PDA

View Full Version : Which FF have you put the most time into?

Pike
03-24-2012, 05:43 AM
For me it was FFTA hands down with 400 hours or so, and I have no shame and no regrets.

And yes, I'm sure some of you are up in the thousands with some FF games, so don't be shy and tell us about them! :raichu:

Hollycat
03-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Crisis core. I have done six complete playthroughs, 2 on regular and 4 on hard, getting 100% on all missions. I'm pretty much Crisis Core'd out for a good 2 years.

I don't know actual times so here is a countdown.

1: around 15 playthroughs, only ever completed the bestiary once.
2. four complete playthroughs, all with dawn of souls, only one had complete bestiary
3. up to the point where you have to fight using only magic and there is nowhere to rest, then I gave up.
4. 4 playtroughs on the ds version. 100% complete. currently working on 4complete for VITA
5. A BUNCH of playthroughs. only one all the way through in advanced mode, but I have reached the final dungeons a ton of times. 100% bestiary.
6. Never finished, started and got the the final dungeon 5 or six times, only to stop playing.
7. around ten complete playthroughs, beaten ruby and emerald.
DOC: 5 hours.
CC: see above, probably over 1600 hours of gameplay.
I really liked this game, it goes well with a pile of candy.
8. 2 full playthroughs 100%
9. 3 full playthroughs, only beaten ozma once.
10. 3 playthroughs, only one completed. Never challenged omega or began the arena.
10-2. started about 20 times, every time I restarted at the end of chapter 3.
11. never played.
12. 2 full playthroughs, 1 at 100% around 230 hours.
RW: never played.
13. ten hours.
13-2: I picked it up in a gamestop then put it back on the shelf.
14. never played.
Tactics WOTL: 1 full playthrough. Pretty much mastered.
TA: 2 full playthroughs. mastered.
TA2: 100% complete, one playthrough.

Crystal Chronicals: you bring any of these games in my house and I will stab you in the eye with a spork.

Heroes of light: lol.

Wolf Kanno
03-24-2012, 06:15 AM
In terms of what the game clock says... Probably FFXII where I've clocked in close to 200 hours on it, and I still don't have any character higher than Lv. 80.

Yet overall, I'm going to say FFVI and FFVII, I've probably replayed through both of these games more times than the rest of the series. I still have a fairly good memory of both titles despite my last playthroughs being a few years back. I can proudly say, I've uncovered most of secrets of both games without a guide, just plain old trying out new things and experimenting. Hell, I'm still learning new things about each game when I play them today, and when I read up on stuff. They are probably the only games where I actually have fun reading through mechanics guide and pages of accessories and enemy lists.

Though if I was going by a Square RPG overall, Chrono Trigger has probably received the most love from me of any RPG. :love:

VeloZer0
03-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Hm... I've probably invested 700-800 hours into FFT. Next closest would be FF7, I'm going to guess 400 hours on that. After that I don't really know. Probably FF4 or 6, but I probably don't have more than 200 hours in either of them.

Freya
03-24-2012, 07:06 AM
IX. I probably have like 500 hours total combined of all myplaythroughs. Maybe more than that. Dat game umph.

Raistlin
03-24-2012, 04:01 PM
For all time, probably FF7, due to many replays in my early teens. Next would be FFT.

In one game, FF12, with something well over 100 hours.

Gamblet
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Maybe FF VIII, it was my first FF, so I blasted through that game like 3 times straight, after a few years I played another 3 times so, if every playthrough took like 40 hours, I guess it is around 240 hours.

ScottNUMBERS
03-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I have racked up 13,226 hours on my main character on FFXI, Depressing to think that's equivalent to well over a year and a half of non-stop play.

Other than FFXI:

I have completed FFIX 5 times, each with playtimes of 80-150hours, couldn't give an exact figure due to long-lost saves but I would imagine it amounts to at least 450 hours in total.

My longest single save file goes to FFX with just over 310 hours.

Jiro
03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
This thread makes me feel better about myself :greenie:

Depression Moon
03-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't count the hours, but I've played IX at least once a year since it came out some years twice.

Flying Arrow
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
Counting all playthroughs ever, probably VII for me. I think I've gone through that game 6 or 7 times, but not always all the way through each time. I've even hung out with friends while they did their playthroughs too. All in all, I'll say I've given VII about 300+ hours of my life since I played it for the first time in 98 on PC.

After that I'm not really sure. I've played VI at least 3 times in my life, but probably never took longer than 40 hours to do everything I felt like doing. V and VIII have a few playthroughs each, too. When VIII came out, I was really into it so a lot of hours have gone into that one.

As far as first-time playthroughs go, I think the longest I ever clocked in an FF was XIII: about 79 hours. I know what you're all thinking, and I'm pretty baffled too. XII, with all its content, took me 75 hours. I honestly can't recall what took me so long with XIII. I must have blacked out while playing like eight or nine times.

VeloZer0
03-25-2012, 01:08 AM
In game clocks are not such a good measure of time for those of use who are in the habit of falling asleep without turning the game off. :eep:

Flying Arrow
03-25-2012, 01:25 AM
That doesn't really happen to me. I just switch off and go to bed. I think my inflated XIII time comes from me just taking it real slow, tinkering a lot, "exploring" (literally, stepping into every nook in hopes of finding something), etc. I think I was at almost 40 hours or so once I arrived at Hope's father's house. I actually just have developed the worst kind of gaming OCD these past years. :cry:

Mercen-X
03-25-2012, 10:26 PM
VII, X, XII, IX, X-2, VIII, 7CC, 7DC, IV, I, II, V, VI, T

I still haven't been able to play III, I haven't played TA, and I don't have a PS3 or XBOX360 so I can't play XIII. If I'm allowed to count Vagrant Story, it would go between 7DC and IV.

Accomplishments:
VII: none by my standards, I haven't ever defeated Ruby or Emerald
DC: special ending
CC: haven't actually beat it. My PSP got fragged.
VIII: Acquired Bahamut, defeated Ultima, acquired Eden, faced but never defeated Omega
IX: everything except defeating Ozma and acquiring ExII
X: Pretty much everything, I think...
X-2: special ending... I believe I defeated Shinra's final creation (non-INT version)
XII: I've already long since screwed my chance to obtain Zodiac Spear... I still have to obtain Chaos, Famfrit, Hashmal, Shemhazai, Ultima, and Zodiark.

Reaca
03-26-2012, 02:23 AM
I'd say I put the most time in Final Fantasy IV. I can't tell you how many times I played through that game, I've gotten everything except the Pink Tail from the Pink Puffs.

Sephex
03-26-2012, 03:37 AM
IV. I was obsessed with it as a kid. Countless hours was poured into the game, even in my adult life. A close second would be VI followed by VII, though.

Loony BoB
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Having played XI and XIV, it's hard to say if I've played VII more than those two during my many playthroughs. I think VII probably wins, but I'm not certain by any means. One of the three, anyway. After those three are out of the way, it'd probably be V, VIII or XII.

Bubba
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
I'd have to say FFVII after playing through it countless times. I've only ever beaten Emerald and Ruby once though.

The only one that would push this close would be FFX after I became a bit obsessed with Blitzball.

Del Murder
03-26-2012, 08:43 PM
There are 3 almost answers for this question and one real answer. The almost answers are FFVI, FFVII, and FF Tactics.

FFVI - In my first playthrough of FFVI (many many years ago) I got all characters to level 99 and learned all magic for each of them. I also went on a quest to collect every item in the game, and fell short of having about 5 items (I did have to duplicate some items with Game Genie in order to preserve the one-time items you need to wager to get other stuff). I easily capped out on 99:99:99 time on that save. Since then I've played it a bunch more times but none as hardcore as that, though I do get through all the sidequests each time and try to learn all spells with at least one character (Terra).

FFVII - Similar to VI, on one run I went hardcore and tried to get all the items. I also got all characters to level 99 with all limit breaks. My final challenge was a full set of master materia for all three active party members. One you get for free, but the others were a bitch to do and I think I only made one other full set, plus a third Master Command materia since that one's easy (maybe Master Magic too). I capped out on hours on that save, which wasn't my first playthrough. I think I've gone all the way through about two more times, achieving all sidequests, etc.

FF Tactics - Only 3 playthroughs, but this is a monster of a game that it can eat up your life pretty quickly. Especially if you go down to Deep Dungeon and want to get all the items, which I did do once (even got Zodiac). The time played in your save is not the true time due to several resets trying to get items in DD. I'm pretty sure I clocked 150 hours on that save alone.

The real answer, though, is Final Fantasy XI. I think my character has logged over 200 days of playtime (4,800 hours). Let's say about half of that was spent idle lfg or in Bazaar while I did other things. That's still a buttload of time spent on one game. For my achievements I more or less maxed out Blue Mage (maxed for that time) with all spells and full sets of relic gear (ok, no feet but they suck), all the elite gear sans relic weapon, and completed all 13 storylines. Plus I had a level 80 Paladin hanging around with some pretty decent gear himself.

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Hours of me actually playing the game: FFX
Hours clocked in on my savedata: FFXII, 'cause I totally exploited Negalmuur xD

Scotty_ffgamer
03-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I rarely ever pay attention to my total play times, but this would definitely go to Final Fantasy VIII. That is my favorite Final Fantasy and I have played it all the way through probably 3 times (and that is a lot for me. I rarely ever replay games outside of old platforming games). I would say I've put in about 130 hours into VIII though. IX would be in second place simply because I started playing that game probably 5 times. I have only beaten it once though as I did not like the game when I first played it, and then when I tried it again I discovered one of my discs was messed up. I never understood why I did not like that game when I was a kid because it is my second favorite FF (if not tied with first) now.

black orb
03-27-2012, 01:12 AM
>>> FFX, customizing that sphere grid took a lot of time..:luca:

TaylorS
04-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Definitely FF6, followed by FF1, FF4, and FF7. I haven't played any after FF8.

Mirage
04-08-2012, 08:10 AM
About 200 full days in FF11.

Alpha2099
04-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Either 6 or 7. 3 felt like it took eons, but that's more to do with the insane difficulty. I bet I'll sink a lot of time into 5 when I start playing with the jobs.