PDA

View Full Version : Which mode of transportation?

Agent Proto
03-11-2012, 01:38 AM
The TARDIS or the DeLoreon. Which one and why?

Yes, I'm aware there are other modes of time traveling transportation, like the classic modified toaster, but it's between the TARDIS and the DeLoreon.

Crop
03-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Always the DeLorean.

The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 01:59 AM
The TARDIS, of course. I cannot even comprehend why anyone would prefer the DeLorean.

Crop.

Jiro
03-11-2012, 03:26 AM
The TARDIS has more room for the bitches I pick up. I don't care if the De Lorean would make it easier to pick up.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 03:27 AM
If you fix the TARDIS' cloaking device thing, you could make it look like a DeLorean.

Sephex
03-11-2012, 03:31 AM
Never got into Doctor Who (I haven't tried to, either), but the TARDIS sounds more practical.

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2012, 04:31 AM
TARDIS. Although the DeLorean does seem like it would have a much more simplified interface.

Actually, I'm going to go with that time-traveling live-in train the Doc built at the end of the third movie.

Shlup
03-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Never got into Doctor Who (I haven't tried to, either), but the TARDIS sounds more practical.
I'm going to have to agree with this one.

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2012, 06:37 AM
In order of preference:
A normal working tardis
The flying mr fusion delorean
The doctors wild unpredictable faulty tardis
The original delorean
The delorean confined to train tracks

I think if mere mortals such as ourselves attempted to fly the faulty tardis it would just explode

Pike
03-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Can I pick the time machine train from the end of Back to the Future 3?

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2012, 08:22 AM
You might as well, I did :kakapo:

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Definitely the TARDIS. It translates any language for you on top of the traveling.

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I just want to point out that if we're imagining a scenario in which we can have these things, it's fairly reasonable to assume we know how to use them. xD

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2012, 10:57 PM
I just want to point out that if we're imagining a scenario in which we can have these things, it's fairly reasonable to assume we know how to use them. xD
So can I be The Doctor? :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
03-11-2012, 11:17 PM
NO.

NorthernChaosGod
03-12-2012, 12:25 AM
:(

Bubba
03-12-2012, 01:06 AM
TARDIS may be practical... but it is far from cool. Doctor Who is not cool.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Bowties are cool.

NorthernChaosGod
03-12-2012, 01:53 AM
You shut your whore mouth.

Bubba
03-12-2012, 02:05 AM
You shut your whore mouth.

As a whore... my mouth is always open

Bunny
03-12-2012, 02:39 AM
The TARDIS. It has a swimming pool.

Pike
03-12-2012, 05:49 AM
Bowties are cool.

So are fezzes.

Loony BoB
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
The TARDIS. Because it's massive. Would I actually want to use it to travel through time? No. It always leads you to warzones and shit like that. =|

magewarrior
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
My first initial response would've been the phone booth time machine that Bill and Ted used in their most excellent adventure *cue air guitar* but after careful consideration and further thought I'd rather time travel in style so, definatly the Deloreon ;)

Bubba
03-21-2012, 01:45 PM
My first initial response would've been the phone booth time machine that Bill and Ted used in their most excellent adventure *cue air guitar* but after careful consideration and further thought I'd rather time travel in style so, definatly the Deloreon ;)

magewarrior knows. This is the correct answer.

Bill and Ted's phone booth is still better than the crappy TARDIS.

NorthernChaosGod
03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Didn't you just come out as British or something? How can you not like the TARDIS? :confused:

Bubba
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Anything related to Doctor Who I really can't stand. I remember watching some of them growing up thinking "God, this really looks bad. I could make better sets than that with some paint and a pile of potatoes".

This is when I was like eight and had no concept as to what a set was.

The TARDIS concept is quite cool but it was overshadowed by the fact that the whole thing looked shoddy and the monsters were some of the worst ever created. I mean seriously... what the hell is this?

Hollycat
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
I haven't ever watched more than the first 6 seconds of dr who, but I would still go with tardis, it doesnt require lightning strikes or train rides or getting up to 88 mph. plus it is a phone booth.

Bubba
03-21-2012, 04:33 PM
One advantage of the TARDIS is that it can transport you to any place as well as time (just done some research) so that might give it the advantage.

It's still not as cool as a gull-winged Delorean though and has been infected with Doctor Who germs...

NorthernChaosGod
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
It also translates any language for you and has libraries and swimming pools and bedrooms. :colbert:

Slothy
03-21-2012, 06:08 PM

I don't see why I should have to choose at all when I could fit my time traveling train and Delorean inside my TARDIS. But since I'm being forced to choose, we'll go with the TARDIS. The fact that it can travel anywhere in time AND space gives it the edge. Especially in the real world where traveling back in time even an hour in the Delorean would leave you floating in space with the Earth hurtling towards you assuming you maintain your present position in space while traveling in time of course.

Bowties are cool.

So are fezzes.

Can't leave out Stetsons.

Peegee
03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
it's almost necessary to have the following in a time traveling device:

- ability to travel or ease of hiding
- has to be placed somewhere that would not obtrusive, or wouldn't just fall off a cliff when traveling between time

So I pick Delorean, assuming the DR Who time machine is just like the H G Wells one with some spiffy features.

But the Delorean has to be able to fly and has the Mr Fusion "throw rocks in it" power supply.

I would go into the past, throw away relics into the Mr Fusion, and then unmake existence.

Unbreakable Will
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Delorean all the way.
Doctor Who can bite me.

NorthernChaosGod
03-22-2012, 12:10 AM
it's almost necessary to have the following in a time traveling device:

- ability to travel or ease of hiding
- has to be placed somewhere that would not obtrusive, or wouldn't just fall off a cliff when traveling between time

So I pick Delorean, assuming the DR Who time machine is just like the H G Wells one with some spiffy features.

But the Delorean has to be able to fly and has the Mr Fusion "throw rocks in it" power supply.

I would go into the past, throw away relics into the Mr Fusion, and then unmake existence.
The TARDIS is an entire space ship camouflaged as a Police Box. It can fly and is pretty fucking hardy too. The DeLorean wouldn't even withstand those Libyans for very long. :p

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Bear in mind that the TARDIS has a field on it that makes everyone just sort of not notice it. The DeLorean has to hope for caves and muddy sheets if it wants to blend in. With a TARDIS, you can go anywhere and when with no effort whatsoever. It is the superior machine in every regard.

Bubba
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
OK, after quite a bit of research I would have to choose the TARDIS as my time-travel vehicle of choice. Just a couple of things though...

- The Delorean is cooler
- Doctor Who is still probably the worst sci-fi series of all time

However, the deal-breaker for me is the Doctor's new assistant... Jenna-Louise Coleman. If she is in the TARDIS with me then the Delorean can go and fuck itself.

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2012, 04:59 PM
The DeLorean is a shit car that does shit things. Even when it travels through time, it does so shittily. The Back to the Future films are amazing, but that's irrelevant in this regard because the DeLorean is shitty. By having a TARDIS, you're not Doctor Who. You don't have some incredible adventures through space or a vast quantity of stupid "adventures" in space either. You have absolutely no relation to the show, other than having the TARDIS.

This is like asking someone which they prefer: tin cans with bits of string, or a smartphone. Sure, you can have some sentimental value attached to the tin cans, and you could have really enjoyed what was done with them in the film "Tin Cans 2: Revenge of the Baked Beans", but they still can't play Cut the Rope. Smartphones are simply superior is every way - bar containing beans, of course - and to prefer tin cans makes you a wanker. xD

sharkythesharkdogg
03-22-2012, 05:24 PM
As much as I love cars, the DeLorean was never a very impressive piece to begin with. I'd own one for the giggle factor, but that's about it.

With all the flexibility it has, the TARDIS is a much better option. The USS Relativity (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Relativity) isn't that bad of a second option.

Jiro
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
This is like asking someone which they prefer: tin cans with bits of string, or a smartphone. Sure, you can have some sentimental value attached to the tin cans, and you could have really enjoyed what was done with them in the film "Tin Cans 2: Revenge of the Baked Beans", but they still can't play Cut the Rope. Smartphones are simply superior is every way - bar containing beans, of course - and to prefer tin cans makes you a wanker. xD

Why is this analogy so familiar?

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2012, 06:21 PM
I have no idea. I used a cake one earlier, perhaps they have a similar tone?

NorthernChaosGod
03-22-2012, 06:35 PM
OK, after quite a bit of research I would have to choose the TARDIS as my time-travel vehicle of choice. Just a couple of things though...

- The Delorean is cooler
- Doctor Who is still probably the worst sci-fi series of all time

However, the deal-breaker for me is the Doctor's new assistant... Jenna-Louise Coleman. If she is in the TARDIS with me then the Delorean can go and fuck itself.

Alright, you take her and I'll take Karen Gillan.

But I know someone else who can go fuck themselves for not liking Doctor Who. :colbert:

Jiro
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Maybe you just write entertaining analogies.

Unbreakable Will
03-22-2012, 07:10 PM

Maybe you just write entertaining analogies.

We have a winner!

Hollycat
03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Tardis. This reason.
_U0QDt8wiCs

Raistlin
03-31-2012, 08:46 PM
TARDIS, no contest.

Especially if it comes with David Tennant.