PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to help contribute to the EoFF site, writing news and blogs?

Psychotic
03-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Have you ever wanted to write your own blog about gaming news and views? I bet at some point or another, we've all had a starry-eyed dream of showing the world how smurfing awesome and superior to those other hacks out there and considered it. Then thought "I cba to get it all set up and promote it so more than 6 people actually read it". Boy do we ever have a proposition for you!

Get on the frontpage of one of the world's foremost Final Fantasy sites which already attracts thousands of visitors.
Infrastructure already in place - no need to set anything fancy up or work on designs!
Work with a team of helpful and friendly people who will provide useful feedback if you would like, helping you be the best you can be!
Put it on your CV/Resume! Yes, "I write blogs about a Japanese video game series!" is not employment material. How about "Responsible for maintaining and creating news content on a leading high traffic site"? Doesn't sound too shabby, no?
Gain internet respect, popularity and fame! ;)
And finally... tell the world what YOU think! You're smarter than all these Sephy fanboys, and wouldn't you just love to let them know that? Wouldn't you enjoy creating thought-provoking content about a much loved game series? Can't you see yourself writing witty, clever and insightful pieces and maybe even - god forbid - finding yourself enjoying it?

If you're interested, send Loony BoB a Mognet Message (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=22) with details of why we should hire you. It could be a CV, it could be an example of what you'll do, it could just be a one-liner for all we care! Be creative and surprise us.

News we try to cover: The Final Fantasy series, Square-Enix and Square-Enix RPGs such as Kingdom Hearts, Mistwalker and Mistwalker RPGs such as The Last Story, Nobuo Uematsu and Final Fantasy music.

We'd love to hear from you!

Mercen-X
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd love to! Sadly, I haven't the time...

Hollycat
03-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Can't.... Stay.... away.... from.... VITA!

no... fight it!

must... write article.....

3 seconds later:
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/114/1141014/final-fantasy-iv-complete-collection-20101220100505199_640w.jpg

Pike
07-05-2012, 05:37 AM
I would like to point out to perhaps any newcomers to the site that while we are no longer actively looking for Editors, if you are interested and willing to send us a couple of samples of your work, then do still get in touch with us! :) You never know when we'll pull your name out of the Potential Staff Hat.

Greatermaximus
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Uncreative - to add something to my resume. I'll see if it leads into something.

I can do some editing. You'll have to send it to me a week or two in advance to ensure I'll respond. I'll use the first post as an example.

----

Do you dream of writing your own blog about gaming news and views? We've all had a starry-eyed dream of igniting imaginations with our awesome and superior stories. Then thought "I cba will sponsor informing more than six people who actually read it". And do we ever have a proposition for you!

Get on the frontpage of one of the world's foremost Final Fantasy sites that attracts thousands of visitors.
Infrastructure already in place - omit setting up anything fancy or work on designs!
Work with a team of helpful and friendly people providing useful feedback!
Put it on your CV/Resume! Yes, "I write blogs about a Japanese video game series!" is not employment material. How about "Responsible for maintaining and creating news content on a leading high traffic site"? Doesn't sound too shabby, no?
Gain internet respect, popularity, and fame! ;)
And finally... tell the world what YOU think! Make the Sephy fanboys jealous with your superior creativity from your thought-provoking content about a much loved game series. You'll see yourself writing witty, clever, and insightful pieces and, heaven forbid - finding yourself enjoying it?

If you're interested, send Loony BoB a Mognet Message (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=22) with details of why we should hire you. Be creative and surprise us. Examples are a CV, what you plan to contribute, and/or a one-liner for all we care!

News we try to cover: The Final Fantasy series, Square-Enix and Square-Enix RPGs such as Kingdom Hearts, Mistwalker and Mistwalker RPGs such as The Last Story, Nobuo Uematsu and Final Fantasy music.

Night Fury
03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Uncreative - to add something to my resume. I'll see if it leads into something.

I can do some editing. You'll have to send it to me a week or two in advance to ensure I'll respond. I'll use the first post as an example.

----

Do you dream of writing your own blog about gaming news and views? We've all had a starry-eyed dream of igniting imaginations with our awesome and superior stories. Then thought "I cba will sponsor informing more than six people who actually read it". And do we ever have a proposition for you!

Get on the frontpage of one of the world's foremost Final Fantasy sites that attracts thousands of visitors.
Infrastructure already in place - omit setting up anything fancy or work on designs!
Work with a team of helpful and friendly people providing useful feedback!
Gain internet respect, popularity, and fame! ;)
And finally... tell the world what YOU think! Make the Sephy fanboys jealous with your superior creativity by creating thought-provoking content about a much loved game series. You'll see yourself writing witty, clever, and insightful pieces and, heaven forbid - finding yourself enjoying it?

If you're interested, send Loony BoB a Mognet Message (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=22) with details of why we should hire you. Be creative and surprise us. Examples are a CV, what you plan to contribute, and/or a one-liner for all we care!

We aren't currently looking for any more members to come over to the editing staff at this moment, but thank you for registering your interest. Being an editor is more than just 'editing' what has already been written by others, it's about writing news pieces and features to have placed on our glorious front site!

If you're really serious about this, then try writing a few pieces and send them along to someone from our editing team and with any luck we'll try to get you on the front site in no time!