PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter X Tekken sucks

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2012, 06:35 AM
It has sloppy and clunky controls and seems to lack speed vs/strength sort of stuff. FUCK THIS GAME!

Discuss how horrible this game is.

Depression Moon
03-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Tried it in a gamestop and I have to say quite the opposite. I just had to turn off that quick combo feature as that was the only thing that bugged me. I don't like the xbox's controller for fighting games period so I felt that might be the reason for some of my issues, that and I never felt a comfortable control method for sf games on my ps3 pad either mainly because of Viper, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had my arcade stick.

Vyk
03-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Would that mean the buttons and move-sets aren't cut down like they are in Marvel vs Capcom 3 where you only have 4 buttons to choose from? Street Fighter never worked very well on a 360/PS3 controller due to it being a six-button set-up with only 4 face buttons. But with the 4-button "dumbed" down MvC 3 control-scheme it worked pretty well

Iceglow
03-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I had a quick play on this at work Friday. I wasn't sure about it tbf but then I don't normally play SF games I prefer Tekken :P

Mirage
03-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Would that mean the buttons and move-sets aren't cut down like they are in Marvel vs Capcom 3 where you only have 4 buttons to choose from? Street Fighter never worked very well on a 360/PS3 controller due to it being a six-button set-up with only 4 face buttons. But with the 4-button "dumbed" down MvC 3 control-scheme it worked pretty well

Well, how many consoles have ever had more than 4 face buttons by default? Besides, serious fighting gamers use arcade sticks :).

Shattered Dreamer
03-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I just wish they would hurry up with Tekken X Street Fighter!

GhandiOwnsYou
03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I have to say in the disagree as well. Hell, I even through a little fighting game party friday night and had about 15 people over to bet and play brackets for a few games. Everyone liked SFxT so much that instead of playing everything we had planned, we ended up playing that almost the entire night. I will say that the characters do seem to all be on much more of an even playing field. That is to say, Zangief is going to play a little faster and not hit quite as hard as you're used to, and Cammy is going to be a little slower and hit a bit harder.

I only have two gripes with the game. The gem system irks me because fighters are one of the last true competitive games. Everything else has had RPG elements shoehorned into it, fighting games were still 1 on 1 and the winner was whoever was better/faster/luckier in the round, nobody got advantages. The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.

Depression Moon
03-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah, I'm mad about the DLC and Capcom's business practices in general. I won't be buying this game, or at least new so they won't get any money from me.

Slothy
03-12-2012, 02:40 AM
The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.

This pretty much guarantees I won't buy this game, regardless of what my interest in it was before.

KentaRawr!
03-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll wait until the super mega ultra special edition comes out. :kakapo:

edczxcvbnm
03-13-2012, 04:55 AM
Interesting. I am honestly surprised that pretty much everyone but me liked it. I played it with Sephex and another friend. We each played two fights and had enough. To all of us it was one of the worst fighters we have played since stuff like Primal Rage and even then I would rather have played that. FYI, my friend Redboxed the game.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I have to say in the disagree as well. Hell, I even through a little fighting game party friday night and had about 15 people over to bet and play brackets for a few games. Everyone liked SFxT so much that instead of playing everything we had planned, we ended up playing that almost the entire night. I will say that the characters do seem to all be on much more of an even playing field. That is to say, Zangief is going to play a little faster and not hit quite as hard as you're used to, and Cammy is going to be a little slower and hit a bit harder.

I only have two gripes with the game. The gem system irks me because fighters are one of the last true competitive games. Everything else has had RPG elements shoehorned into it, fighting games were still 1 on 1 and the winner was whoever was better/faster/luckier in the round, nobody got advantages. The other thing that chaps my ass is the way that Capcom is ruthlessly screwing everyone with the DLC this time around. If you don't know the story, there are 12 characters ALREADY ON THE DISC, that have been locked out of the game. They will be released in a little while as paid DLC, and all it will do is unlock the code you already have on your disc. GARBAGE.

Exact same reason I won't buy it. A lot of consumers nowadays would buy anything from these money sucking game sharks. It's like their on crack or something lol.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I hear the complaints and agree with them. I still bought it though. Call me part of the problem, but I've been super stoked with the fighting genre recently, in particular the SF IV and Mortal Kombat reboots. Consequently, I pre-ordered this almost as soon as it was available. That DLC is going to have to be utterly mind blowing to get anything else out of me though. It's a crappy, scheming move, sure. When it boils down though, I'm really happy with the roster they have already, and don't have a problem considering it a full game. My only real regrets are a lack of Blanca and E. Honda on the SF side. I've never padded out a roster before with DLC, and don't see any need to do it here either. I will however have a HUGE issues if those DLC characters show up as God-tier fighters that are near necessity for online play.

Lionx
03-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I honestly think the game sucks, most of the recent games are very watered down versions of older games, not to mention theres many things Capcom just basically lies to you about (not limited to SFxT).

One reason I don't like the game is the launchers having a low invincibility upon using them, making it a way to stop pressure. Its kinda weird as well when you press two fierce/roundhouse you auto launch smurfing up my combos. That and the game thinks you are mentally handicapped in its trials...

Gems are another reason i don't like about it, especially simple command gems that makes certain characters really strong...like Zangief having a UP+Punch = Spinning Pile Driver...super strong and theres proof of it too. Up + PP = EX and triple P is Super. The motions are already simplified to one 360 motion supers why need this?

The characters don't feel right, Rolento was someone i was into and he does not feel like his regular self at all. No Scooter Jump is a huge turn off for me, and he is way too bs with -1 frame blocked Patriot Circles. Lets not go into how Ono says Tekken chars will be familiar to Tekken players, which is totally untrue...

Theres also the issue of on disc DLC, complete with moves, sounds and movie cinematic all finished but not released to you just so they can milk more money off of consumers. 12 Characters not included despite being done, includes Blanka, Sakura, Christie, Lei, Cody, Guy, Jack, Byran and 4 others i can't think of at the top of my head. They are also selling COMBOS as DLC, as if people can't do it themselves with it being so easy. This is a huge cash cow for Crapcom (or should i say Ca$hcom).

Don't even mention Time Outs, the cinematic supers take so long like almost 10-20 seconds depending on the combo...i call it Scrub Fighter X Time Out...just this weekend there was a huge NorCal tournament and in the top 8 there were tons of time outs and upsets due to the long animations where one person could have won it, but because everything animated so long..Time Out, the other guy getting hits wins!

Sometimes around 10seconds you know its futile to try anymore because of this. Just let go of the stick.

Game is whack, so you aren't alone edczxcvbnm. I treat it like Smash Bros Brawl, super casual.

EDIT:

I just wish they would hurry up with Tekken X Street Fighter!

Same, when i heard Harada saying that they will have 6 buttons for SF, and 4 buttons for T characters, i was hype. This seems so much more of a serious game compared to this release.

Also this is another reason i hate this game, wtf Capcom...wtf

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/13/street-fighter-x-tekken-mega-man-is-broken/

Vyk
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
I've always been under the impression that Vs. games have always been more about over-the-top, and simplified configurations to make it fast, frantic, and all around crazy. Not necessarily for trained fighters to have top their tournaments

Slothy
03-14-2012, 03:30 PM
I've always been under the impression that Vs. games have always been more about over-the-top, and simplified configurations to make it fast, frantic, and all around crazy. Not necessarily for trained fighters to have top their tournaments

That argument might fly if the Vs. game in question wasn't a crossover between two of the most popular fighting game franchises ever and made by one of the biggest companies in the genre who are themselves responsible for some of the most popular competitive fighting games ever. The competitive bar is much higher here than it ever was for something like Smash Bros.

Lionx
03-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure what your last sentence means...Vyk. But every fighting game in the VS. series are competitive in their own right. I hesitate to call this one serious though, but i will give it some time. I am currently unimpressed.

But not all crossover games are over the top, only the Marvel/Tatsunoko series. Even then theres a huge amount of depth for each specific game attributed to it.

That argument might fly if the Vs. game in question wasn't a crossover between two of the most popular fighting game franchises ever and made by one of the biggest companies in the genre who are themselves responsible for some of the most popular competitive fighting games ever. The competitive bar is much higher here than it ever was for something like Smash Bros.

However, its generally known that this current generation of fighters(mainly anything after SFIV) is much more simplified and for the masses than ever before with the exception of King of Fighters XIII. Especially Capcom games, so i feel that the bar actually has been lowered as of late.

I say this because systems are generally more accessible when you play Marvel 3, or SSFIV with shortcuts and more formulaic style. Games before this era generally tended to be more complicated and for the hardcore.

The way Marvel 3 plays is generally a lot of zoning, and once you get hit, its basically do your combo in very similar ways almost always. Which is ABC Launch, Air Combo, On the Ground hit into another relaunch and then super(s) or end.

Marvel 2 however is too complicated to even describe in such a fashion, there is many different ways to play and the execution barrier is higher. Some playstyles don't even involve doing a combo, ever. Combos are not as easy as just super jump and press a couple buttons, the timing is very strict on certain strings.

Similarly SFxT has the spacing and fastness of say the Alpha/Capcom vs SNK series in some form, but like Marvel 3, once you get in the game is vastly simplified the combo into chains. Weak - Medium - Hard - Juggle into Launch..and repeat a couple of this and maybe end with Super. In older comparable VS. games like the CvS series, the characters were more varied and again cannot be simplified into a couple quick sentences.

Baiscally, nowaday Capcom fighters are pick up and play. Older titles generally involved quite a bit of research at minimal to try to play at a decent level. I just don't like the way the franchise is turning out...its too formulaic.

EDIT: I think i actually compared it to Smash Bros Brawl at one moment when playing it too. Of course not exactly like it, but still.