PDA

View Full Version : Best I ever had

Unbreakable Will
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
So I recently fell into a job that takes little to no effort on my part, I'm a dock manager at a local paper. This basically means that I make sure our sections of deliveries get the necessary paper inserts for the day. My work day consists of; Looking at manifests, put out appropriate papers, sit around for 3-5 hrs awaiting the semi-truck, signing for delivery, waiting for another hour, doing my returns and putting out in-house material. The pay is fantastic, possibility of benefits and only two other managers above me. No clue how I got the job, but there is a god and he love me long time.

What's the best job you've ever had?

Sephex
03-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Sadly the current one I have. I have complained about the faults it has in another thread, but I can't deny that my pay is the best I have ever had (even though I know for a fact that I am severely underpaid), and I have great medical benefits.

Jessweeee♪
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
My current one is the only one I've ever had! And for a first job I think it's good. Benefits, and I am getting paid a tiny iota more than minimum wage!

Crop
03-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Not counting the summer camp I worked at last summer in the US (doesn't count anyway, the pay didn't even cover the costs it took to get there), it would have to be when I worked for the Legal Department of my local council.
I had access to all the legal documents in my county, was first to know any information or changes that were happening in my area, had amazing bosses and staff I worked under and alongside, light workload, and my boss was so nice he often let me leave halfway through the day on full pay.

Shame my contract ran out, and even then they all tried to create a permanent position for me. Shame it never happened, I still miss it a year later.

Shiny
03-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Working on a feature film. I'd like to do more of that in the near future.

Pike
03-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Writing has been pretty great. Tough-- very tough-- but very rewarding. All the pain (and there's a lot of it) that comes with novel-writing pays off in spades when I get personalized feedback from publishers, or when people tweet me and tell me how much they love a particular character, or when I see 5 star reviews on GoodReads.

Freelance writing about topics that are given to you is tougher and not nearly as "fun" (if you can call book-writing fun, and I usually don't xD) but still not a bad gig, really.

In the case of jobs with a steady paycheck, I did love working at PetSmart. Being a film developer at a photo-finishing booth is a close second. That job went extinct nice and quick with the rise of digital cameras, though.

Peegee
03-22-2012, 12:01 AM
This is great news and I am pleasantly amazed and genuinely happy for you <3

I dunno what the deal is over there though :S

Shlup
03-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I miss working at Disneyland. I also miss my teacher paycheck. Both of those jobs had serious drawbacks though, so I guess my favorite job would have to be nursery school teacher. I got to play with babies all day, I had a great boss, and the pay was decent.