PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad: Upgraded! Level 2, 3 and 4 cards along with new features!

Loony BoB
03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Our Triple Triad software has recently been upgraded to Triple Triad Pro, which allows for a bunch of new features. To check them out, click the spoiler tag below or just go into the Triple Triad tab at the top of the forums and play around to find them!

Features - Pro

Core Features
Watch Live Matches in realtime
Watch Match Replays after they've finished
Manage users decks and money within the ACP
Full game music and sound effects during battles
God Mode CPU AI Technology to make the most difficult AI players possible

Profiles
View users recent matches
View user trades

Trade Center
View open or closed trades
Create your own trades offering/requesting as many cards as you desire, and money!
Accept open trades at any time for instant swaps/transactions

Battle Arena
Watch any live match or match replay

Tournaments
Create tournaments with 2, 4 or 8 members
Set money/points to be the prize
Automated tournament handling so no idle users will stop the game play
View tournament grids to see who has made it through
Creating/Deleting tournaments permission based

Statistics
View who's in the Hall of Fame or Hall of Shame
See who's collected the most cards
View the most watched match replays

Database
View all cards, of all levels, of any set at any time

Regarding music, we don't have the files sorted just yet. We need to create an intro mp3 and a loop mp3 out of the Shuffle or Boogie music. If anyone is able to help me sort this out, it would be seriously appreciated. If you're good with editing sound files, catch up with me via Private (Mognet) Messages (http://home.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=22).

To go along with the upgrade, I've now enabled level 2, 3 and 4 cards. You can get level 2 cards by buying them (the price will go down over time, but for now it's an insane amount)... but you're far better off just challenging Balamb Student, who could be beaten by a two year old. Use those Level 2 cards to challenge Balamb Dropout, who is slightly better, has a few more rules enabled and uses Level 3 & 4 cards.

You can also challenge Quistis Trepe whenever you like. You won't lose any cards or win any cards, and she only uses level 1 cards at the moment. She's a 'God Mode' CPU, so is as good as they come despite her modest cards. Take her on with level 1 cards if you feel like testing yourself! And a quick congratulations to Ultima Shadow who has already beaten her on his first attempt (it's sudden death, so he had a couple of draws but got her on the third round - feel free to watch his game here (http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=arena&act=replay&id=574). :)

Around the time of the next Ciddies, higher level cards will become available. You'll be able to get cards up to level 7 through challenging CPU players, but levels 8 and above are not planned to be released outside of events, where participation and of course victory will allow you to get access to the best cards around!

So, if anyone is up for a game, feel free to challenge me, or someone else! :D

krissy
03-25-2012, 03:04 PM
its christmas

Ultima Shadow
03-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I actually started another match with Quistis even earlier. However... I think I started that one before everything was finished, because it kinda stopped midway. Only 3 cards are in play and it's basically Quistis' turn, but she doesn't do anything at all. =O

Anyhow, these are some awesome new additions. I've experienced a bug where the AI appears to play two cards in a row. But it can usually be fixed by refreshing the page.

Freya
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
So you broke the forum skins because you were upgrading triple triad? lol

krissy
03-25-2012, 05:24 PM
it froze up on me so i clicked somewhere else in the forum...does doing that mean you lose all your cards you had in the deck? i have negative of some cards now i'm not sure how probably magicks.

Loony BoB
03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
So you broke the forum skins because you were upgrading triple triad? lol
No, that was a result of upgrading vB from 4.1.4 to 4.1.11 - the stylevars were changed which meant a lot of things were in conflict.

krissy / Ultima Shadow - don't forget you can always go back to games that froze mid-play by clicking on the 'Active Battles' drop down menu under the Triple Triad tab. =]

Ultima Shadow
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
krissy / Ultima Shadow - don't forget you can always go back to games that froze mid-play by clicking on the 'Active Battles' drop down menu under the Triple Triad tab. =]It was actually frozen so that the AI wouldn't act even though I went back to it a few times. But it started working again today, so now all is fine. :greenie:

I finally got all of the level 2 cards. 37 cards collected in total. :cool:

Loony BoB
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
krissy / Ultima Shadow - don't forget you can always go back to games that froze mid-play by clicking on the 'Active Battles' drop down menu under the Triple Triad tab. =]It was actually frozen so that the AI wouldn't act even though I went back to it a few times. But it started working again today, so now all is fine. :greenie:

I finally got all of the level 2 cards. 37 cards collected in total. :cool:
Yeah, it's a shame the Pro version doesn't come with bug fixes. D= But I've found that playing the game in a single window/tab at any one time seems to stop me from getting many bugs. I've played a lot of games lately with only one bug. Playing with two windows open caused me to get a lot of stalling games.

Ultima Shadow
03-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, it's a shame the Pro version doesn't come with bug fixes. D= But I've found that playing the game in a single window/tab at any one time seems to stop me from getting many bugs. I've played a lot of games lately with only one bug. Playing with two windows open caused me to get a lot of stalling games.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I tried to start many games at once before and play them all at the same time - but when I just have one window open at a time, I see less bugs.

Also, now I'm only missing 4 cards. 3 level 3 cards and 1 level 4 card. :greenie:

Edit: All level 1-4 cards aquired! :greenie:

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Good Job.

Jiro
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I regret accepting your game invite now, I only have the level 1 cards and some level 2. Hmm.

Raistlin
03-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I've started to experience some bugs where the AI appears to move to one space, but actually moved to another (sometimes with a different card). It's impossible to tell if it happened without refreshing the game every time the computer moves; the only time it was obvious was one time when the computer moved to an off-grid spot.

It didn't happen for a long time, but lately this bug occurred at least once in perhaps half of my last 6-8 games. Maybe once every 10 or so computer moves.

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2012, 06:24 PM
Did everyone's gil get nerfed? I could have sworn I had more.

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 06:36 PM
I think I still have all mine.

Ultima Shadow
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I regret accepting your game invite now, I only have the level 1 cards and some level 2. Hmm.
That's ok - I noticed, and so I'm only using level 2 cards in our match. Plus, with the "plus rule" even cards can win sometimes. :greenie:

Also, this is a totally random wild guess: your last card is a Torama, BoB! If it's not, then "darn it! I could have won with my other card!" If it is, then "phew, I almost gave you an opportunity to plus-combo everything". In either case, it'll probably be a draw and sudden death now instead. :greenie:

Edit: Oh, it was an Imp. Awesome. I was sure my Bomb would get taken.

Loony BoB
03-28-2012, 10:18 PM
http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=arena&act=replay&id=889

Anyone had more than four rounds in a Sudden Death match yet? :D

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2012, 10:47 PM
I herby declare that the most epic Triple Triad match there ever was.

Ack! Had I only seen that second T-Rexaur in the end of the first round!

The last Sudden Death round was 100% perfectly played by BoB. Not even Quistis could have done it better. I was so sure he'd fall for my bait and take the Blue Dragon with a Bomb or T-Rexaur instead of the Creeps. Then, when I saw the T-Rexaur's placement and started thinking about the bombs, I kinda knew it was all lost. That perfect combo was inevitable. :greenie:

edczxcvbnm
03-28-2012, 11:10 PM
So I just started to play this and if you leave the match via clicking on a link then you lose all of your cards. There is also no warning if you leave the match via another link. I kind of left the match because the thing froze up on me.

This game is pretty damn glitchy though. I had a few matches with Quistiterasdf and it just would not go. I got my ass kicked but I was placing cards down where I didn't want to because she wouldn't go and it was about the only thing I could do.

Call me back when a version that isn't broken comes out =P

Alpha2099
03-28-2012, 11:42 PM
So I just started to play this and if you leave the match via clicking on a link then you lose all of your cards. There is also no warning if you leave the match via another link. I kind of left the match because the thing froze up on me.

This game is pretty damn glitchy though. I had a few matches with Quistiterasdf and it just would not go. I got my ass kicked but I was placing cards down where I didn't want to because she wouldn't go and it was about the only thing I could do.

This game does have glitches, for sure. There are times where it looks like the CPU opponent isn't doing anything, so you decide to put another card down, and THEN suddenly both moves happen at once. I've also seen cards randomly start flipping around for no reason. You can refresh the page and everything seems okay (you don't have to worry about being credited for a loss), but I've had to hit Refresh 2 or 3 times in one match. It is definitely very buggy.

Loony BoB
03-29-2012, 07:28 AM

While it is glitchy, you don't lose all your cards if you click on a link. Go to the Triple Triad tab and then go to the far left option of 'Active Battles'. Click on that for a drop down which should include any battles you have not yet finished.

The biggest glitch for me is when you see a card going to one location but it's actually gone to another, or when the CPU just freezes up. In each of these cases, I just reload the match using the active battles menu or by refreshing the page.

I don't think the team working on this will spend much time fixing small problems that are more than likely caused by our dodgy server which has an overloaded CPU. But even if it's not the server, the guys who made the game aren't releasing new versions just yet, last I checked. So we have to make do with what we've got. I find that any issues it has are always to do with the CPU rather than opponent players, so you shouldn't ever lose a valuable card to another player via a glitch. Given that no matter how many cards you lose to the CPU, you can always easily get more from the CPU players... I'd say that there shouldn't be any major problems with the game overall. Farm the CPUs for cards, play the cards against other members.

Raistlin
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Daniel is right that the majority of the worst bugs come from playing the CPU players, because those bastards love to cheat. Though I was playing a dramatic tie-breaker game against Ultima Shadow, and on checking back for my turn, I moved to take what I thought was his card and go up 7-3 with him only having one turn left. "Aha!" I thought, "Unless he can Same/Plus in one of the last two spots, I have this game won! And that is unlikely because I didn't move where he seemed to want me to move into a trap!" I patted myself on the back for being such a genius and planned my celebration party and press conference. HOWEVER, the score didn't change to register my new points and I was enraged; I watched in horrified dismay as Ultima flipped just one of my cards to tie it up, putting us into Sudden Death. I ended up losing the game and throwing my laptop out the window, apparently killing some nice old lady with 23 now-orphaned dogs. Glitches kill, people (and unlike "Help my uncle, Jack, off a horse," that sentence works both with and without the comma).

Afterwards as I rewatched the game, I realized that the card I thought I had taken was, in fact, mine all along, and the game had shown it to me as his. xD

Loony BoB
03-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Afterwards as I rewatched the game, I realized that the card I thought I had taken was, in fact, mine all along, and the game had shown it to me as his. xD
I've had this happen before and I think it's something to do with the horrible server we're on at the moment. The problem is that it's not downloading the files for the varying colours of each card fast enough when they flip because the server is under so much stress for it's incredibly weak processor. We're hoping to get this fixed in time, but sadly it won't be an overnight thing. Sucks, though. :(

Sephex
03-29-2012, 05:29 PM
YOU GUYS POSTED THIS ON FACEBOOK ALREADY!!!!

edczxcvbnm
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you Looney Bob. It was that my battle never ended and I was looking for a button to continue my matches...a button that didn't exist. I didn't think it would list it at the top menu bar :/

Also, for all of this talk about awesome God Mode AI. I refer you to my Sudden Death match with Quistissisisserseters where she should have easily won multiple rounds but decided that she didn't really want to win that badly XD

Now that I know I can just refresh the page, the game works a lot better but it is still glitched. When you go into sudden death you need to refresh the page because the elemental titles show up as normal XP

http://home.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=arena&act=replay&id=1042

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
I now officially love the Admantoise + Imp + Grand Mantis trio. I've won a total of 3 matches against human opponents thanks to it. =D