PDA

View Full Version : Why don't I remember Chernabog at all?

KentaRawr!
03-12-2012, 07:43 PM
I played Kingdom Hearts 1 to death and I do not remember this boss in the slightest. I even beat the optional bosses in Aladdin's world and Peter Pan's world. Why don't I remember this lovely, Heartless-looking fellow?

Kingdom Hearts: Chernabog Battle - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqk3BWg4JxA)

Rostum
03-13-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't know, I certainly remember him.

Hollycat
03-13-2012, 02:05 AM
As do I.

Wolf Kanno
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Obviously, someone here has not watched Fantasia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE). ;)

KentaRawr!
03-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I've seen Fantasia. :P That's why I'm so confused that I don't remember Chernabog being in Kingdom Hearts. I literally have no recollection of fighting this boss. @_@

Wolf Kanno
03-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Maybe it has to do with the fight feeling like a complete redo of the Ursala fight then?

Pheesh
03-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Weird, I don't remember it either. Which world was it on?

EDIT: Was it at the end of all those rehashed battles you had to do in 'End of the World'?

Mercen-X
03-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Don't feel bad. There are scenes from Traverse Town I don't remember. I've also mistaken scenes from later installments to have been part of the original. For example, I played through the game multiple times looking for where Kairi was supposed to have the conversation with her grandma at RG. And the last time I played through the game, I don't remember Hook getting all huffy that Wendy wasn't one of the P's o'H. At the moment, I no longer own the game so it's harder to confirm (I always had the theory that somehow they'd altered the Greatest Hits version, since I rented the original but owned the latter).

As Wolf K said, you may not be able to remember Chernabog because the fight felt like a replay of the Ursula uber fight. Hover up-down, attack head, avoid projectiles, repeat. Something like that.

Hollycat
03-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Kairi does have the conversation with her grandmother, just not in RG.