Boston and New York.

-"It's not just going to a historical building now; it's going to a historical event."

-Event examples: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important, and hopefully, experience the reason why we know where they are today. That's the goal."

-Connor is in the heart of major battles, and they can now have a couple thousand guys on screen, whereas before it was capped at about 100.

-The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.

-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.

-The French and Native Americans will also feature in the game, as was probably really obvious.

-The modern day stuff relates to that location in New York at the end of Revelations.

-There will be all sorts of wilderness in the game referred to as the Frontier.

-The map of the Frontier is 1.5 times bigger than the entire map of Brotherhood.

-The Frontier is not empty like in Assassin's Creed 1, but features a third of the game's missions and gameplay content.

-You can hunt animals for resources, and how you kill them effects your reward. A one hit kill on a bear gets you a much more valuable pelt than stabbing it eight times.

-The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier, allowing you to use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat.

-Connor does have a hidden blade.

-The world changes as time passes, so a field where a battle happened in one year may just be a series of empty encampments a few months later.

-The entire world will change with seasons, so the cities and the wilderness will all exist in both Summer and Winter settings.

-In the winter, soldiers will move slowly and stumble about in the snow, and lakes and rivers will freeze over allowing you to go new places. This gives Connor an extra advantage since he can still use the trees and wilderness pretty effectively during this time of year.

-There are all sorts of clubs and groups who want you to join and give you quests. These are separate from the mission system. These clubs will contact you based on what you do in the game. For example, hunting a lot will get you an invitation to the hunting society.

-There will be a goods based economy, a new property system, and more Desmond stuff.

-There's going to be some new puzzle thing like the first person Tetris.

-There's a new Animus database known as Animus 3.0.

-They're not unveiling anything about the multiplayer yet.

-There will be more platforming levels.

-Full synchronization returns, but with major tweaks. Missions have checkpoints, You also get significant rewards for doing these tasks instead of a 100%. "Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.

-They imply there is something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins.

-Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. They don't say what.

-There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas.

-The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling.

-Don't expect more tower defense.

-You can upgrade Connor's gear and costume as the game goes on in an attempt to make it feel more authentic.

-The cities have a lot more subtle detail now in terms of ambient things that happen.

-You can now leap over wagons or slide under obstacles, including navigating over and around moving objects. The free running stuff also has you jumping through windows to trees and then on top of church roofs. Basically, expect the free running stuff, but more fluid and presumably generally closer to the ground.

-Connor enters battle with two weapons. The game uses the same controls in and out of battle.

-The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They also let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, and you can chain kills.

-There's no more target locking, it just automatically detects your target. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent turtling.

-You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.

-They want you to constantly move in battle.

-There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.

-There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.

-There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target. They kind of imply you can even leap off of them after you kill them, though I'm not sure if that makes you faster or just doesn't impede your movement.

-They really, really, really want you to constantly move. I mean like they say this every four sentences. Not just in battle, but in every section of the game.

-They also try to keep you more in control of the combat than ever before.

-Game Informer really loves their animation system.

-There are around 2.5 hours of character scenes in the game that are fully acted and recorded. They mean this in Naughty Dog style where they have the actors being mocaped while performing on a set that resembles the scene in the game.

-They're aiming for accuracy by having historical dialog consultants and actual Native American actors.

-This game has the longest development cycle since AC1, and has twice the production capacity (in terms of work hours) and budget of Revelations.

-They want the game to feel like AC3.5, and the game will have its first version complete in just a few more weeks, at which point they're going to spend the rest of their time refining it.

I think this game could be AMAZING

THE JACKEL

Pike
03-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Oh man oh man

Not gonna lie I've never given much of a crap about this series before but this game is going to convert me

Dat delicious American Revolution setting
Dat delicious art (http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-iii_02.html)
DAT EVERYTHING :drool:

Madame Adequate
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
:monocle:

Holy jesus. GOTYAY.

krissy
03-02-2012, 09:15 PM
yeah i couldnt stand ac1
but this makes me want to try to play ac2 and onwards

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not really excited about this because I still haven't played anything since Assassin's Creed II. I've been dying to don't get me wrong, but when Brotherhood came out I couldn't afford even the teensiest luxury! And then for the past few months I could have bought it I didn't because my boyfriend's dad bought a copy by mistake and was gonna mail it to us. But he's procrastinating. (Kind of like how I still have my EoFF christmas cards on my coffee table.) So I don't want to buy it when a free copy is on the way.

BUT ARGH I COULD HAVE PLAYED BROTHERHOOD AND REVELATIONS BY NOW :cry:

Mirage
03-02-2012, 10:23 PM
yeah i couldnt stand ac1
but this makes me want to try to play ac2 and onwards
I also had problems getting into AC1, but I pushed through because I wanted to play AC2. After a while though, AC1 became more and more interesting, and I'm glad I played through it now.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2012, 10:25 PM
ACII is a MASSIVE improvement on the first one. If the story is interesting to you at all, push through the first because you'll never want to go back to it after playing the sequel. If it isn't interesting, then, well, just jump right in I guess!

Shiny
03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Red coat templars, what a fascinating idea. Revolutionary War is one of the most interesting wars to me. I'm gonna friggin' love creepin' in colonial times! This guy is obviously someone new although I wonder how they're going to tie this in to the events of Revelations. I was half expected to be playing as Desmond primarily. I'm glad they're keeping in the past though. Part of the allure of the series is getting to experience all of these old settings.

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm happy we haven't reached Desmond's chapter yet, because frankly it's the historical aspect of the game that keeps me hooked. I could care less about the "ones who came before" and Desmond being "the one". My favorite modern element was Subject 16, but that's been mostly resolved. So hell yeah, let's stick to the past and explore history!

I'm a little sad we've jumped into American history but I will say that if we're going to visit any part of the US history, the Revolutionary War is by far the most interesting. The new tweaks to the game sound amazing and it will really be a change of pace if we're now dealing with natural environments over city environments. I wonder if the transition will be as smooth as MGS3? The changes to combat sound good too, since it sounds like their addressing the biggest complaint about the combat system. Guess I better finally crack down and start working on AC:Revelations.

Madonna
03-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I am thrilled, and thrilled to see other people care too, but I do find myself playing Revelations multi-player solo often because no one is around.

The combat system change-up sounds good, and I hope it works out as intended.

I Don't Need A Name
03-03-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm happy we haven't reached Desmond's chapter yet, because frankly it's the historical aspect of the game that keeps me hooked. I could care less about the "ones who came before" and Desmond being "the one". My favorite modern element was Subject 16, but that's been mostly resolved. So hell yeah, let's stick to the past and explore history!

Unless they're planning on releasing another one before the end of December then this one is Desmond's Chapter. Ubisoft have been saying since Revelations that ACIII will resolve Desmond's story because they wanted it to be over before the '2012 End of the World' thing, seeing as that's the apparent point of the Desmond stuff

Sephex
03-03-2012, 03:15 AM
I have seen, but never played any of these games. Having said that, I really like the idea for the setting!

Psychotic
03-03-2012, 03:24 AM
I am going to kill only filthy colonists and try to rewrite history to help the glorious Redcoats stomp some Yankee ass! :hyper:

Game sounds sick though.

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2012, 05:40 AM

Unless they're planning on releasing another one before the end of December then this one is Desmond's Chapter. Ubisoft have been saying since Revelations that ACIII will resolve Desmond's story because they wanted it to be over before the '2012 End of the World' thing, seeing as that's the apparent point of the Desmond stuff

Then I guess I'll just say I'm happy the game won't just be about Desmond, he just never did it for me as a character like Altair and Ezio did.

Kirobaito
03-03-2012, 07:34 PM

Then I guess I'll just say I'm happy the game won't just be about Desmond, he just never did it for me as a character like Altair and Ezio did.
Yeah, I don't care about Desmond much. I hope somehow they have expansions on this storyline like they did for AC2, even though there's the whole 2012 thing to deal with. Our new hero can make his way across the water and hang out in Georgian London and revolutionary France.

Hollycat
03-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Yay! they are releasing AC3 for the vita!

Freya
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
BSa0Xg-YadY

Pike
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
oh man I just saw this over on RPS

GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS CONFIRMED

Pete for President
03-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Not impressed by the trailer. Then again, AC has never impressed me much.

Hollycat
03-05-2012, 11:45 PM
this looks nice, but considering i missed brohood and revalations, i may just wait 5 or so years till they release one set in nyc

Freya
03-06-2012, 12:01 AM
That's really stupid HC. Brotherhood you should play but not so much revelations. Just go play it.

Mirage
03-06-2012, 12:09 AM
You can get it for cheaps second hand anyway. I just bought Brotherhood for 17 bucks.

Hollycat
03-06-2012, 12:15 AM
you guys are all rich

Freya
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Says the kid who made a thread about being rich :lol:

It's not much and they are great games and if you finish the game they also both have multiplayer.

Hollycat
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
I make threads about lots of things.

Back to Assass in Cream.

ljkkjlcm9
03-06-2012, 01:47 AM
The game is also coming out for Wii-U, with exclusive features:

We don’t have to guess – we already know. The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.

And for those of you hating on this game... your loss! And this game IS set in New York. About a "third" of the historical aspects, and the entire part as Desmond is supposedly New York.

THE JACKEL

Hollycat
03-06-2012, 01:51 AM
This is coming out on everything except 3ds.

DMKA
03-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Oh god yes yes YES AWESOME!

I'm so excited.

Mirage
03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
This is coming out on everything except 3ds.
No.

DMKA
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
It's coming out for PC, PS3, 360 and Wii-U.

PSVita is also getting it's own unique Assassin's Creed game that's being developed along side AS III.

The 3DS was going to get Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy but they cancelled it.

Hollycat
03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I read somewhere that vita was also getting 3... darn.

I hope this portabls AC is better than the last one. stupid 2 hour long game...

DMKA
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
I read somewhere that vita was also getting 3... darn.

I hope this portabls AC is better than the last one. stupid 2 hour long game...
I've actually read in more than one place that Vita is getting ASIII, but I've yet to see confirmation from an official source.

Hollycat
03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
does wikipedia count?

Freya
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
yeah I dunno where you're getting that

Mirage
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
does wikipedia count?
Only if there is a reliable source on the wikipedia page.

DMKA
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I reserved my copy yesterday when I picked up Mass Effect 3 and they gave me this nifty limited editon collector's steel case thingy with awesome artwork on it:

http://realgamernewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-steel-book-pre-order.jpg

I must be in the minority because I've always been engrossed in Desmond's story from the beginning and can't wait to see how they wrap it up. :p

However, Ezio >>>>>> every other character in the AS universe. :love:

Pike
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I reserved my copy yesterday when I picked up Mass Effect 3 and they gave me this nifty limited editon collector's steel case thingy with awesome artwork on it:

http://realgamernewz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-steel-book-pre-order.jpg

Oooh!

I might have to go preorder this now.

Freya
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I got it the same night I got ME3. My two fav series in one night ^_^ It was glorious

G13
03-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Woo! More swag!

I'm interested to see how they'll wrap up Desmond's story. I've never really been very interested in US history, but maybe this game will change that. The new character looks sick, though. Here's hopin' he's as good as Altair and Ezio!

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Everybody should remember that this likely refers to the grey area of gaming, which is just black and white existing independently. xD

Though it'll certainly be an American wankfest, the idea of climbing around trees and assassinating bears give me an almost sexual thrill. I liked AC1, I loved AC2, I liked Brotherhood, but I didn't bother with Revelations because it didn't interest me in the slightest. AC3 has piqued my interests again. I have been repiqued.

From what I can see, the weapons include:

Tomohawk and Knife - replaces the sword, and presumably the separate knife.
Two Pistols - Ubisoft are in the difficult position of giving Ezio a modern reload mechanic on his Hidden Gun, whereas our pseudo-Native friend seems to be stuck with a muzzle load.
Bow - I hope, with everything I am, that AC is past that fucking targeting mechanic of the previous games. I have doubts that the bow will work very well, but I am holding out hope.
Hidden Blade - Of course. The upgrade mechanic will likely be most prevalent here, with the usual Dual, Poison, Poison Dart stuff. Be interesting to see if they keep the Hidden Gun. I will also be devastated if they do away with the poison.

And that's all I can pick up on. Anyone else seen anything more? It looks like you'll be using your tomahawk to help in tree maneuvering too. I hope they'll do away with that bomb nonsense. The combat looks completely unnecessarily brutal, a good thing, and it looks a damn handsome game.

I will also be killing colonial civilians and any English toffs. So everyone, basically.

Pike
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Everybody should remember that this likely refers to the grey area of gaming, which is just black and white existing independently. xD

Though I know it'll be an American wankfest, the idea of climbing around trees and assassinating bears give me an almost sexual thrill. I liked AC1, I loved AC2, I liked Brotherhood, but I didn't bother with Revelations because it didn't interest me in the slightest. AC3 has repiqued me. I have been repiqued.

Pft this is going to be a hot sexy redcoat wankfest and I can't wait :drool: :drool: :drool:

Freya
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I got my gameinformer with all the info. It's hot and sexy :jess:

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Doesn't Subject 16 talk about Washington being a Templar and using the Apple(?) to manipulate people in AC2? It just occurred to me that he has a fairly big dig at the whole American process throughout history, really.

This game just got a lot more intriguing. Makes it seem more like the old Durham boy hypnotises them poor colonials with his magic ball, makes them rebel, the Empire strikes back, and lots of people die as Washington takes power. Templar victory, overall. The Assassins fail.

Yup. Definitely liking the sound of that.