PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy reboot?

SuperMillionaire
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
If Monty Oum won't continue Dead Fantasy (and it seems highly unlikely that he will, since he hasn't put up the 6th installment for quite some time), should somebody else do a reboot of it?

DMKA
03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Only if they leave Kairi out of it.

krissy
03-16-2012, 07:11 AM
i think this guy would be a good choice for this mantle

Final Fantasy Machinima: Real Men (FF Machinima) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/fHEj3XZqEmE)

Vyk
03-18-2012, 09:34 AM
There was a teaser involving Kairi that kinda made me stop hating that she was made a part of it. Its almost all of episode 6. Monty Om hasn't quit. He's just buys. There's also a snippet out there of the fabled match between Ayane and Rikku. And though its only like 3 seconds long, its pretty stellar

Last I heard Monty Om got hired by Midway because of his epic prowess in this area. And from there he moved on to Namco. And I also heard he's been working with the Red vs Blue crew on other side projects. Not to mention all the other stuff that probably isn't so popular. Like his life. And sleep. And I'm not sure a lot of people could accomplish what he can do. The fact that he's coreographing all those intertwining fights so magnificently, mixed with his abilities and knowledge of ripping rendered characters from the games of different formats and animating them all himself. He's pretty hard to replace. Though I wish more people were like him. Fanservice entertainment would be causing nosebleeds

Also he's working on 6 7 and 8 simultaneously like he was doing with 3 4 and 5. So it was bound to take longer