PDA

View Full Version : I am so angry I am numb!

Shattered Dreamer
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Today while I was out of my apartment helping my room mate on one of his film projects, we got robbed! All that was taken was cash, approximately €300 between the two of us (rent money no less). Given that today is a Sunday we have to wait until tomorrow for a locksmith! I honestly feel sick to my stomach!

So EoFF, has anybody else here had the amazingly $h*tty experience of being robbed?

drotato
03-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Um... Someone stole my cd player once, when I was ten. D:

Jiro
03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Somebody nicked my gameboy sp and about a dozen games. That pissed me off. I've had plenty of cash stolen as well, but that's a different story altogether.

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2012, 11:22 PM
I narrowly avoided being stabbed and mugged by a hobo a week or so ago. Thank god my employees came outside. :|

Other than that I've had my ipod and about twenty CD's stolen from my car when I was in HS.

Shlup
03-26-2012, 12:21 AM
I've never been robbed. My dad has been a few times though. One time he came home while the robber was still there, and kicked his ass. Another time, like last year a couple came up to him as he was getting in his car and tazed him. He managed to fight them off, start his car, and chase them down. I'm sure he would've hit them if he had known that the police wouldn't show up to help, even after he followed them in their van for several miles.

drotato
03-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Shlup... Your dad sounds awesomely badass. :colbert:

blackmage_nuke
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Once I got $200 the day before my birthday and our house was broken in on the day of my birthday.

Sephex
03-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Not me personally, but it is a big fear of mine.

fire_of_avalon
03-26-2012, 01:50 AM
We were burgled once when we lived with my grandma. They never found the people who did it and they got away with all the money she had in her pocket book which was about $1300.00. And some coins she'd been saving.

I've had family steal from me before. That's pretty much the worst feeling ever.

NorthernChaosGod
03-26-2012, 02:18 AM
When I was a kid, my dad's car was stolen like three times. One time they took my shoes that were in there. :(

drotato
03-26-2012, 03:26 AM
Poor Julie and his little baby shoes. ; ~;

Agent Proto
03-26-2012, 03:34 AM
I haven't had anything stolen from me, but I did manage to lose my wallet at one point because I was an idiot and left it out of my pocket on a table in the arcade room at the mall as I left. It had some money so I'm sure some lucky bastard ran off with the money.

Pike
03-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Not that I know of. My life is (thankfully) boring that way.

GhandiOwnsYou
03-26-2012, 08:02 AM
My wife and I went to an Alice in Chains concert about a week before i left for my last deployment. It was snowing outside, hot as hell inside so we took off our hoodies during the show. The bitch behind us stole both our hoodies and my wifes bag during the encore and dipped out. Her whole keyring, wallet, ID card (military, required for health insurance coverage), checkbooks, two cell phones, and all our bank cards/bank account info. It was a miracle i had my car keys in my pocket, I had unclipped them from my house/asst. keys because I was tired of the bulky keychain. Would have been stuck an hour and a half away from home all night.

I had like 5 days to fix all that crap before I left, not to mention deployed not knowing if I was going to get paid or not. ( it takes a few weeks to transfer direct deposit, i had a week, so i had to leave and hope my wife had money for rent on the first.) Really super awesome way to spend your last few days stateside, relaxing and enjoying time with my wife like that.

Shattered Dreamer
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
In an update to my story, I was called into the police station this morning (I didn't sleep much last night) to make a formal statement (I was brought into an interview room that looked like something out of a low rent Cop drama no joke) & now I cannot get the locks changed until their CSI team come in & check all the doors & windows for signs of tampering. Although in a way I'm glad they are deciding to at least do that because when my flatmate & I went to report it yesterday we were treated like criminals.

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I've never been successfully robbed. Once while I was in Dallas this guy who was maybe a little older than me tried mugging me with a tiny knife, so I kicked him in the gut and knocked him out with a punch to the face. I felt so epic after that, it was like something out of a movie. The only other time was when I caught a hobo attempting to break into my jaguar and kicked him in the ribs., I let him go after that because he looked really weak and I was afraid I might seriously injure him. Also I didn't want hobo rabies.

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
One time in middle school I was doing a weird coupon fundraiser, and I just got the coupons to give out to the people who ordered them and they went missing during gym. I was pretty panicked because I had sold a lot of them and now a lot of people were going to be upset. Later that day I found my trapper keeper along with the coupons torn apart in another room. Nothing was missing, and that just made it even worse because somebody did this just to upset me personally, not because they wanted to steal from a stranger :(

Also once my family went on a cruise and my brother gave his friend keys to the house so he'd have a place to stay for the weekend (he got kicked out of his house). My parents came back to find that all of my dad's guns had been stolen. Thankfully they were all accounted for eventually. One of them went to a guy that tried killing his girlfriend with it, but she survived. I'm glad my brother didn't have something like that hanging over his head.

Peegee
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I've never been successfully robbed. Once while I was in Dallas this guy who was maybe a little older than me tried mugging me with a tiny knife, so I kicked him in the gut and knocked him out with a punch to the face. I felt so epic after that, it was like something out of a movie. The only other time was when I caught a hobo attempting to break into my jaguar and kicked him in the ribs., I let him go after that because he looked really weak and I was afraid I might seriously injure him. Also I didn't want hobo rabies.

I..wait...

Unbreakable Will
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I've never been successfully robbed. Once while I was on WOW this guy who was maybe a little older than me tried mugging me with a tiny knife, so I stabbed him in the gut and hurt my hand typing too hard. I felt so epic after that, it was like something out of a movie. The only other time was when I caught a little brother attempting to break my model jaguar and kicked him in the ribs., I let him go after that because he looked really weak and I was afraid I might seriously injure him. Also I didn't want my parents to beat me.
Fix'd

Just playin, hypo :love:

drotato
03-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Stupid WOW...

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 07:24 PM
What, a guy can't be on the internet AND be good at fighting?

drotato
03-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Usually it's unlikely, but I believe you, Hypo. (:

Psychotic
03-26-2012, 07:40 PM
I've never been successfully robbed. Once while I was in Dallas this guy who was maybe a little older than me tried mugging me with a tiny knife, so I kicked him in the gut and knocked him out with a punch to the face. I felt so epic after that, it was like something out of a movie. The only other time was when I caught a hobo attempting to break into my jaguar and kicked him in the ribs., I let him go after that because he looked really weak and I was afraid I might seriously injure him. Also I didn't want hobo rabies.one time when I was 13 some guy was like "GIVE ME YOUR WALLET" and he ran at me. So I sprayed him with my flamethrower, and we both went our seperate ways: Him screaming and slowly burning to death, and me, with the biggest :smug: face ever.

then i saved my game, turned off my PS1 and put my copy of GTA2 back in its box.

Agent Proto
03-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Hypo, I find it hard to believe that you own and drive a Jaguar.

drotato
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Epic story, Paul. Epic story.

Proto, maybe his parents are rich. xD

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
It''s the only car I have ever owned, I can go take a picture with my VITA later if you want.

@Amaria: actually an old Jag usually only costs around 10-15k. It used to be my mothers car.

Psychotic
03-26-2012, 08:10 PM
i had a 1967 jag, silver. but the cops blew it up :(

then i saved my game, turned off my PS1 and put my copy of GTA: London back in its box.

Hollycat
03-26-2012, 08:13 PM
You stop that.

Seriously, I have a 2000S Jaguar. It even has the old website for my parents real estate company on the back.

Jiro
03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
GTA: London would be the best thing ever, but only if you make Iceglow the protagonist.

Shlup
03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Shlup... Your dad sounds awesomely badass. :colbert:

He has his moments. It's fun to watch him take people down!

Chris
03-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Nope, never been robbed. At least not face to face. I've had a lot of things taken from me, but mostly material stuff that doesn't hold any particular meaning to me.

NorthernChaosGod
03-26-2012, 11:49 PM
You stop that.

Seriously, I have a 2000S Jaguar. It even has the old website for my parents real estate company on the back.

You made a thread about lying about shit. You can't be surprised people don't believe that. So yeah, pics or it didn't happen.

Hollycat
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Amandas dad vs foa, the battle to decide who wins the universe.