PDA

View Full Version : I never seem to play this game more than a few hours...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-26-2012, 02:28 AM
Of all the Final Fantasy games 1 through 10, number 5 is the only one that I just can't seem to play more than a couple hours.

When I think of Final Fantasy as a whole I have the habit of thinking of 1 through 10, not counting 3 or any of the side games.

There always seems to be one reason or another why I can't get through this one. Either i'm too busy to finish, I don't play video games for a few months and when I come back to it I can't get back into the groove, or like in my most recent try, I didn't know I started a battle with Shiva (where I died and hadn't saved for a while).

It's a shame because I really enjoy this game and its characters. I just never get around to playing it for more than a few hours.

Do any of you have the same experience with this game (or other Final Fantasy games)?

ScottNUMBERS
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Do any of you have the same experience with this game (or other Final Fantasy games)?
No, FFV is one of the most fun and addictive FF games there is. In fact I find the exact opposite more of a problem - once I pick this game up I find it hard to put down.

Alpha2099
03-28-2012, 05:59 AM
The last time I tried playing FF5, I gave up about halfway. Other things got my attention. Recently I've had a hankering to get back into it. I recently downloaded a mod for the GBA remake that tweaks the job system a bit. I'm interested to try it out, and really I think that's why I want to play the game again, just for the job system. The story I can take or leave.

Loony BoB
03-28-2012, 09:13 AM
I love it. Although I prefer playing it on ROM form because of the ability to increase the speed of the game. I own it on PSN because I love it and don't feel like ripping off the company when the game is that good, but yeah... I just don't like how slow the game moves. So onto the PC it goes!

I find it addictive. FFV is the kind of game I can play for quite some time. The gameplay takes priority over story, I find, so perhaps that's the issue you have with the game - you might be more of a story-over-gameplay kind of guy?

Flying Arrow
03-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem with the original FFTactics. Started it three times in my life but have never reached anything near the end. I just stop caring at a certain point.

Jessweeee♪
03-28-2012, 10:15 PM
I've taken to playing it while moisturizing my face. It takes a good hour or so to dry and I can't see anything without my glasses, so I put my PSP reeeaaall close and squint.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-30-2012, 06:02 AM
you might be more of a story-over-gameplay kind of guy?

I never really think of video games in those terms. I've always taken the stance of "I either enjoy it or I don't". Surprisingly, I never heard anyone divide the game up into sections like story/gameplay/music/controls until I started reading articles or posting on forums on the internet.

I think in general Final Fantasy 5 just happens to be the game I try playing whenever I don't have much time for video games.

Haha_YouAint
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
No, FFV is one of the most fun and addictive FF games there is. In fact I find the exact opposite more of a problem - once I pick this game up I find it hard to put down.

I agree 100%. I just started playing FFV a couple of weeks ago and I'm completely obsessed with the job system. I keep trying to see what kind of abilities I can get if I keep levelling.

Alpha2099
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I agree 100%. I just started playing FFV a couple of weeks ago and I'm completely obsessed with the job system. I keep trying to see what kind of abilities I can get if I keep levelling.
Same here. That's the hook of the game. For once, you're not so focused on the plot, like with most RPGs. The gameplay is the intriguing part.