PDA

View Full Version : Autocorrect stories

Renmiri
03-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Ever had one of those ? I recently texted to my mom that her granddaughter was playing "Elevator Rugby" on the violin when i meant to say "Eleanor Rigby" :|

Found this hilarious one on the net

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3853/nevers.jpg

edczxcvbnm
03-05-2012, 03:50 AM
In high school I wrote a paper on Beowulf. I was in a rush and said yes to auto correct in word. Grendel became Green Dale and in one special spot it became Grenade (I happened to be making a Jesus comparison of some sort to the best of my remembrance).

NorthernChaosGod
03-05-2012, 04:09 AM
My phone has a physical keyboard.

~*~Celes~*~
03-05-2012, 04:37 AM
My phone has a physical keyboard.

so does mine but it still auto-corrects sometimes. Sucks. I need a new phone -_-;

Pike
03-05-2012, 05:40 AM
My phone is really old fashioned and takes years to write anything (and I do it l-e-t-t-e-r b-y l-e-t-t-e-r.) And has no autocorrect. So sadly, I cannot join in the autocorrect fun. :(

Renmiri
03-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Oh ya, forgot my college paper on "microorganisms" which my mom's secretary typed for me.. Was for a scholarship application.. Needless to say I didn't get it. Hard to get a scholarship to study "microorgasms" :p

Peegee
03-05-2012, 06:25 PM
i turn off autocorrect in my phone but the app swype HAS to use a freaking dictionary even when I hide said dictionary. (it goes desu is not found. add?)

drives me crazy because i rarely do the swiping motion which was THE WHOLE POINT

I hate texting.

Tigmafuzz
03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
My phone used to replace Sarah with Sabrina. It did it so often I found myself eventually start to type Sabrina instead of Sarah in the first place. Of course, thanks to the cats, that phone is broken now.

Parker
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I think I wrote about his here before but once i was texting my mother about whoopies. They're like cake things, if you havent seen em.

Anyway I was like MUM. I LIKE WHOOPIES.

Only my phone corrected it to MUM. I LIKE WILLIES. Which was pretty awkward.

Also I was visiting this museum place in Wales called St Fagans I was like Yo I can't wait to go to St Vaginas.

finally my phone automatically adds commonly used words to dictionary so i'm always getting weird slang terms and nicknames pop up, its annoying man!!

G13
03-05-2012, 11:19 PM
"I hurt my knee today" became "I hit my nigger today". My phone is a racist bastard.