PDA

View Full Version : Sirens

Jiro
03-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Do you guys hear sirens much? Like, police, fire, ambulance services. This morning there were four or five different occurrences where a siren blared past while I was trying to sleep. This has been a common thing for the past week or so. I've decided Laramie is burning down thanks to the small rise in temperature.

Back home I never hear sirens. I live too far out of town for them generally, and whenever I do hear sirens its ambulance or police going past while I'm driving on the coast.

So how bout you guys?

Psychotic
03-25-2012, 11:16 PM
If I am playing with Iceglow on XBL, every three minutes or so through the headset. I swear the man is just permanently hunted by the police - I assume for crimes against brevity.

Unbreakable Will
03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Sirens are almost a constant in Clarksville, it's so often that one would almost tend to get worried if you haven't heard a siren in an hour. :p

Shlup
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Eh... No, I don't hear sirens very often. Or at least not as often as one might expect where I live.

Sephex
03-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Near my parent's house I hear a few sirens, but that's because there is a nearby hospital. I tend to hear quite a few by my apartment, but the village police station and fire station is just down my street.

Raistlin
03-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Very rarely. I don't think I've ever lived in a place where sirens were such a regular occurrence.

fire_of_avalon
03-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Similarly to Jiri I live in the sticks so it's a rare occurrence. I can remember being up late one night when I was younger, reading a book or playing a game, and I could hear this odd far away hollow noise. It was fifteen minutes before I figured out it was a siren and another 5 before I saw the ambulance.

Agent Proto
03-26-2012, 02:07 AM
I hear sirens from firetrucks, ambulances, and/or police cruisers at least once a week around here. That's about as regularly as it can get.