PDA

View Full Version : Duodecim = Dissidia ver.1.5

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2012, 09:06 PM
You know, I dedicated a ton of time to the original Dissidia, it was a better game than I expected and so I had some pretty good expectations for Dissidia Duodecim, but am I the only person who kind of feels like Duodecim is less of a real gaming sequel and more of a rehash of the original with some new ideas and a handful of characters thrown in. I know this is rather normal stuff for fighting games where "sequels" general amount to minor revisions with a new character or two thrown in to satiate fans, but I was kind of hoping SE would avoid this. I guess my biggest beef was that the bulk of the game is actually the unlocked Dissidia 1, so I guess I was foolishly hoping for a little more. Anyone else feel Duodecim was a bit of a let down?

Del Murder
03-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I liked the improvements, but had I paid for both games, I probably would have been let down. Owners of the original should have been able to trade it in for the sequel, but no video game company would ever do that.

Jiro
03-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Maybe if they got like $20 on top of it as well, maybe then it could be a somewhat decent business move.

Sephex
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
This is one of the reasons why I never purchased the sequel. Also, as I said in this subforum before, I didn't enjoy grinding in a fighting game.

Mercen-X
03-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Good point.

SuperMillionaire
03-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Well, that's why they need to make a "Dissidia 3" aftercycle game in which we add more new characters and rescue the ones who fell in the 12th cycle.

Mercen-X
03-16-2012, 03:18 AM
The system would have to be tinkered with. The "exploration" and "leveling" and "plot" promise more than they deliver.

SuperMillionaire
03-26-2012, 09:10 PM
True, but it's still a lot more complex and advanced that the original Dissidia, though.

I also think that the ones who fell in the 12th cycle should act as non-playable damsels in distress, in order to make room for several all new allies and villains.

Final Fantasy Rookie
03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I felt the game could've offered so much more but nevertheless, I enjoyed it. I just wish we got more characters from other FF installments and simply make the story exclusively of what happened BEFORE the events of the original Dissidia. Feral Chaos at level 130 and maximizing your characters with insufferable. Especially since you need good equipment, accessories, armor, and etc.... even at level 100 just to kick ass.

You know, I dedicated a ton of time to the original Dissidia, it was a better game than I expected and so I had some pretty good expectations for Dissidia Duodecim, but am I the only person who kind of feels like Duodecim is less of a real gaming sequel and more of a rehash of the original with some new ideas and a handful of characters thrown in. I know this is rather normal stuff for fighting games where "sequels" general amount to minor revisions with a new character or two thrown in to satiate fans, but I was kind of hoping SE would avoid this. I guess my biggest beef was that the bulk of the game is actually the unlocked Dissidia 1, so I guess I was foolishly hoping for a little more. Anyone else feel Duodecim was a bit of a let down?
All the more reason Square Enix should've had a option at very begining of transferring ALL of the data that was done in the original Dissidia. Gil, equipment, AP, abilities, and PP, and God knows what else could be brought over. Unbelievable of what it takes to maximize characters and even at level 100, where you can still get your ass kicked.