PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a Zoroastrian?

iamagod
03-27-2012, 02:30 AM
I recently had a spiritual awakening and converted to Zoroastrianism. I really love my new religion, but I wish I knew more Zoroastrians. So is anyone here a Zoroastrian?

drotato
03-27-2012, 03:45 AM
WhatisthisIdon'teven.

No... Seriously, what is it?

Madame Adequate
03-27-2012, 03:57 AM
420 smoke trees worship angra mainyu erry day sacrifice bitches

Sephex
03-27-2012, 04:18 AM
WhatisthisIdon'teven.

You live your life like Zoro by slashing everything you can with the letter 'Z'.

drotato
03-27-2012, 04:29 AM
Lawl.
Zorro is badass enough to worship, you know.

DMKA
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
WhatisthisIdon'teven.

An ancient middle eastern religion that predates Christianity by centuries, and at one point in time, a huge portion of the world followed it. It's origins lie in what is modern day Iran, and it's still practiced there by a significant number of people, though Islam replaced it as the primary religion of said region.

And no, I am not Zoroastrian.

Bunny
03-27-2012, 04:45 PM
An ancient middle eastern religion that predates Christianity by centuries, and at one point in time, a huge portion of the world followed it. It's origins lie in what is modern day Iran, and it's still practiced there by a significant number of people, though Islam replaced it as the primary religion of said region.

This might be splitting hairs, but the number of people that practice Zoroastrianism nowadays isn't really a significant number. Without comparing it to any of the big three Abrahamic religions, the numbers are still relatively small, with living practitioners of Zoroastrianism only numbering slightly more than ~200,000, with the majority being in the India subcontinent. It's a very interesting religion, however.

Also, I am not a Zoroastrian. But Freddie Mercury was. What exactly caused the conversion, if you don't mind the asking?

Old Manus
03-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I recently had a spiritual awakening and converted to Zoroastrianism. I really love my new religion, but I wish I knew more Zoroastrians. So is anyone here a Zoroastrian?Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Shattered Dreamer
03-27-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm not a Zoroastrian but after googling what exactly the fup it is I have to say it sounds pretty okay.

Laddy
04-01-2012, 12:11 AM
No. But I would if I had to choose. That or Takeism. It's close.