PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel lucky, punk?

Pike
03-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Are you "lucky"? Do you win things very often?

Once I won a turkey roast by standing on the right square on the floor in some grocery store. The great thing is that it was when I was on vacation and out of the state so we got to eat it in the hotel. :kakapo:

Sephex
03-10-2012, 06:13 AM
I have modest luck in terms that I get out of situations that go against me from time to time. Mostly money related.

Example: Say I have a car repair that would cost $400. For whatever reason it will cost $100. Simple stuff like that.

fire_of_avalon
03-10-2012, 06:51 AM
I get lucky with traffic lights sometimes. And sometimes if I make a mistake no one catches it until I can fix it. Otherwise I am the anti-rabbit's foot

Slothy
03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
I rarely win anything I would actually like to win, such as lotteries. I could use copious amounts of money.

I also rarely get lucky. But I'm married so that isn't unusual. :D

Bubba
03-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I once managed to walk the entire length of my city's high street without once being accosted by "charity muggers".

If that's not lucky then I don't know what is.

Jiro
03-11-2012, 01:27 AM
I've survived very dangerous situations so I guess I'm lucky.

Sephex
03-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Example: Say I have a car repair that would cost $400. For whatever reason it will cost $100. Simple stuff like that.

This just happened to me today. I feel relieved.

Shlup
03-11-2012, 04:10 AM
I don't often win things, so I don't feel lucky in that respect. I usually feel lucky in general, what with easily finding a perfect husband, having a mostly-awesome family with few health or mental problems, and never being completely broke... Lately I haven't felt very lucky, but I hope that turns around soon.

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2012, 06:38 AM
I have modest luck in terms that I get out of situations that go against me from time to time. Mostly money related.

Pretty much this. I'd say I'm pretty lucky these days. Perhaps it's the good karma that built up from the first fifteen years of my life :monster:

KentaRawr!
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Once there was this guy with a revolver shooting up the place and he couldn't remember if he shot 5 or 6 and he asked me if I felt lucky

I died :(

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM

That's called being Australian.

Loony BoB
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I, uh, don't really ever think about luck. I don't gamble unless the odds are stacked in my favour, and I manage my money well so I always consider the good things to happen to be deserved as opposed to lucky. I guess it's hard to feel lucky when you don't really "believe" in it. I suppose I was born to a decently well-off family and for that I'm thankful and some might say that's lucky. Because of that, my life has been good. That's good enough for me!

Rantz
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I won a big bag o' chocolates once. Lasted for months I tell you. Months!

And, uh, I survived meningitis at 10 months' age. But mostly the chocolate thing was lucky.