PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Korra

Hollycat
03-16-2012, 02:51 AM
The Legend of Korra - Upfront Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d-_EoE0JMhE)
Pretty self explanatory. I loved the original show and can't wait for this. I've often wondered how benders would interact in a modern world.

yGnN1DBDxaw
Thanks to Freya for this Teaser Trailer

Freya
03-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Ooo a new trailer? EEe! Cept that trailer looks less cool than the first one. I'll watch it anyway though.

blackmage_nuke
03-16-2012, 06:08 AM
As excited as I am for legend of Korra, that trailer was horrible. And smurf that voiceover guy, they should have gotten the "previously on avatar" guy to do that

Hollycat
03-16-2012, 06:14 AM
It was the only trailer I have seen, find me better ones and I'll put them in the OP.

Freya
03-16-2012, 06:22 AM
yGnN1DBDxaw

It's the one from last summer. The teaser.

Jinx
03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure I really care for Korra's art design, much.

Depression Moon
03-16-2012, 11:26 PM
WHEN IS THIS SHOW COMING OUT ALREADY?

Freya
03-17-2012, 03:12 AM
This April!

Depression Moon
03-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you

Hollycat
03-17-2012, 05:43 PM
I really hope it will be as good as the original, but I doubt it.

krissy
03-18-2012, 03:50 AM
can i watch this without having watched the original avatar
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1224iTAMM1qzlxm4o1_500.gif
because i like the art style way better

Hollycat
03-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Probably, but we don't know yet considering it isn't out.

Freya
03-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Yeah they probably will make it so anyone can pick it up. Otherwise they would be alienating a large crowd. They'll probably recap on anything important.

Jinx
03-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Man, now I have to go back and rewatch Avatar. :(

Depression Moon
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
can i watch this without having watched the original avatar

because i like the art style way better

I'm pretty sure it's the same artist for this show as Last Airbender.

krissy
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
something about the line work seems different
or maybe its just that korra has boobs and aang didn't

Kossage
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
The following contains my impressions on the first episode. No story spoilers, of course, but I thought I'd mention it anyway as a courtesy so that you can skip this post if you don't want to know anything from art direction, music, acting etc. until you've seen the ep. :)

I've been looking forward to seeing this, and from what the first leaked episode showed me, a lot of interesting stuff is going on with nice character dynamics which bounce off of one another. The animation is very good for the most part (not only action but the portrayal of subtle emotions and body language too), the art design is beautiful (gotta love the faux Roaring Twenties feel which Republic City is giving us), the character design is memorable (although I admit I absolutely despised one child character's look, and I hope we won't be seeing much of him although that seems unlikely) and the soundtrack is already a lot more polished and varied than the first series's rather one note feel (gotta love the jazz!).

The voice acting is top notch, which is no surprise considering that Andrea frickin' Romano is directing the VAs. Janet Varney (no literary vampire jokes, please) surprised me positively because the previews didn't really impress me. She has a nice range and can emote well as well as give Korra her distinctive personality. I'm already falling for her thanks to that; there's just something adorable about her enthusiasm as she interacts with various people in her own way. I really enjoy the interaction between Korra and Tenzin and how subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) it is. In other words, pure comedy gold. :D

It's nice how much world building goes on in the very first episode and how it really sucks you into the story. For those people who haven't seen the first series I can say that for the most part it'll be easy enough to hop into Legend of Korra without knowing anything about the first series, although there are occasional references which might fly over your heads (and thus those who have seen the first series will get more out of it). Still, you'll get the hang of the characters, the setting, the central conflict and so on as they're slowly introduced to you.

All in all the episode left a good taste in my mouth, and I look forward to watching the following episodes. The show has a lot of potential to be as good as the first Avatar series (which had its share of flaws, but still...), and it'll definitely be one of the big animation events this year. ;)

Freya
03-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah I just watched the leaked first episode. It was good. The animation is great! It didn't start off with a bang though, it was odd to see old katara o.o

Depression Moon
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Has anyone caught the first two episodes? I really like them, especially the second one I wonder if we have to wait until like a week after April 14th for the third ep.

Kossage
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Both eps were quite nice. I really like the chemistry between Korra and Tenzin, and their VAs do a good job fleshing them out as characters. Track Team's music is already surpassing pretty much everything the team composed for the first Avatar series, and I like how the music's taking (accidental?) inspiration from James Newton Howard's beautiful music from The Last Airbender film. :)

Freya
03-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Oh man I was about to comment on that. The music is gorgeous in this show! I just finished episode two and I was thinking that. Who does the music? I MUST KNOW.

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/tumblr_m1i90kYP6s1qbdsddo1_250.gif

theundeadhero
03-28-2012, 11:23 PM
I'm going to give it a try since I loved the the first show but all the previews don't give me much hope or enthusiasm.

CimminyCricket
03-30-2012, 02:27 AM
I finally found out that the episodes were leaked and I saw them and I am in love. I missed this show so much, it is so damn funny. I can't wait to see more!

Freya
03-30-2012, 05:38 AM
I love the youngest Airbender kid. Meelo, the gif I posted, He's so weird xD I love him! MORE GIFS!

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/horribleteacher4.gif
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/horribleteacher2.gif
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx68/Prettyypenguin/horribleteacher3.gif

krissy
04-04-2012, 04:57 AM
obv i like it
when's the next one coming out?

koss, you're so right, this music is amazing

CimminyCricket
04-04-2012, 05:00 AM
The first episode hasn't even been officially released. I think it comes out April 14 or something like that.

I like most of the character design, but I feel like the fire bender from the Fire Ferretts(sp?) is just, I don't know... I feel like they could have done a better job drawing/designing his character. :C I thought that all of the triad benders had much more clever designs than his.

Freya
04-04-2012, 05:28 AM
But he's so hotttttttt Ed! :3

blackmage_nuke
04-04-2012, 10:36 PM
THe first episode was brilliant, I loved the fighting style movements. The second episode was good too, but not as good as the first episode, though im not really a fan of the bending style used in Pro Bending, though i think thats the point, modern fighting techniques while not as pretty get the job done.

Also I hate how they;ve stopped calling it avatar because of james cameron

CimminyCricket
04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
He's plain boring 'hot'. It's the kind of 'hot' you expect to see in a horrible fan fiction written by a 12 year old girl.

Depression Moon
04-06-2012, 12:38 AM
THe first episode was brilliant, I loved the fighting style movements. The second episode was good too, but not as good as the first episode, though im not really a fan of the bending style used in Pro Bending, though i think thats the point, modern fighting techniques while not as pretty get the job done.

What? Where'd you hear that?

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM

What? Where'd you hear that?

No where, look at the title sequence, it doesnt say Avatar anymore, and I cant think of any other reason they would do that besides the fact that james cameron also has something called avatar

CimminyCricket
04-06-2012, 04:28 AM
That does bother me a little bit.

Mercen-X
04-18-2012, 10:54 PM
So, I was watching tv and a commercial for Married with Children popped on and I found myself thinking Al, Peg, and Kelly went on to do lots of stuff but what about Bud? What about David Faustino? So, I looked him up on Wikipedia. I nearly shat when I found out he'd lent his voice to Legend of Korra... a sequel set 70 years after "...Airbender". Yeah, apparently, they were originally going to call it Avatar: Legend of Korra, then The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra, then it fell to just Legend of Korra. Someone also mentioned someting about a Journey of Korra as the title but it most likely was a mistake.

Freya
05-09-2012, 05:54 AM
This shows soundtrack is just Umph. It's simply amazing. The best on tv right now I'm sure.

G0095lSk0g8

Hollycat
05-09-2012, 05:58 AM
this show is amazing. must not stop watching

krissy
05-09-2012, 06:46 AM
its a pretty sweet ass show
i like that tenzen is like the moral center and the 'what did we learn today kids' of the show

Depression Moon
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Bolin has no backbone.

blackmage_nuke
05-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Bolin is just a nice guy! Korra is a bitch.

Freya
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm totally shipping Borra, or is it called Kolin? I'M SHIPPING THEM! She needs to not be such a bitch and go for Bolin, he was soooo much better for her.

Hollycat
05-10-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd rather ship Korasami. or Asorra

krissy
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Bolin has so many girls though anyway. Like you could hear 'em yelling in the second episode, and Mako keeps complaining about him bringing girls over so I THINK HE'LL BE OK.

I felt so awkward/lolly for him the entire episode though. So funny.

Roogle
05-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh, this is such a good show. I wonder if the second season of this show will be called Spirit? I am surprised by how good the show manages to be and the way that the plot keeps moving fairly quickly. I can't wait to see it again this weekend.

krissy
05-11-2012, 10:17 PM
maybe she can lose some of her powers this season and then the next seasons will still be element based as she re-learns it. it'd be a pretty good plot honestly, the whole getting up after being kicked down from the top, sorta.

blackmage_nuke
05-12-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm totally shipping Borra, or is it called Kolin? I'M SHIPPING THEM! She needs to not be such a bitch and go for Bolin, he was soooo much better for her.

Bolin deserves sooo much better than her.

chionos
05-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Good show, I'm glad it's on and everything, but it's not quite as satisfying and exciting as the original. My kids still love it though, the art and music are great. It's mainly the story that I'm kind of meh about. Meelo reminds me of my 1yr old.

CimminyCricket
05-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I can't wait for Ep. 6 xD Episode 4 and 5 were hilarious.

Depression Moon
05-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Looks like pro-bending is done with. They haven't been showing Korra doing any airbending at all. Hopefully next episode we'll finally see her do some.

Freya
05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Man what cheaters! But that final action scene was so amazingly animated. I bet that ah his name escapes me right now ,the council guy who is on the task force. I bet he's in cahoots with Amon.

Depression Moon
05-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah, he gives off a 'there's not something right with this guy' kind of vibe.

CimminyCricket
05-14-2012, 03:45 PM
I have that same feeling. He is a very shading son of a gun.

McLovin'
05-19-2012, 03:55 AM
alright, this show is fucking awesome. It's genuinely funny without trying that hard. And freakin Steve Blum (Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy etc) does the voice of Amon. I expect great things to come.

McLovin'
05-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Why doesn't Tenzen get any epic lines? Something like "You shall not harm the Avataaaar!"

some funny lines in this one though..."I need to go airsit, i mean babybend, I mean babysit the airbender kids." hahaha :D

And at the end, "I'm gonna do this my way...outside the law."

Hollycat
05-21-2012, 12:04 AM
CABBAGE MAN IS BACK oh, I so happy.

I loved this episode.

Freya
05-21-2012, 12:16 AM
The cabbage Corp thing made me giggle. It even had the statue. I KNEW that her dad had to be involved. That tech was too well high-tech for amon and his crew and the only known inventor they had introduced us to was her dad.

Hollycat
05-21-2012, 01:12 AM
So, I thought this was like a hundred years in the future, but now I see it must be more like 60.

Depression Moon
05-21-2012, 02:57 AM
And at the end, "I'm gonna do this my way...outside the law."

I was surprised hearing that from the chief.

Jinx
05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
I loved how Lin ripped off her shoe and felt the ground with er feet. I thought it was interesting that even though she isn't blind like Toph, she can still see with her feet.

CimminyCricket
05-22-2012, 05:05 AM
That part was really, really cool! I had expected more ass kicking from Tenzen, but he still isn't doing the best. He's a MASTER why is he losing so hard?

Hollycat
05-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Anyone else notice it is STILL only firebenders killing people.

Jinx
05-22-2012, 05:38 AM
I did notice that. My friend and I were discussing Amon earlier this evening.

I have the theory that he hates benders so much because he used to be one. Tenzin says in the one episode that only the Avatar/Aang has ever been able to permanently remove a bender's power, which implies that Aang took away more than just Ozai's bending. I think it's possible that Aang removed his powers which is why he hates Korra so much.

My friend saw that someone thinks that Amon is the physical representation of the Face of Ko. While I find the theory really interesting and somewhat plausible--in Avatar, Ko tells Aang he's meet him again. We don't see that, but it's not impossible he didn't meet him later in life--I find this theory to be somewhat stretched. Why motive would Ko have to take away a bender's power? Unless Aang/a bender/benders/combination met him later in a time we didn't see/haven't see.

blackmage_nuke
05-22-2012, 05:51 AM
Im surprised Lin didnt do the feet sensor thing all the time, She probably couldve prevented the whole Probending terrorism fiasco had she used it to find the explosives/sensed she someone was sneaking up behind her.

CimminyCricket
05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
It's probably not something she feels she needs to use all the time, I mean, she did have an arena full of other metal benders. The thing that I found strange was that the arena isn't that large, but no one heard any of the explosions from the zepplins getting trashed!

Depression Moon
06-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Last episode pissed me off. How could they let Amon take Bei Fong's bending away? Shit, she was the stuff!

McLovin'
06-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Reaction to last 10 seconds: :jess:

Freya
06-17-2012, 10:32 AM
His voice! Same voice actor!

Also I've said I love Meelo right? I love meelo xD

Jinx
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM
His voice! Same voice actor!

Also I've said I love Meelo right? I love meelo xD

All this! I was like OMG ZUKO'S VOICEEEEEE. That makes me so excited.

Also, Lin was my favorite character, so I'm super sad. :( Avatar made a good argument that to benders, that's like...part of their very soul. I'm sad. :( But seeing her tear up those airships was awesome.

And I love how Meelo airbends with farts. It's so great.

Does anyone else think Asami is gonna flip out and get super jealous and help her daddy?

Kossage
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
I hope not. I've been expecting some sort of change of heart and betrayal from Asami (who's cool and voiced by Seychelle Gabriel from TLA film where she played Yue, which is a nice callback) ever since it was so clearly signalled to us in the bits she's been in (the carting scene in particular), but I sincerely hope that's only a red herring by the writers because it'd be sad to see her go off the deep end.

It's kind of weird how the show keeps trying to balance Meelo's antics and it turns out like the writers don't really know what to do with his character. He has his moments of awesomeness and sheer annoyance, and I still haven't warmed up to him. Perhaps later episodes will prove otherwise but until then I'll remain on the fence about his character.

I'm also curious about Amon, particularly his ability to move despite being bloodbended. Tarrlok's a fun guy as well although I wish he could've gone in a different direction than he ended up going.

Hopefully Koh is involved in the plot somehow, but that seems very unlikely unless later episodes pull a surprise; I just miss that ugly creepy-crawlie one scene wonder. It's just kinda unfortunate how crammed the story is and how a little more breathing room could do wonders for the narrative flow.

Overall, this series has been enjoyable, and I look forward to watching new episodes. I do like all these musical tributes to Roaring Twenties jazz and jitterbug pieces as well as how we've had glimpses of the Avatar theme show up in the episodes from time to time to establish musical continuity to the previous series. :)

Jinx
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah, someone thought Amon is the physical manifestation of the face of Ko. I think I already said this.

EDIT: That sounded rude, and I didn't mean for it to. It was more like, "I'm dumb and can't remember what I've put in this thread."

CimminyCricket
06-22-2012, 03:52 AM
I'm sad that Lin's bending is gone and I thought Meelo was the strongest Air Bender of the trio. His attacks, while wild, seemed to be the most potent and powerful. When what's her name (middle daughter) rolled around on the ball I had no choice but to face palm. I doubt they would have just stood there and watched her bounce off all the other chi blockers. :\

I'm hoping towards the end of the next season, or even the beginning, she figures out how to return bending either en masse or to individuals she deems worthy.

McLovin'
06-22-2012, 05:30 AM
I think Amon just blocks people's Chakra so they can't bend. So it's prolly reversible. Cas only Aang was able to actually remove people's bending when he was given the power by the giant lion turtle.

Freya
06-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Yeah, while his people are "Chii Blockers" I bet his is Chakra as McLovin' is saying. But then the blood bending walkthrough thing is kinda o.O

CimminyCricket
06-22-2012, 06:43 AM
I think that was done to show how extreme and awesomely powerful he is. Who knows, I mean I remember Kotara (sp?) was able to resist blood bending so it could be a skill or something. Part of me wants this guy to have come into contact with an adult Team Avatar just for the funs of it and as a way for him to have learned these skills.

rubah
06-23-2012, 08:58 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

no idea what they're going to do in season 2 now.

McLovin'
06-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I was disappointed that I didn't hear something like this when Korra finally airbended.

"You can take my water bending; my earth bending; my fire bending; BUT YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY AIR BENDING!!!!" *AIRWAAAAAAAAVE*

Freya
06-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Yeah what will they do next o.O

The tarlock Amon connection surprised me.

Hollycat
06-25-2012, 02:00 AM
I totally called the tarlock Amon connection.

But seriously, now there isn't anything for season 2. What they should have done (imho) was make tarlok the season one baddie and then over the next two seasons amon takes over the planet and he becomes the big baddie. I think he probably survived, but now if he becomes a bad guy (he will) he wont have support, unless he creates an army of blood benders.

McLovin'
06-25-2012, 02:16 AM
how it really ended:
http://i.imgur.com/vl1Tl.jpg

Depression Moon
06-25-2012, 02:32 AM
What a great end.

CimminyCricket
06-25-2012, 02:46 AM
That felt like the end to an entire series rather than the end of a season.

Edit:

I rewatched the Amon a boat scene and I feel like he survived. I just have this feeling.

Freya
06-25-2012, 03:13 AM
I didn't really like Amon's "ending" it was just kinda "OH YEAH AND THIS IS WHO HE IS AND NOW HE'S DEAD YAYYYY" Kinda just tossed in there all at once after there had been an entire season of "who is this guy?"

Jinx
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, Amon can't be dead. I'd say maybe in the beginning of season 2 he lives a remorseful life, but then he goes crazy over something? FULL MOON? I DUNNO?

Okay, Bolin's face at the end when Lin earthbended was probably the highlight of the ending.

But I agree, it felt like a series finale, almost. I was frankly a little disappointed that they ended the season with all of her powers returning. I understand she finally unlocked her spiritual self, and entered the Avatar state, but I felt it was all tied up in a package way too neat.

Hollycat
06-25-2012, 04:25 PM
My most major complaint was mako kissing Kora. Poor whats-her-name.

Depression Moon
06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Your boy is dead. It would cheapen the scene to me if he had lived. I don't see how he could. He wasn't aware of what Tarlock was doing.

rubah
06-26-2012, 02:29 AM
My most major complaint was mako kissing Kora. Poor whats-her-name.

Seeeeeeeriously!

Freya
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
It’s official: The Legend continues! Nickelodeon has picked up a second season of the animated adventure series The Legend of Korra, EW has learned. After averaging 3.8 million viewers for Season 1, Book 1, which concluded June 23, the Avatar: The Last Airbender sequel received an order for 26 more episodes (which presumably will be divided into two parts called Books 3 and 4.)

The show is already set to return in 2013 (that better be Jan. 1st- OP) with the premiere of Season 1, Book 2 (which consists of 14 episodes, finishing off the original 26-episode order), as 17-year-old chosen one Korra (voiced by Janet Varney) has now become a fully realized Avatar. The cast also includes Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men), David Faustino (Married… with Children), and P.J. Byrne (Horrible Bosses).

Source (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/)

Two more season were ordered! But how int he world will they do that o.o

blackmage_nuke
07-15-2012, 02:19 AM
The end was disapointing, there was so much potential for season 2 which they just threw away by giving korra back her powers AND killing Amon.

I was hoping the second season would be about korra visiting previous incarnations of the avatar by learning to activate the avatar state and as she visits the avatars in reverse element order she regains her bending of those elements.

krissy
07-15-2012, 08:25 AM
ok i had a marathon

soooooooooooooo
goooooooooood
typed each o separately didn't just hold it
sooooo
gooood

they're still on teh fence of which age group they're trying to tell this story to so it's kind of weird, ie milo slash everyone laugh!

i honestly thought that the next seasons were gonna be her finding the other powers again and after she got amoned i thought i was right; there's only 20 mins left right nothing we can do now!

jeez

anyway i reckon they might actually start jumping years in the next season
by the end of the 4 seasons it might be rohan being the main person maybe? i dunno why they'd have him be born at this time to only add situational conflict, there's gotta be more to it.

we'll see

i am excited

friggin mako sucks i don't get why either of the girls like this undecisive prick
honestly not even very good at emotional support
just a good fighter

i think my main complaint was that a lot of scenes end with 'oh that was terrible, hold me like a helpless girl mako please'

just friggin blew up a room there korra, you really don't need to be held like a helpless girl...

maybe i want her to be more badass than she is emotionally, which is pretty terrible of me cause she's awesome already.

Depression Moon
07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
The end was disapointing, there was so much potential for season 2 which they just threw away by giving korra back her powers AND killing Amon.

I was hoping the second season would be about korra visiting previous incarnations of the avatar by learning to activate the avatar state and as she visits the avatars in reverse element order she regains her bending of those elements.

How would that work?

Hollycat
07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/7/17/hUYX6xT8k0apOA-mxHT8GQ2.gif

blackmage_nuke
07-20-2012, 11:33 AM

How would that work?

Well it wouldnt now that she has her elements back. But it makes as much sense as Aang being able to bend her powers back

Arizona Lively
11-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Wait, have you seen Aman's face? I haven't seen Korra bend so I'm obviously behind, but I seem to be the only one who thinks Aman is Aang.

Jinx
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Wait, have you seen Aman's face? I haven't seen Korra bend so I'm obviously behind, but I seem to be the only one who thinks Aman is Aang.

Aang is dead. At this time, he'd be very, very old if he was alive. Besides, Korra could only exist as the Avatar if Aang was dead. Not to mention she's spoken with him in the Spirit Realm.

blackmage_nuke
11-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Aang is dead. At this time, he'd be very, very old if he was alive. Besides, Korra could only exist as the Avatar if Aang was dead. Not to mention she's spoken with him in the Spirit Realm.

What I thought to be possible (early on in the series) was that Korra wasnt really the Avatar, and Aang had energy bent the four elements into her as a convincing way to fake his death and Aman was Aang.

Mercen-X
11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
You know, like Saka said in Korra's flashback, we've seen a lot of things we thought were impossible. Bloodbending, Metalbending, Lightningbending, Bloodbending without a full moon. How many Avatars have taken away bending? Was it just Aang? Maybe it wasn't the Avatar's ability but an extension of an Airbender's ability. Or maybe Aang was able to pass on the Avatar spirit without dying. Aman wears a mask, so it's impossible to tell who is under there.

When what's her name (middle daughter) rolled around on the ball I had no choice but to face palm.

Ikki. And, hey, airbending makes a skilled bender move very fast. Most likely, if they had animated it properly, she would have looked a pinball bouncing.

EDIT: Crap! You beat me, bm. That's also a good theory.

Jinx
11-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Except we see Aman in the finale.

So, no.

CimminyCricket
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, we know who Amon is and we have seen his face.

krissy
11-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I AM SO IN NEED OF SEASON 2 OMGDAOFMASO

Freya
11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I AM SO IN NEED OF SEASON 2 OMGDAOFMASO
OMG I KNOW I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY CAN GO FROM HERE BUT THERE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE FOUR SEASON TOTAL SO I"M TOTALLY EXCITED AND I REALLY MISS THAT AWESOME SOUNDTRACK OMIGAWD

Mercen-X
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31300000/Avatar-LOK-Discovers-Shipping-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-31322602-1280-1504.jpg

This is most likely old as I could swear I've seen that pic of Lin before.

krissy
11-28-2012, 01:11 AM
hahahaha bei fong

The Summoner of Leviathan
11-28-2012, 02:18 AM
NEED MORE KORRA!

I had a conversation with a friends about this and the general consensus was that it ended a little too neatly. I mean, I get that it is a kid's show but still. I would have liked to have seen Korra deal with not being able to bend and come more to terms with her spiritual side. She basically airbended like a firebender. :/

Oh, technically, the next episodes to air is not "season 2" but the second half of season 1. Yeah, they got signed for more episodes than originally planned. :D

krissy
12-24-2012, 04:20 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/62b6020a159eb42e180d004837bdfde8/tumblr_mfideo4G691s1s36jo1_500.png

Agent Proto
12-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Just starting on Legend of Korra after finishing Avatar: The Last Airbender.

krissy
12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
nice!

lookit this! edit!

http://i.imgur.com/A4y6Ih.jpg

Freya
12-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Ooo that's a cool picture!

Jinx
12-31-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm sad to see Katara went back to that awful hairstyle. :(

Freya
12-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Only one who's hair changed is Zukos. Aang just grew a beard same with Sokka.

Jinx
12-31-2012, 08:09 PM
In Season 3 of Avatar she wears her hair differently. It's when they're in the Fire Nation.

NorthernChaosGod
12-31-2012, 11:31 PM
In Season 3 of Avatar she wears her hair differently. It's when they're in the Fire Nation.

She's not from the Fire Nation, why would she have kept that?

Agent Proto
12-31-2012, 11:38 PM

NCG is correct. She only changed her hairstyle as a disguise to hide while in the Fire Nation, so it's only logical she change back once Zuko became Fire Lord.

Jinx
12-31-2012, 11:54 PM

NCG is correct. She only changed her hairstyle as a disguise to hide while in the Fire Nation, so it's only logical she change back once Zuko became Fire Lord.

I really don't care about the semantics behind it.

I just don't like those stupid braid thingies she has as bangs. xD

Agent Proto
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
So when is this gonna continue this year? I can't wait to continue. I just finished the last episode of the first book of the season.

Quindiana Jones
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I have a page bookmarked, but I refuse to watch Korra until I can watch all of the episodes that are ever to be made. :colbert:

krissy
01-06-2013, 08:12 PM
well it wraps up nicely at the end of season 1, cause the team thought they were making a series finale
you're not stuck with a cliffhanger like some of the season ends of avatar

Jinx
06-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with season 2?! Season 1 ended in June of last year, why hasn't this show aired yet? D:

Where's Freya, she always brought us the news for this show.

CimminyCricket
06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
The Legend of Korra - First Book 2 Footage - IGN Video (http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/the-legend-of-korra-first-book-2-footage)

Enjoy :c)

Depression Moon
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
That didn't say anything about when it's supposed to come out.

CimminyCricket
06-20-2013, 08:05 PM
My bet would be sometime this year. As I understand it the writing is finished and they're doing the story board and animation. I stop by Nickelodeon every now and again which is how I first spotted that video.

Jinx
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
I would love for this to be premiered on August 15.

Get on it, Nick.

Freya
06-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Yeah they ware working on the animation and stuff. The next books weren't planned so they are taking a bit longer.