PDA

View Full Version : Steak Appreciation Thread

Jinx
03-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Because why fruits and vegetables when you can have a delicious rare stake, where the juices flow and the flavours are savory?

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m425/jade2000_ent/steak.jpg

Sephex
03-12-2012, 03:50 AM
I do like steak, just not rare. However, steak tacos from less known Mexican restaurants are always welcome, especially after a night of drinking.

Jinx
03-12-2012, 03:53 AM
I can eat a steak up to medium. And that's pushing it. Anything more cooked that medium makes me gag.

Pheesh
03-12-2012, 03:54 AM
A nice slab of steak is something that you really can't go wrong with, unless you cook it past medium rare in which case you should just leave right now.

Wagyu steak is god tier.

Bubba
03-12-2012, 03:55 AM
That is the sexiest picture I have seen posted on EOFF to date...

Jinx
03-12-2012, 03:56 AM
A nice slab of steak is something that you really can't go wrong with, unless you cook it past medium rare in which case you should just leave right now.

Wagyu steak is god tier.

This, this, a million times this. <3

Psychotic
03-12-2012, 04:08 AM
I have a huge throbbing erection. This is the best thread ever.

Medium rare is ungodly and beautiful. But having said that, steak that is cooked beyond that is not bad. It is still steak, and it still tastes great. It's not perfection, but it sure as hell beats the fuck out of any other kind of food.

NorthernChaosGod
03-12-2012, 04:59 AM
Obligatory.
http://i43.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/35c0t9g.jpg

Raistlin
03-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Steak is amazing, and people who order steaks more cooked than medium rare are horrible freaks who ruin such a glorious meat.

Freya
03-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Medium rare is so nommy! Steak is like, the. best. food. ever. That and potatoes I LOVE potatoes so if I can have steak and some potatoes it's a meal made in absolute heaven!

Jinx
03-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Medium rare is so nommy! Steak is like, the. best. food. ever. That and potatoes I LOVE potatoes so if I can have steak and some potatoes it's a meal made in absolute heaven!

I'm pretty sure you said medium WELL in the fruits and vegetables thread....*shifty eyes*

I like my steak with sauteed mushrooms. OMG.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Just cut off its horns and wipe its arse.

Rantz
03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I only eat steak that's burnt to a crisp. You lot are vampires.

Jinx
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
I only eat steak that's burnt to a crisp. You lot are vampires.

gtfo, rantz

Rantz
03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
You watch yourself or I break out the silver!

Pike
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I like roast beef more than I like steak.

Peegee
03-12-2012, 03:53 PM
rare steak for PG. I can eat med rare but I'd rather not. Anything including or beyond 'well done' makes me sick. Just order a burger.

Alive-Cat
03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
in my day we didn't merely appreciate the steaks, we appreciated life in all its transitional glory and wonder; we roamed the fields freely until we'd converse our naked thoughts, goals and ambitions, we'd love endlessly the night until the morning dawn came and swept away our dreams. we'd appreciate the very animal that gave birth to the animal that would potentially become our steak! what happened to you Eyes On Final Fantasy Forums Experience, you used to be cool!

Freya
03-12-2012, 04:35 PM

I'm pretty sure you said medium WELL in the fruits and vegetables thread....*shifty eyes*

I like my steak with sauteed mushrooms. OMG.
I WOULD NEVER! Actually I didn't xD I posted in that thread AFTER this thread. It's cool, though. You were mistaken but that's alright. I'll let you go THIS time.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Catfight!

Jinx
03-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Freya and I can have a swimsuit mud fight. ;)

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Dibs on front row seats.

Carl the Llama
03-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I like my steak medium rare, but I frequently find that chefs at restaurants have absolutely no idea how to cook steak, once I was out with my family for dinner and I ordered a medium rare steak, my brother ordered medium, mine came out medium and his came out well done... needless to say I was disappointed, I ate my meal and since then whenever I order steak, I always order it rare and it 99% of the time comes out medium rare.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 06:40 PM
In France you must make it clear that you're American/English/Foreign and that you want your steak "bien cuit". Then it'll come out a perfect rare/medium rare.

Freya
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Freya and I can have a swimsuit mud fight. ;)

I endorse this movement.

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I endorse several other movements along with that one.

Mirage
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I eat steak around two times a week, and if it's more than medium, I consider it ruined. I usually try to make them medium-rare.

In France you must make it clear that you're American/English/Foreign and that you want your steak "bien cuit". Then it'll come out a perfect rare/medium rare.Make up your mind. Will i get it rare, or medium rare?!

Quindiana Jones
03-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Depends on the establishment.

Freya
03-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Such as Steak day? I think every like tuesday or something should be steak day were we all have to eat a steak.

Jinx
03-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I could get behind something like that. Rantz isn't allowed, because he ruins his steak.

Mirage
03-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Depends on how high quality the meat is, and how afraid of lawsuits they are, you mean.

Rantz
03-13-2012, 12:02 AM
I could get behind something like that. Rantz isn't allowed, because he ruins his steak.

Burnt. To. A. Crisp.

Mmmmmmm.

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 12:13 AM
This thread started out as something beautiful... and now... I...

This is what it must be like to watch an oil tanker smother a gorgeous sandy beach, or seeing a poacher murder some majestic elephants for their tusks.

:cry:

Jinx
03-13-2012, 12:19 AM

This is what it must be like to watch an oil tanker smother a gorgeous sandy beach, or seeing a poacher murder some majestic elephants for their tusks.

Did you miss the part where Freya and I mudwrestle?

I think we should steak sauce wrestle. Slather ourselves in A-1.

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I appreciate your efforts but it's just going to inspire more awkward comments from Quin. And as much as I'd love to enjoy a contest of strength and skill, he'd say something horrendous like "I've got a sauce you can slather yourselves in - MY PENIS SAUCE!" and ruin it.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm not Steve, Paul. I was just going to say that it would be a waste of good sauce. I want to drink the sauce and fight the women.

Carl the Llama
03-13-2012, 01:08 AM

*drools* can i has? :D

Tigmafuzz
03-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Burnt. To. A. Crisp.

Mmmmmmm.
I like steak with a little char, but this...

Sephex
03-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Most of you would hate my dad upon reading the rest of the responses from my response. He doesn't cook it well done, but he does go past medium well.

NorthernChaosGod
03-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Who the hell actually uses steak sauce? Let the womenz use the sauce.

Bubba
03-13-2012, 01:44 PM

I would gladly eat my steak with no sauce if it meant that FT and Freya provided the in-meal entertainment using A-1.

Don't forget to 'shake well' ;)

Freya
03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
A good steak doesn't need A1 :colbert: If you guys are ruining amazing steak with a glob of blah then you obviously have not been eating the right steaks! :doublecolbert:

Jinx
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
A good steak doesn't need A1 :colbert: If you guys are ruining amazing steak with a glob of blah then you obviously have not been eating the right steaks! :doublecolbert:

Truth.

I guess the same could be said for you and me. ;)

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll be honest, I've never even heard of steak sauce. Why does it even exist?

Jinx
03-13-2012, 02:39 PM
For people like Rantz who burn their steaks, then can't understand why it's completely flavourless.

Slothy
03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Burnt. To. A. Crisp.

Mmmmmmm.

Posting a picture like that should be a bannable offense.

Loony BoB
03-13-2012, 02:59 PM
If you're having it rare because having it well done takes away the taste, you're doing it wrong.
If you're having it well done and then using sauce because of the lack of taste, you're doing it wrong.

Marinate, people. Do it right. A good marinade, cook the steak well done, and it should be flavoursome, tender and not dripping in blood.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Crikey. I never thought I'd see the day when the forums turned on Rantz. It's the women's fault, I tell you! Burn them! Burn them all!

Loony BoB
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Given that I prefer to avoid blood dripping out of my steak, I'm probably closer to Rantz than the rest of you, who clearly just watch Twilight too much.

Although it's been so long since I had a steak that I don't even remember how I like them cooked, but it's definitely sans pink (or just the tiniest line of it), tender and still juicy.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
BoB, if we ever meet, we must cook each other a steak. Like Ready, Steady, Cook!, except without the stupid.

Raistlin
03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Steak without pink is not steak; it is a slab of overpriced leather.

Loony BoB
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Spoken like a man with no experience whatsoever of a properly cooked well done steak. Basically, whoever cooked you your medium-well or well done steaks was doing it wrong. This is something I learned when, after having many a steak at home, I had steak at a restaurant one day, requesting well done as I always do. Urgh. Uuuuuuurgh. Dry. Yuck. Terrible. Never again.

BoB, if we ever meet, we must cook each other a steak. Like Ready, Steady, Cook!, except without the stupid.
While I have watched my parents cook many a steak (Mum was for a few years a professional head chef for the Lord & Lady of St. Michael's Mount, living in a castle! Dad is a veteran with the BBQ over many seasons in NZ), I have yet to cook one myself. I would fear for your life if we were ever in such a position. Perhaps I should take you to my Dad's place someday. xD

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Where the fuck is this "Vampire" shit coming from? Vampires are famous for drinking human's blood, not running around taking bites out of cows.

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Never. This is going to be a maturing phase of your life, BoB. You will learn how to cook.... the perfect steak! *dun dun dun!*

Mirage
03-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Pft, if a bit of blood isn't dripping out of it as you cut it, you're doing it wrong.

Loony BoB
03-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Tell that to the vampire bats, Psy. :p And Quin, who knows, this may someday happen. But it better be in a place outside of Scotland, because there is no room for BBQ when you live with the season of winter all year long.

Jinx
03-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Never. This is going to be a maturing phase of your life, BoB. You will learn how to cook.... the perfect steak! *dun dun dun!*

Oh, you mean medium rare? ;)

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Tell that to the vampire bats, Psy. :p There is a very big difference between calling someone Edward Cullen and calling someone a vampire bat. I wouldn't mind being a bat. You get to sleep upside down in a roof all day, then at night you get to fly about and give people rabies. And eat bloody steaks, apparently. It must be awesome.

In fact I think I am going to make this my life now. Thanks, EoFF!

Quindiana Jones
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Everyone knows that vampires hate stakes anyway.

Thank you! Thank you very much! I'm here all night, folks.

Psychotic
03-13-2012, 04:49 PM
...dear god. Would anyone object if I banned Quin?

Loony BoB
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Comedy gold, right there.

NorthernChaosGod
03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
I never thought there were this many people that enjoyed eating leather. For shame, Pontus and BoB.

Miriel
03-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I like my steak medium. If you start getting into rare territory, you're basically eating steak tartare which is fine, but it's a different thing entirely from cooked steak. Different taste, different texture. And not necessarily BETTER either. Like how ceviche is a totally different taste and texture from cooked seafood.

I will say that well done steak isn't appealing to me at all.