PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Kill Emerald and Ruby Weapon?

Sum1sGruj
03-09-2012, 12:52 AM
This is how I did it:

Emerald Weapon- Equip Mime and attach HP Absorb to Knights of the Round. Spam mime until she is dead.

Ruby Weapon- same as Emerald Weapon, except wear a ribbon.

Tigmafuzz
03-09-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't even remember how I beat Emerald, but I was tired and didn't want to actually spend time fighting Ruby so I set up these materia:

Last Stand - Phoenix, Last Stand - KotR, Last Stand - KotR, Last Stand - Leviathan
Last Stand - Bahamut, Last Stand - Bahamut, HP↔MP - EXP Plus

I think I did that for everyone with different summons. That way as soon as the battle started I just continuously hit the attack button and every time he hit someone he would take a crapload of damage but the party would be okay. At least I think. It's been a while.

VeloZer0
03-09-2012, 05:56 AM
The first time I beat Emerald it was a KotR/HP Absorb/Mime deal. Then I learned about the glorious game mechanic that is Lucky 7s.

For those of you who don't know if a character's HP becomes 7777 and Easter Egg activates that causes them spontaneously launch an attack with 63 hits that all do 7777 damage. That is 490,000 damage. Exploiting this the beat the weapons is a mighty fine feeling.

edczxcvbnm
03-09-2012, 06:44 AM
Back Row, Long Range, Hyper, W-Item (Mega Elixers, Hero Drinks) and just hit them with limit breaks. It goes about a trillion times faster than summoning KOTR a zillion times.

Tigmafuzz
03-09-2012, 08:14 AM
The first time I beat Emerald it was a KotR/HP Absorb/Mime deal. Then I learned about the glorious game mechanic that is Lucky 7s.
I remember now. How could I forget that I learned about 7777 while fighting Emerald? It's been way too long since I've replayed VII. The first time I beat Emerald was by chance. I was so underleveled and I didn't have my materia set up correctly or anything. I hadn't saved for like two hours either, so if I hadn't gotten lucky 7s I would have died and lost all that work and totally /ragequit.

Sum1sGruj
03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I remember now. How could I forget that I learned about 7777 while fighting Emerald? It's been way too long since I've replayed VII. The first time I beat Emerald was by chance. I was so underleveled and I didn't have my materia set up correctly or anything. I hadn't saved for like two hours either, so if I hadn't gotten lucky 7s I would have died and lost all that work and totally /ragequit.

Ha, that makes perfect sense because of it's Air Tame attack.
I now know the easiest way to exploit the lucky 7 thingy. I've been thinking about blowing the dust off my FFVII case and popping it in, so I'll have to try that :D

Gamblet
03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I haven't beat Emerald yet, but I defeated Ruby.

My materia setup (Cloud): Weapon(Apocalypse): W-Summon, Hades, Mime
Armor(I don't remember, something with many materia slots): Final Attack-Phoenix, Add status-Poison, HP Absorb-KOTR

Something like that.
I cast Hades and KOTR with W-Summon, leaving Ruby paralyzed and dealing massive damage while healing Cloud. and when Ruby recovered from Paralyze, I Mimed the W-Summon.

I repeated the last step until it died, easy. I actually felt bad for using so easy trick.

Bubba
03-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty much the same way as everyone else on this thread.

Has anyone ever defeated Emerald by using that trick where you overload Vincents damage meter or something when you kill something like 65000 enemies?

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2012, 03:51 AM
The Overflow Glitch works with Vincent and Barret, actually. I'm thinking of doing that during my next playthrough.

Hollycat
03-11-2012, 04:25 AM
One Does Not Simply - one does not simply beat emerald and ruby weapon (http://qkme.me/36jfef)
spam knights of the round with mime.