PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time!

Pike
03-11-2012, 07:21 AM
It's Daylight Savings for us here in North America. I think most of the rest of you get yours in a few weeks.

Anyways, time to lose an hour! And time to be late for work if you forget about it!

Have you ever had a Daylight Savings Time mishap and been late (or early) for something? :kakapo:

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Man, this would happen as I'm getting a wisdom tooth in and can't sleep very well. :(

Peegee
03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
homer simpsoy: Except for all those 'daylight savings' days... lousy farmers!"

Tigmafuzz
03-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Before I knew about Daylight Savings (I didn't learn a lot for most of my life what with not having a home and not going to school) I got used to standing outside a WalMart or an HEB for a few hours and asking people if they had money for the bus, and after I got enough money I'd go get a little pizza or whatever. But there was one place where there were a few people who knew my situation, and every time they would go by they would give me a few bucks each. The problem was that the place I always saw them had a security guard who was quite an asshole. He thought I was getting money for drugs or something and didn't trust anyone. He also occasionally yelled at people for walking too slowly and other stupid things. I know what it's like to be a security guard but this guy took his job way too seriously and was always a dick to everybody. So I would hang out for a while until the nice people came by and talked to me for a bit and gave me a few bucks to eat, but then leave before the jerk of a security guard came by. Anyway, I knew nothing about Daylight Savings, and when it came around, the people started coming a little later, which to me meant the security guard was coming earlier. And eventually he would catch me before the nice people got there and he would make me leave. One time he actually arrested me for loitering and didn't believe my "made-up crap" about being homeless and stuck me in a jail cell overnight. After my story checked out and they stuck me in my first foster home, he was fired for incompetence. Apparently it was his fourth or fifth offense of stupidity. Although I'm not too mad at him, because otherwise I would've been put in the system a lot later, and would have missed the chance to have been fostered by this nice guy named Joey who introduced me to philosophy and science, and had me home-schooled for a few months to teach me about advanced physics and biology and whatnot. He's the reason I got my high school degree years earlier than I was supposed to, and why I'm only nineteen but already have a couple of degrees in social psychology and astrophysics and the like :D

Jiro
03-11-2012, 11:21 AM
It means that my 6:30am flight is technically 5:30am in REAL TIME. wtf. Queensland doesn't do Daylight Savings because we're not (as) crazy.

Jinx
03-11-2012, 04:20 PM
It means that I skipped church today, lollolololol.

It also means one hour less of SWTOR. :(

I hate Daylight Savings Time.

Sephex
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I get to sleep in on Sundays, so it isn't that tough for me to reset because I always get my sleep schedule screwed due to weekends.

Madame Adequate
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
When I was younger my dad absolutely hated DST. So one year he straight decreed that we're not changing any of the clocks in the house and we're staying on proper time.

It got very confusing.

Værn
03-13-2012, 07:23 AM
I've had some mishaps in the past, but this year I set all of my clocks forward before DST could cause me any problems.
However, my watch doesn't allow me to set a year along with the day/month, so it skipped February 29 not knowing that it's a leap year. It still insists that it's tomorrow because I'm too lazy to fix it.

Peegee
03-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Because the time on my phone is different than the actual time, I took 3 breaks yesterday instead of just the 2 allotted.

Oops.