PDA

View Full Version : That One Game That You Are a God At

Pike
03-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Death himself has just paid you a little visit and wants to play a game with you, much like Death played chess with that Swedish guy in whatever old movie that was. He doesn't want to play chess this time, though, he wants to play a video game. Gracious gentleman that he is, he's going to let you choose the title.

If you lose the game, you die.

What game do you pick?

(If it's a single player game then say you're competing for a speed run or a 100% or something. If it's an RPG, um... uh... well the analogy kind of falls flat but WORK WITH ME HERE GUYS)

Anyways. I'd pick the Lion King for SNES, because I can 100% that game on hard difficulty in like thirty minutes.

Jinx
03-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I know where all the shit is, and I'm just perfect with controls, still have all the songs memorized...you know.

I'd have Death weeping at my feet.

krissy
03-18-2012, 06:36 AM
flower for the ps3

NeoCracker
03-18-2012, 07:46 AM
One of the Mario Parties. No matter how nervous I am, that game is so chance based I still have a shot at winning.

Vyk
03-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Hm.. Dragon Force. The whole paper-rock-scissors set-up. I knew that game so well I could pit paper against scissors and still win. Which is not supposed to happen at all

Rantz
03-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Edit: Actually, I want to change my answer to You Have to Burn the Rope.

Crop
03-18-2012, 01:51 PM
TimeSplitters 2.
I can say without a doubt that I could dominate death and anyone else at that game. There is not a single thing I don't know about, or am not perfect at in that game.

leader of mortals
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Give up Robot. The best time I've ever seen for beating that game was less than a minute better than my best time, which is pretty cool.

Psychotic
03-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Pokemon Stadium, mini-game: Rock Harden. :cool:

A few years ago I'd have been confident at Halo 3 but I'm out of practice now. In my prime, I was a god damn force of nature on that game.

Del Murder
03-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Probably Super Mario Bros. 3.

Laddy
03-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I cankill anyone at Soul Calibur II.

theundeadhero
03-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Burger Time

Pete for President
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Ace Combat Zero. Oh how I rock at Ace Combat Zero.

VeloZer0
03-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Hm.. the game I am best at is FFT. And I suppose that would buy me an extra 60 hours of life if I got the time to build up my party for a VS match. :D

Other than that I would have to say the game I am best at is Mega Man X, but being in the habit of watching speed-runs has completely shredded my confidence....

Sephex
03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Mega Man 2. Beat that game with no problem black out drunk before.

Endless
03-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Mario Kart, the snes one, battle mode. I used to snipe people like there's no tomorrow with them bananas.

NorthernChaosGod
03-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I'd just say Skyrim and say first to 100%. :p

I was a beast on Gears 2. I went from being okay on Halo 3 to dominating all my friends. :bigsmile:

krissy
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Ace Combat Zero. Oh how I rock at Ace Combat Zero.

they honestly should do a ps3 remake and have the round table multiplayer
i know ac6 has multiplayer but that's xbox exclusive for some reason

Bubba
03-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Mario World. On one run, I actually got to 91 levels (out of 96) before losing my first and only life. Death would have nothing on me.

Slothy
03-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Super Mario World. On one run, I actually got to 91 levels (out of 96) before losing my first and only life. Death would have nothing on me.

You are one sick Mario playing son of a bitch. I'm not sure if there's a game recently I would feel comfortable challenging death in. Maybe COD4 if I had some time to sharpen my skills again, or TF2, but I'd feel sorry dragging a team into challenging death.

If I were in Middle School or High School again though I'd challenge him to Turok 2 and Team Fortress Classic respectively. Absolutely no one could remove an opponents head as quickly and efficiently as I could in both of those games when I was younger. it got to the point that no one would play against me in Turok 2 since I would regularly finish without dying more than 1 or 2 times to their 20-30+, and in TFC, I stopped zooming with the sniper rifle to make it more challenging. Somewhat ironically, once I adjusted, the game actually got easier. Imagine the best sniper in any game you've ever played being able to remove your head from across the level without zooming in, except now he runs through your base, popping around corners and removing your skull totally unimpeded because they only stop long enough to take the shot and never restrict their field of view.

I was a god among men and it was glorious! :radred:

Hollycat
03-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Warriors Orochi 2 combat, I've never met someone else who has gotten 100% or lasted 400 rounds in survival.

Otherwise, any of the first three Spyro games, I know the location of every last gem.
Same thing with the second and third crash games.

Værn
03-19-2012, 12:55 AM
If you lose the game, you die.
Dang it Pike, you've just killed me T_T

I'm not particularly awesome at anything, but I think I stand a better chance of winning with Smash Bros. than anything else.

Madame Adequate
03-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Eh I'd just let Death choose. If I can't beat him at any game, I don't deserve to live anyway.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-19-2012, 03:43 AM
World of Warcraft. The first to %100 achievements. I feel like that would buy me some time. To be more serious, I am pretty average at every game I've played so I would just end up dying in the end probably. I would maybe challenge death to the original Dragon Ball Z Budokai game as I was decent at that game.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Eh I'd just let Death choose. If I can't beat him at any game, I don't deserve to live anyway.
Just Dance 2.

Madame Adequate
03-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Just Dance 2.

I amend my statement to state "any game that is actually a game" :stare:

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
/smug

Freya
03-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 or Years 5-7. I will lego his ass away. :colbert: Come at me, brah.

Pheesh
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Yeesh, that's tough. Do you think Death is any good at guitar hero? Cause I can play most anything on expert, and those boney fingers must slip around on the frets a lot. I think I'd have the upper hand.

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeesh, that's tough. Do you think Death is any good at guitar hero? Cause I can play most anything on expert, and those boney fingers must slip around on the frets a lot. I think I'd have the upper hand.
I never even thought about that. Guitar Hero/Rock Band would definitely be my second choice.

theundeadhero
03-20-2012, 04:39 AM
Rock and Roll is the devil's music. I think he has you beat.

Quindiana Jones
03-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Burnout Revenge, Road Rage Event.

NorthernChaosGod
03-20-2012, 07:04 AM
DJ Hero

Bubba
03-20-2012, 09:16 AM
DJ Hero

Now that truly is the work of Satan...

Hollycat
03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Me and the devil are gonna play some fiddle hero.

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Tekken 3 or 5. If we are using the PS2 controls. With an arcade machine I'd get stuck with the one where the joystick doesn't work on my end.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I change my decision. I would challenge him to Dance Dance Revolution. I at least used to be awesome at that game.

Bubba
03-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Me and the devil are gonna play some fiddle hero.

Be careful. He's looking for a soul to steal.

Levian
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
A link to the past comes to mind. I've got pretty much the whole game memorized from my childhood still.

Bunny
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
much like Death played chess with that Swedish guy in whatever old movie that was.

It bugs me that nobody has said this yet: The Seventh Seal.

Final Fantasy VI would be my first choice. Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom would be my second.

edczxcvbnm
03-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Bigfoot for the NES. I dominate that game. I am so good the computer commits suicide!

sharkythesharkdogg
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Now there's pretty much no game I wouldn't get beat at, but back in middle school/high school when I spent much more time on video games....

Tekken 3
Rage Racer
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Donkey Kong Country 1&2
Contra 3: Alien Wars

one of those.

Iceglow
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Hmm for me what games could I dominate death at? I would challenge Death to the longest horse race possible in Red Dead Redemption. Paul can testify, that even when he rode his American Standard and I was on a much slower horse I still kept close to him doing that challenge. God knows how I'm such a good horse rider in that game but I am a total boss at it. Heck, Paul even killed my horse twice doing that and I still caught up to him (then I killed both his and Dan's horses and took the lead for all of 3 minutes until they caught up to me)

I could also choose Gran Turismo 3 I'm pretty mean on that, me and my elder brother who actually used to hold a rally drivers license used to race each other on that game, we'd be so very competitive about it and even when I chose a car I sucked with (the NSX, I never fully mastered just how much that car wanted to spin) and let him choose his favourite car I whooped his ass (even if I did have to finish the race doing 70 in reverse to prevent him catching me up!)

If I was going for a shooting game? I'd pick Modern Warfare 3, I'm pretty mean on that especially with the right assault rifle set up, ACR 6.8 + Red dot + silencer with all the stealth perks I could pick up on the route and stalker oh yes yes yes, I creep and I stalk and I'm a good shot with a red dot (holographic = weak to emp though an alternative scope could be the combi scope)

I'd take that Just Dance challenge too, I got enough practise in on the first game over the launch period of the Kinect Sensor that I could manage to do most of the dances, some I even did on expert mode. I'd stand a high chance of losing but it's my bet that Death doesn't have much dancing skill since y'know the big billowing black robes which don't register properly on the kinect sensor to track his dance motions... I could just about stand the chance to win especially if I challenged him to Poker Face by Lady Gaga.

if it was a fighting game I had to choose? I would choose Tekken Tag Tournament or Soul Calibur 2 I was beastly at those games.

I would also consider flying against him in a dog fight on Ace Combat 6 because I'm a mean pilot whose tactics are often not the expected tactics of many of the players I've flown with and flown against. In co-op missions I remember flying with JK-Trix and I was cruising a mere 20ft above the ocean towards enemy ships ;)

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Steve, the topic is to list games you're amazing at. To list.

List.

Iceglow
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Steve, the topic is to list games you're amazing at. To list.

List.

Hmm sure Quinny dear boy...

Hmm for me what games could I dominate death at?

I would challenge Death to the longest horse race possible in Red Dead Redemption. Paul can testify, that even when he rode his American Standard and I was on a much slower horse I still kept close to him doing that challenge. God knows how I'm such a good horse rider in that game but I am a total boss at it. Heck, Paul even killed my horse twice doing that and I still caught up to him (then I killed both his and Dan's horses and took the lead for all of 3 minutes until they caught up to me)

I could also choose Gran Turismo 3 I'm pretty mean on that, me and my elder brother who actually used to hold a rally drivers license used to race each other on that game, we'd be so very competitive about it and even when I chose a car I sucked with (the NSX, I never fully mastered just how much that car wanted to spin) and let him choose his favourite car I whooped his ass (even if I did have to finish the race doing 70 in reverse to prevent him catching me up!)

If I was going for a shooting game? I'd pick Modern Warfare 3, I'm pretty mean on that especially with the right assault rifle set up, ACR 6.8 + Red dot + silencer with all the stealth perks I could pick up on the route and stalker oh yes yes yes, I creep and I stalk and I'm a good shot with a red dot (holographic = weak to emp though an alternative scope could be the combi scope)

I'd take that Just Dance challenge too, I got enough practise in on the first game over the launch period of the Kinect Sensor that I could manage to do most of the dances, some I even did on expert mode. I'd stand a high chance of losing but it's my bet that Death doesn't have much dancing skill since y'know the big billowing black robes which don't register properly on the kinect sensor to track his dance motions... I could just about stand the chance to win especially if I challenged him to Poker Face by Lady Gaga.

if it was a fighting game I had to choose? I would choose Tekken Tag Tournament or Soul Calibur 2 I was beastly at those games.

I would also consider flying against him in a dog fight on Ace Combat 6 because I'm a mean pilot whose tactics are often not the expected tactics of many of the players I've flown with and flown against. In co-op missions I remember flying with JK-Trix and I was cruising a mere 20ft above the ocean towards enemy ships ;)

fixed for you ;)

Rostum
03-23-2012, 12:09 AM
I like to think I can handel most platforming games really well compared to anyone else I've played with, especially Mario games. Then again, I don't really play with many gaming nerds.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-25-2012, 05:47 AM
I'd be hard pressed to pick one, as once online multiplayer became standard I quickly realized how garbage I was at most games. I'd probably challenge him to a deathrace on Skate 2, I was pretty ballin at those. Back in the day, it would have been Virtua Fighter 4: Evo. Lei Fei domination...

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2012, 11:28 PM
It's between Halo Reach (when I was playing constantly), but since I'm out of practice I'll go with Catherine. I'm a fucking beast at that game. :colbert:

Edge7
03-26-2012, 02:17 AM
I'd have to be able to maneuver perfectly, but I believe I could beat him in StarFox 64 (for High Scores, not battle mode).

Loony BoB
03-26-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm not amazing at any particular video game. I'm okay with that, though. If you can't beat him on video game talent alone, beat him with cheating. So, my answer is any game in which you face Death as an enemy. No matter what, I beat Death in the video game, I win. And I doubt he'd want to play a game in which he has to defeat himself anyway. So he'll probably just withdraw and I'll win by default.

black orb
03-27-2012, 12:36 AM
>>> FF1, I can beat the game in one day..:luca:

I used to be good for vertically scrolling shooters but i´ve lost the practice..

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Crash Team Racing - if I can beat Oxide's ghost on every track in Time Trial, I bet I can beat death as well.

Super Smash Bros Melee - I'm very far from the top, but I'm still good enough to place well in very competitive tournaments in this game. I doubt death would be all that good at Super Smash.

Disgaea 4 - First to perfect out EVERYTHING - with the glitch-fix patch installed. Then I'd enjoy the remaining secured 12 years or so of my life.

NorthernChaosGod
03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see some of your Melee skills.

Hollycat
03-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Crash Team Racing - if I can beat Oxide's ghost on every track in Time Trial, I bet I can beat death as well.

You and me need to find a way to play this together.

Alpha2099
03-29-2012, 02:53 AM
I think, after 12 years of playing, I may have attained godhood on The Legend of Dragoon. I'm contemplating doing my next playthrough without any revival items; I swear the last time I played I may have only used them once or twice.

G13
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Speed run in Aladdin on Sega Genesis. Had that game mastered when I was 6, and I knew the cheat code to get through the levels by heart.

Ultima Shadow
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
I'd like to see some of your Melee skills.I don't have any video clips (other than some really old stuff) since both I and the people I usually play with lack any good recording device. I guess I could try recording some stuff with that old video camera of mine next time though. Since half this game is about mindgames, the best thing would obviously be if we could just play each other though. :p

Until then, the only EoFF-proof I have is that I beat Raven Nox, her friend and a level 9 CPU on the same team - all 3 against me - when I was in Carlifornia for a short time around two years ago.

I'd love to challenge you in CTR. Though since I live in Sweden it might be a bit hard. If I ever happen to travel somewhere nearby, we totally have to do it though.

Jinx
03-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I could probably kick Death's ass at Mario 64, too.

Bubba
03-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I could probably kick Death's ass at Mario 64, too.

...and I would defecate on him while he was down.

I am also a God at this game.

Pete for President
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I completely forgot about HAWX. Never met any random I couldn't beat in that game.

Hollycat
04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
I'd like to see some of your Melee skills.I don't have any video clips (other than some really old stuff) since both I and the people I usually play with lack any good recording device. I guess I could try recording some stuff with that old video camera of mine next time though. Since half this game is about mindgames, the best thing would obviously be if we could just play each other though. :p

Until then, the only EoFF-proof I have is that I beat Raven Nox, her friend and a level 9 CPU on the same team - all 3 against me - when I was in Carlifornia for a short time around two years ago.

I'd love to challenge you in CTR. Though since I live in Sweden it might be a bit hard. If I ever happen to travel somewhere nearby, we totally have to do it though.
Indeed. I love that game. I still remember the first character I ever used.

Ultima Shadow
04-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Indeed. I love that game. I still remember the first character I ever used.
Same. I started off with Crash, then switched to Pinstripe. I usually went for N.Throphy during Time Trial, but had a friend who always wanted to use him during multiplayer. I played multiplayer quite a bit, though once I really got a hang of it I won pretty much every single time, and the others were often fighting for second place rather than actually trying to win.

I think I used the penguin a bit too after I unlocked it, but not much.

Rocket Edge
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Tekken 6. I have beaten some of the world's best players before. Me & Yoshimitsu would laugh in the face of death. I'm a solid Call Of Duty player two. I'd let him pick.

EDIT: I forgot to add :smug: at the end of my post. I must look like an :kakapo:

Lionx
04-08-2012, 11:39 AM
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/images/2/2e/Cvs2.jpg

STA Ranbats S3.1 - 3s/CVS2/MVC2 - PT 2 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/o5DGh-Nxr9s#t=01h56m17s)

Bring it. I know this game inside out.

Shattered Dreamer
04-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Any of the Tony Hawk games from 1 up to Underground 2. Death would finally know true misery playing me at any of those!