PDA

View Full Version : The last game you played is now combined with Final Fantasy...

Pike
03-27-2012, 05:37 AM
How do you imagine it to be? (if the last game you played was a Final Fantasy, then count the last non-FF game you played.)

The last game I played was Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I'm now imagining a version of that game with classes and special powers. Like Sonic as a fighter or thief and Tails as a white mage who can restore rings to you on a cooldown. As you progress through the game, you can unlock new classes.

...I want to play this now.

VeloZer0
03-27-2012, 07:01 AM
Bioware actually did make a Sonic JRPG for the DS. From what I have heard it doesn't suck all that much.

I can't remember if the last game I played was Borderlands or some Mega Man X title. Imagining MMX + FF is a fairly easy leap, it is called Mega Man X: Command Mission. They basically just ripped off the battle system from FF10 with some minor tweaks.

Borderlands + FF. Hm... I mean the best I can go with is either replace Borderlands FPS based gameplay with turn based RPG gameplay, or re-do Borderlands with a more linear story and stronger character interactions.

Gamblet
03-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Aion + FF = FF XIV maybe

Bubba
03-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Good question!

I was actually playing Tetris on the train on the way to work this morning. Not the best game to use but it did make me think of a specific scenario in a Final Fantasy game which could be interesting.

The story could be similar, fighting to save the planet from some evil being or corporation. Then, halfway through the game, the world is hit by a severe meteor shower (they don't have to be shaped like tetris blocks!) or even a rogue comet or something.

The world is then turned on it's head (ala FFVI) but not due to the actions of some evil genius... just because these things can happen. The rest of the game is the continued fight against XXX but also struggling to come to terms with the near destruction of the world.

EDIT: Or the main characters actually lose the will to fight after becoming addicted to Tetris

Mirage
03-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Final Civilization 4. Man, I would buy this game.

It would be like Civ4, but with final fantasy units instead. As you approached the future, you would get access to units such as magitek missile launchers, enchanted firearms, spellcaster units with meteor and ultima, and transportation units that utilized magical portals. As usual, units would level up like you always do in civilization, but each unit type would have an elaborate skill/growth tree, and "Great People" would be named and modeled after final fantasy heroes. Relm would be a great artist, for example. Cid would of course be a Great Engineer, and so on.

Jinx
03-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Final Fantasy + The Sims = It's really funny when you make Tifa and Aeris give each other compliments until they fall in love, then make them get in the Vibrating Heart Bed together.

Rantz
03-27-2012, 04:37 PM
The world is invaded by
dragons. The wind stops,
the horkers are wild,
and the draugr begin to rot.
The people wait,
their only hope, a prophecy...

'When the world is in darkness
Four Dovahkiin will come...'

After a long journey, four
young Dovahkiin arrive,
each holding a WHEEL OF CHEESE.

Sephex
03-27-2012, 05:31 PM
MAGI GEAR?!

I knew it all along...

Raistlin
03-27-2012, 05:34 PM
The last game I played was briefly trying out this Mario Bros. remake with Portal abilities (http://stabyourself.net/mari0/). Mario + Portal + Final Fantasy? *brain explodes*

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Mirror's Edge

Oh man that would be so cool. I want to climb the shit over Palumpolum or Zanarkand.

Mercen-X
03-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Final Fantasy Hidden Objects
&
Final Fantasy Build-a-City

Depression Moon
03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Advance Wars + Final Fantasy = Final Fantasy Tactics?

VeloZer0
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Advance Wars + Final Fantasy = Final Fantasy Tactics?
That game sounds amazing!

Alpha2099
03-28-2012, 05:55 AM
IIRC, the last non-FF game I played was The Legend of Dragoon. In that case, I'm imagining an ATB system in place of turn-based combat, and I bet the Addition system would be tweaked (even though I like it as is). Turning into a Dragoon would become a Limit Break of sorts, and the characters' weapons would actually change appearance as you bought new ones.

Del Murder
03-30-2012, 04:48 AM
Zelda + FF = Secret of Mana?

Mercen-X
03-31-2012, 09:12 PM
I believe I've already brought up, rehashed, and shamelessly Chewbacca'd the idea of a Final Fantasy Battlefront (http://www.battlefront.com/). Yes. I would love it. No, you will not survive if you try to kill my idea. It will eat you.

Hollycat
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Pong FF. Oh boy are we in for a treat.

Greatermaximus
04-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Final Fantasy Chess.

Terra and the Returners on the white piece side with Kefka and the Empire as black pieces.

Reaca
04-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Final Fantasy: Draw Something

You have to draw out the spells and you can design your own swords, shields, armors, ect.

Mercen-X
04-06-2012, 03:43 AM
yay...