PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Wish list

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2012, 03:39 AM
So it's the 25th Anniversary of Final Fantasy this year. I'm curious to know what they would release as part of the celebration and part of me was thinking it would be super cool to get a massive collection of the series, or have them released in sets of three for each era of the series franchise. So perhaps a four part set of the first 12 games all in their original states so set one would have the Famicom/NES versions of FFI-III, set two would have the 16-bit entries, and set three is the PSX, and set four is PS2. Then each set could come with a fourth disc that is a documentary about the games in the set. Anyone else think this would be a cool idea to celebrate the franchise?

Anything else you would like to see besides a remake of one of the more popular entries or Versus XIII

Carl the Llama
03-15-2012, 03:56 AM
Versus XIII and a remake of FFVII... you knew someone was going to say that so I thought I would get it out of the way xD.

Back to reality I am not sure re-releasing all the games across the platforms and tacking on an extra disk would be a wise move, after all, there are very few games collectors out there and sales of games has been down recently so I think that just releasing a FF through the ages DVD might be a better alternative, as most of the fans are already likely to have most of the games and won't want to shell out for a new set just for the bonus of a DVD.

Del Murder
03-15-2012, 03:58 AM
Anything else you would like to see besides a remake of one of the more popular entries or Versus XIII
Nope.

Sephex
03-15-2012, 04:36 AM
Not sure if I would like another set of rereleases, but I am not sure what I would like...

Maybe a compilation disc is the way to go after all. My mind is kind of numb tonight.

VeloZer0
03-15-2012, 06:05 AM
It doesn't particularly pertain to the 25th Anniversary, but I would really like to see an remake of FF5 in the vein of the FF3 and FF4 DS releases. I really think that FF5 would really benefit from a re-make. (And is the last game in the series I really think needs one.)

I think the FF Compilations sounds great on paper, but they have been so ... proficient ... at exploiting any possible opportunities for re-release the market is probably pretty well saturated.

Hollycat
03-15-2012, 06:14 AM
I want them to finish the remastered crisis core they promised.

Gamblet
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I would really like to see an remake of FF5

Loony BoB
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
FFXI to become free-to-play. Game will be supported through purchases that have no effect on gameplay whatsoever. Also, Windower gets the thumbs up from SE as an okay thing to use. Also, FFXIV gets a new map. Also, FFXIV - released! Instantly! And it's amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Also, FFV remake sounds neat. But that's nothing compared to every FF game remade and sold for pennies! Also, better apparel in the European online store. Also, lots of interviews and giveaways and free stuff for EoFF staffers to make use of. Also, a free Wii to play The Last Story on. Also, *shot by sniper*

Jinx
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
I would love to see FFVI remade for DS, as I've never played it, and wouldn't even know where to look to play it.

Depression Moon
03-15-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't want to buy a DS just to play FFIII. They should release a 2d version of it on Steam or on PSN. I also want a new FF spinoff that's fun

Flying Arrow
03-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Joining the echo chamber here: FFV remake. One thing, though: I wouldn't want it to be done in the way III and IV DS are. More like a high-res version like the FFIV Complete collection.

Also, a brand new pre-rendered FF game in the style of VII-IX. Not like a mash-up of references or nostalgia either. Something brand new. Release it on PSN for $14.99. I'd buy it twice.

Del Murder
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
FFXI to become free-to-play. Game will be supported through purchases that have no effect on gameplay whatsoever. Also, Windower gets the thumbs up from SE as an okay thing to use. Also, FFXIV gets a new map. Also, FFXIV - released! Instantly! And it's amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!
Change my answer to this.

SwordFox
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd like some official merchandise of some kind. Shirts and all that.

Apart from a few generic shirts on eBay, I'm not sure where to go to get decent FF shirts and things.

Also, 100th post, woo!

Wolf Kanno
03-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I would love to see FFVI remade for DS, as I've never played it, and wouldn't even know where to look to play it.

They were initially thinking about doing this but, it turns out that V and VI were too big to be remade on current handheld hardware. So they were going to wait until the 3DS and Vita were released, before making a decision on doing a remake.

Depression Moon
03-16-2012, 02:12 AM

You have FFVI for SNES, PS, PSN, Advance, and PC. If you need some info on that PC version send me a moogle.

Yar
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm pretty much done with the numbered series. It's not getting better anytime soon.

Give me a new FF Tactics game!

Hollycat
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty much done with the numbered series. It's not getting better anytime soon.

Give me a new FF Tactics game!
I could get behind this

Reaca
03-17-2012, 12:28 AM
My vote's for a FFV remake for the 3DS.

Hollycat
03-17-2012, 03:23 AM
My vote's for a FFV remake for the 3DS.
he 3DS is garbagehat might be nice but I would prefer it for regular ds or VITA

VeloZer0
03-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Just because it is on the 3DS doesn't mean it has to use 3D effects. I think that would be a colossal waste of time on SE's part.

Fynn
03-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I actually like the FFXI going free idea the most. But what are the odds of that happening, huh... :cry:

Jiro
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
It appears to be a plausible business model, relying on micro transactions to fund everything.