PDA

View Full Version : Many Truths, the most important cutscene ever.

Hollycat
03-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Tetsuya Nomura yesterday announced that Many Truths will be revealed at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D, including the true form of Ansem and Xeanhort, and that many questions will be answered. He also mentioned that the silver haired boy and Axel would be the most important characters. This news means that this will be a pretty much mandatory game for fans, and will most likely be the end of the Story set in motion by Kingdom Hearts 2, allowing us to finally begin part three. In short, the Xehanort Cycle will be completed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/17/many-truths-will-be-revealed-at-the-end-of-kingdom-hearts-3d/

G (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/17/many-truths-will-be-revealed-at-the-end-of-kingdom-hearts-3d/)uess I'm going to have to go buy a 3DS...

Freya
03-19-2012, 12:45 AM
That link wont work :(

Hollycat
03-19-2012, 12:47 AM
The site crashed due to an influx of visitors, give it a minute, I'll try to find another copy.

Here is a less expansive link:
http://mynintendonews.com/tag/kingdom-hearts-3d/

Mercen-X
03-19-2012, 08:32 PM
If it's true Xehanort's menacing legacy will be done and done... then what will 3 be about? Frankly, I don't think Square's planning a 3.
Final Fantasy has been great because each story is it's own. There may be plot holes and unanswered questions, but most of the time, the player is left satisfied that the big bad is dead and the world is at peace. Sequels that involve an entirely new menace are usually a flop. Just look at DoC and X-2 for proof. Despite the fact that these supposed new menaces were at least in some way related to the original big bad of the game which spawned them, both were still poorly received. It's harder to build a story around an enemy with different motivations from the original. So the game ends up feeling different and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong, I loved DoC and X-2, but I've played other games' sequels and spin-offs I couldn't enjoy as much as the original so I feel I know where this seemingly misplaced spite is coming from in fans who dislike spin-offs.

Someone stated on that site that there is no way the Xehanort Saga is ending with 3D. We'll have to play through the full Kingdom Hearts 3 on PlayStation3 before Xehanort is gone for good. A true trilogy. The only other option is to make 3D the last installment in the trilogy and to follow with Kingdom Hearts 4 on PS3.

Wolf Kanno
03-24-2012, 07:56 PM
It's not suppose to end the Xehanort cycle, Nomura has not stated that. KHIII is suppose to end the Xehanort storyline, which he has said before (http://andriasang.com/comwyu/famitsu_squenix_feature/). KH3D is suppose to set up everything for the conflict that is going to be KHIII, so basically the 3DS entry will most likely be about Sora meeting the real Xehanort that Ansem-SoD and Xemnes was based off of (and whom you met if you finished Birth By Sleep). So worry not, KHIII isn't going to have a new protagonist starting a new story. Nomura simply mentions that Xehanort's true ambitions will be revealed in the games ending, but that just means the players will know what is at stake going into KHIII.

I honestly can't even fathom what KH will be like after Xehanort is gone. If the series wasn't one of the biggest selling franchises for Squenix, I would almost feel that Nomura should simply end the series with KHIII.

Mercen-X
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
If the series wasn't one of the biggest selling franchises for Squenix, I would almost feel that Nomura should simply end the series with KHIII.

Lawyered

Sword
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I feel we still don't know that much about the KH lore, like the thousands of other Keyblade weilders from the past. Were there any legendary heros before Sora? That could be cool to explore, I'm sure a spin off plot without Xehanort would be feasible.

Arizona Lively
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Did someone say thousands?

I mean there's a KEYBLADE graveyard with thousands of blades, but that doesn't denote thousands of wielders. Keyblade forms are created from a wielders heart. Apparently, most of Sora's keyblades end up copying forms taken by earlier wielders due to Ventus's memories of his days as a wielder, Terra, and Aqua. Notice that Sora never uses any of the keyblade forms availalbe in Days (save ones he already knew of) because when Roxas re-merged with him, Roxas's memories (including Xion and Namine) were sent to oblivion), Sora only left with a lingering impression of familiarness toward Twilight Town.