PDA

View Full Version : Griever is...

ReloadPsi
03-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Okay, some of you may remember like four or five years ago when I did this thread where I showed the many, many differences in the French version of the game, some of which more closely reflected the original Japanese, some of which were random as hell like Ward taking a vow of silence instead of losing his voice, and the many fourth wall breaks made by characters.

One thing that was different was Ultimecia, right before summoning Griever, mentioning that she's going to create a monster from your imagination (I named it Stay Puft once because of this.) Sure enough, out pops Squall's favourite legendary lion thingy. However, right before it uses Shockwave Pulsar, Ulty brags about "possessing a GF of her own" and orders Griever to shred you.

Now I've read (don't ask me where, I forget) that the whole thing about creating Griever from Squall's imagination IS supposedly confirmed as completely canon. But the fact that Ulty still insists on mentioning GFs? I speculate that she has some kind of blank slate GF that takes on the form of the enemy's imagination, which in itself would be quite clever in terms of limitations: it'd be rather worthless against a less-than sapient enemy. (This, however, does raise questions on how the heck she knows the name of what she creates while fighting Squall.)

Thoughts?

MJN SEIFER
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
If you scan him it says he's "from Squall's mind". I personally think that he may represent Squall's despair as well, based on the ending.